[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
After a light breakfast and an uneventful night the group looks to be ready to head out again. Darguun is not the place to wait around as the rumours of the monstrous humanoids patrolling these parts, and what they do when catching "Brelish spies", is nearly as terrifying as the horrors that lie in the Mournlands.

[sblock=OOC]
Here we go...

Previous Thread here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...-trouble-moonwatch-judge-twoheadsbarking.html
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Kortauhk wakes up, feeling much better than when he was roped and chained in a tent! Attaching all of his gear to his belt and strapping on his backpack, he looks to the sky. Not seeing a storm overhead or moving away from the group, this convinces Kortauhk that he should be traveling with them.

Walking over to Valahad and Sheeva, he takes a look at the map over Sheeva's shoulder.

"What that? It show where Kortauhk and peoples go?"

Velmont

First Post
River was silent and thinking, following the group.

During the last war, he had been healing people in camps, people who had fought to defend their nation, their right or simply the ambition of their leaders. They were obeying order and were suffering or getting killed for it. To River, the reason was so big and so out of his control that traveling from camp to camp to heal the soldier seemed something wise to do. When he needed to enter a combat field, he had the chance to be assigned to heal the defenders of the territory, it was part of the agreement he had passed with the halflings of Jorasco. And even if he had a weapon and he had taken part of the combat, nothing would have changed, or except maybe he would have died and he would have not save any further life.

After the war, it was even simpler. He had only to heal the wounds left by the war. Some times, he had to heals member of authorities, or rarely some caught criminals. His role was simple, he was needed, and never the need to fight arise.

Now that he decided to take a more active role, now he was following that group of adventurer, his conviction was shaken. Because of his wish of preserving life, he had seen Lanharath almost get killed against the doppelganger. Lanharath had also pointed him the weakness of his conviction. He had always believed that his gift was given by Arawai because of his conviction, but he had also seen some followers of Arawai raise a weapon in the name of the defense of life or of the nature.

Something was telling him that it was now just a question of time before he was put in front of the choice of killing or letting kill and that idea was scaring River.

Lanharath, you were wise enough to see the weakness in my faith. Arawai, preserve me from doing a costly mistake. thought River.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Velmot] *gives applause* Very nice post! Are you switching out your pacifist healer stuff? I sure hope not, pacifist healers ROCK! Of course, they keep nerfing things, so I wouldn't blame you if you did, but either way, that was a very nice piece of writing :) [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad sits near the fire, polishing his blade and the plates of his armor while everybody awakens. Looking at his reflection in the weapon, he sharpens it's edge. He'd gotten quite good with it, and hopefully it would start to pay off. His thoughts drifted to Lanharath and what really happened to his friend. Hopefully he would be fine, whereever he was.

Once finished, the kalashtar pulled out the map, and they plan the best path to continue on.

[sblock=Stats]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 28
HP: 63/63 Surge: 11/11(15)
AC: 24 F: 16 R: 17 W: 19
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike****
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity
Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Wrath of the Gods
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I picked up Weapon focus heavy blades and took the Wrath of the Gods as my utility. It's a daily that gives myself and allies in a close burst 1 a +4 bonus on damage for the encounter.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Not now, I even go deeper into Pacifist by taking Pacifist's Reward feat at level 6, an answer of Arawai to River. But he might start to use Sacred Flame at some point during this adventure if the need arise.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
The map reveals a path that would allow the party to travel through the Watching Wood and through the Vile Marsh, to avoid the Drooam forts of Tzaryan Keep and Karthoon Tor. It looks like it would take roughly a week to a ten days to pass through the Marsh.

[sblock=History DC 18]
You recall that the Vile Marsh is not a place that is regularly patrolled by either the Drooam or Shadow Marches governments, or at least what passes for their governments. [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Vile Marsh? More like Vile Hair after I walk through there. Nobody in the Watching Wood would want to watch me after walking through the Vile Marsh." Sheeva quips.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases