Vote for your favorite Paragon Path - Part 2.1: Fighter

Which is your favorite Fighter Paragon Path?

• Avenging Slayer (MP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bladestorm Duelist (Dr 378)

• Doomguard Marauder (MoP)

• Draeven Marauder (Dr 365)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Dread Reaper (MP)

• Dreadnought (MP)

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Dwarven Defender (MP)

• Great Weapon Master (Dr 379)

• Halfling Bounder (MP)

• Inner Dragon (MP)

• Iron Vanguard (PHB1)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Kensei (PHB1)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Knight Protector (MP)

• Pit Fighter (PHB1)

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Polearm Master (MP)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Ravager (MP)

• Scale-Breaker (Dr 369)

• Shield Adept (MP)

• Shock Trooper (MP)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Siegebreaker (Dr 379)

• Swordmaster (PHB1)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tiefling Warfiend (MP)

• Wrathbearer (Dr 378)

• Who cares about Fighters?

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Poll closed .

mkill

Adventurer
Let's already start the second round of our big Paragon Path vote. After Clerics, the next class in PHB 1 are Fighters. Now, I'm trying to keep the number of choices down to a reasonable level, so I only included Fighter-only PPs here. There are also no Martial Power 2 choices, as they are not in DDI yet. Expect a second round of Fighter choices later.

Again, only the winner will make it to the Champions round.

Will the PHB1 classes rule this vote like the first one? Will Martial Power do better than Divine Power? Stay tuned.

Other polls:
Cleric - Fighter - Paladin - Ranger - Rogue - Warlock - Warlord - Wizard - Swordmage - Forgotten Realms - Avenger - Barbarian - Bard - Druid - Invoker - Sorcerer - Warden - Eberron - Artificer -

Last edited:

mkill

Adventurer
There is nothing cheesy about Pit Fighter: It's an honest, straightforward damage bonus, and a Fighter needes to be able to dish out so enemies take him serious.

I still voted for the Tiefling Warfiend. Tieflings rule, and this PP goes a long way to make them viable. I like that it includes a decent mark booster.

I am not a fan of the Kensei Action Point feature, but it is otherwise... nice. Simple, elegant, and I generally like the idea of a "weapon master" type of Fighter. It works well for me.

Destil

Explorer
I'm surprised Kensai is this popular. I suppose by paragon most fighters have some option to throw their weapon with magic? I find the issue of not being able to use a secondary thrown weapon to be a bit of a dealbreaker on that one for most builds. Suppose getting flight would also work.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dreadnought, because it turns a Barbarian from an unstoppable whirling death machine into the Juggernaut.

"Don't you know who Ah am?", -- N

Mengu

First Post
I'm surprised Kensai is this popular. I suppose by paragon most fighters have some option to throw their weapon with magic? I find the issue of not being able to use a secondary thrown weapon to be a bit of a dealbreaker on that one for most builds. Suppose getting flight would also work.

I dislike Kensei for the same reason, unless you are using drow long knives.

Pitfighter is a little too much cheese for my taste.

I think Shocktrooper is the right amount of cheese. A straight up boost to damage from weapon size, and conditional dex bonus to damage when you have combat advantage once per round is good enough for me.

I voted Dreadnought though, for no other reason than that I like shaking off conditions such as dazed, restrained or immobilized during my turn. And resist 5 all for an encounter is nice. (And on an unrelated note, no, I don't think clerics should be allowed to give it to everyone in the party at level 1!)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I'm a big fan of Pit Fighter for my battle cleric. Our party is often smaller than normal, and being able to do credible damage is quite nice, especially on a AP Nova round.

Brad

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases