any players of collectable or vintage games (OD&D, Etc.) here?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Depends on what ya mean by collectable. :)

I myself have at least one copy of every OD&D and 1e AD&D product published (including the original Chainmail rules). As recently as late last year/early this year I finally completed my collection of Dragon mags (I now have each issue going all the way back to #1, including the issues of the Strategic Review...and these are all hard copies, not the Dragon CD).

My 2e AD&D stuff includes just about everything, except some FR and PS stuff (I never cared much for either setting, though I do have a lot of books for each one, just not all).

3e....tons of stuff.

And I am running out of places to stash all the stuff.

Crothian

First Post
Okay, my collection pales in comparrison to Scott's, but I've got a good bit of the old stuff. Most of the second editon stuff I geot rid of for lack of space. d20 stuff I'm close to running out of space for.

Tsyr

Explorer
Dune (Finaly got to play it!)
WEGs Star Wars (Far better than D20, IMHO)
Changeling (Actualy, I don't think the core book is OoP, but all the other books are, so...)
Alternity
2E (sadly... wish the guy would switch to Hackmaster)
Sometimes I pull out the Rules Cyclopedia for a oneshot...
Rokugan (Non D20 version... is it out of print?)

diaglo

Adventurer
players or collectors?

i have an extremely large collection. i continue to collect. i have extras of most of the stuff i liked.

i haven't played a face to face session for older editions for 13 years.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Hey, Ermanaric, of course there are.

It's likely, given how recently you started the 1st Edition defense thread that most of those have already made it over to Dragonsfoot where there are a ton more resources for previous editions, though. Morrus really has enough on his plate trying to keep up with 3E/d20, don't you agree?

Psion

Adventurer
We've played MegaTraveller for years after its demise, and Alternity every now and then.

But D&D? Nah. Every step was a step forward AFAIAC.

Morrow

First Post
Theuderic said:
yes any game that is out of print and you play

I play OD&D (the Basic/Expert/Companion/Master version) whenever the opportunity presents itself. I think I own the entire product line. Aaron Allston and Bruce Heard are my heroes.

Morrow

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases