Proposal - Allow 3rd PC's

elecgraystone

First Post
Well, it'll all depend on how many will qualify by the time PHB3 comes out I'd think. I'd expect most people to try out a new class then. Myself, I'd just have to wait until my druid hits 2nd to qualify and that's possible in the next 2 months. Even if I would make up a new PC, I don't think I'd do it right away though. Settling on a concept and getting it down on wiki always takes a bit of time for me. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Oooh! Fun. I gotta admit, I'm near maxed out myself. (Just ask my MMC crew.) But a 3rd PC would be fun. I wouldn't even wait for PHB3, although a monk sounds awesome.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I like combined level. But 6 is a little low now that we doubled XP.

I mean, I bumped PCs from level 1 to 4 in a 5 month adventure. I had three Player disappear during that adventure (part of which was during normal XP mode). If these guys had hanged on about 2 more months, they would have almost qualified for a 3rd PC and then probably still disappeared...

At the current pace, 6 combined level might be a little low. Maybe 8? It would also push back a bit the flood gate. Few people qualify right now for 8 but many do for 6; you won't get as much of a backlog.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
It seems worth mentioning that having more PCs could lead to more burnouts. I know I'd be tempted to make a third character, even though I have a hard enough time following just one.

Not for me :) I've got four characters and I can't get enough. I say YES to a 3rd character! I propose we get as many characters as the number of adventures Renau1g is currently DMing. Ha Ha!...Wait...that would be for right now right?

elecgraystone

First Post
I like combined level. But 6 is a little low now that we doubled XP.

I mean, I bumped PCs from level 1 to 4 in a 5 month adventure. I had three Player disappear during that adventure (part of which was during normal XP mode). If these guys had hanged on about 2 more months, they would have almost qualified for a 3rd PC and then probably still disappeared...
I think you answered your own question there. The level requirement was suggested to make sure the person was dedicated enough. If the players you where talking about stick around and consistently post for 7 months, that sounds like they are dedicated. The ones that weren't didn't stick around and weren't. And you found out before 6th didn't you?

IMO the higher you set the limit, the more you are penalizing the people that waited a bit to start their second character. I don't see waiting for the primal book as being less dedicated than someone that wanted to play something from the martial book. This is especially true for people that leveled up before the doubled EXP. ;)

Now if it's JUST to prevent a backlog, that's something else... The best thing would be to ask the people renau1g listed if they plan to make 3rd characters and you have an idea what it might be like. And since I think most of them are judges, it'll be a question on how soon do THEY want 3rd characters. :p

renau1g

First Post
Personally I will be waiting for PHB3 (if this passes) and try out the only class not yet detailed in some manner (Runepriest I think?). I think we're just about caught up on reviews so the "wave" isn't a concern to me really. Actually, the players who've made 2 characters and leveled them up so far usually require only minimal review as they've nailed down the formatting by now.

Kalidrev

First Post
I think I would also be in that "close" list, as Crag is now 3rd level and Mikara is 2nd. I think Mikara will be 3rd by the end of Power of Knowledge, and If we continue the trend of Renau1's battles, I think Crag will be close if not qualifying for 4th by the end of A Simple Errand....if we survive the dragon battle anyway =p

renau1g

First Post
Yes you are ;). Well you might be...that dragon's pretty insane!

oh, I think by now I'm also ready to vote

YES to the proposal of allowing 3rd PC's with the caveat that the player needs to have two PC's above 1st level and their combined level must be at least 6.

Kalidrev

First Post
I would also like to amend my vote to match renau1g's: YES with the caveat that the player must have 2 characters/PCs above 2nd level, and their combined levels must total at least 6..

Remove ads