Osric

juboke

Explorer
Is there a Word document version of OSRIC?

I like that Mythmere Games has a Word document version (for house ruling) for Swords & Wizardry and was looking for the same with OSRIC.

Thanks in advance.

Ourph

First Post
Is there a Word document version of OSRIC?
Not an official one.

It would be possible to do a conversion from the .pdf to a modifiable text format with OCR software, but it would be fairly difficult to get all the formating to convert and I'm not aware of anyone who has done it.

Last edited:

Matt Finch is currently controlling OSRIC, since owing to real life I've had to take a back seat for a while, and this is for him to decide.

Personally, I always took the view that OSRIC is lawful as it stands, but I would not want any "corrected" versions of OSRIC circulating on the web, because that could place me in a difficult position. Many of the things in OSRIC are as they are, and read as they do, for legal reasons that have been rather carefully thought through.

I was always quite happy with others circulating house rule documents, supplements, etc. since those documents would not have my name on them. But I decided that to the maximum extent that I had any control over the matter, the core rules are to be circulated as is, or not at all.

In practice, of course, "the maximum extent" is not very far. You could easily extract the text and produce a .doc version, which you could alter as you wish. I can't and won't stop you, or even discourage you, but in order to protect my own position I won't help you either.

I would advise you to be very careful when amending retro-clones, particularly if you intend to circulate them. This is not a good area for making mistakes!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases