Proposal: Allow Character Builder summary sheets in place of EW templates

evilbob

Explorer
As I recall, it didn't take me very long at first to get the hang of excel when I started but everyone takes to things differently don't we. :)
Yup. :)

ScorpiusRisk said:
I thought you said it didn't work. I didn't even look at it.
They actually released a new one today. Still managed to find another small bug, tho.

More to the point, I also found it doesn't upload to GoogleDocs because it contains too many rows (over 400,000!!!), so unless we joined forces with those guys, it's a non-starter. Also, it doesn't show powers (or it'd be 10x more complex and they'd get sued).

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Don't worry about the cost of 8 vs the others. I'll just adjust the formula slightly for the Str row.

If you can do it for one of the rows I can make the rest work.

elecgraystone

First Post
Well, it's rather long to do it with 8 and 9 but this works... it's more or less 'if starting is 10 and you spend 0 your total is 0, if starting is 10 and you spend 1 your total is 11, ect'. A pain in the butt to type out but once done it should just be a matter of swapping out the B3 and C3 in the formula with the actual cells and pasting it into the target cell. Also n/a can be replaced with whatever message you wish.

B3 is starting stat
C3 is points spent
It'll pop out an n/a if you put in a points spent total that doesn't work.

[SBLOCK=formula] =IF(B3=10,IF((C3=0),10,IF((C3=1),11,IF((C3=2),12,IF((C3=3),13,IF((C3=4),"invalid",IF((C3=5),14,IF((C3=6),"invalid",IF((C3=7),15,IF((C3=8),"invalid",IF((C3=9),16,IF((C3=10),"invalid",IF((C3=11),"invalid",IF((C3=12),17,IF((C3=13),"invalid",IF((C3=14),"invalid",IF((C3=15),"invalid",IF((C3=16),18,"invalid"))))))))))))))))),(IF(B3=8,IF((C3=0),8,IF((C3=1),9,IF((C3=2),10,IF((C3=3),11,IF((C3=4),12,IF((C3=5),13,IF((C3=6),"invalid",IF((C3=7),14,IF((C3=8),"invalid",IF((C3=9),15,IF((C3=10),"invalid",IF((C3=11),16,IF((C3=12),"invalid",IF((C3=13),"invalid",IF((C3=14),17,IF((C3=15),"invalid",IF((C3=16),"invalid",IF(C3=17,"invalid",IF(C3=18,18,"invalid")))))))))))))))))))))) [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
elec: Can you wrap that in a CODE or SBLOCK so it doesn't stretch the page so.

Any spreadsheet should have the goal of helping with the math, but not replicating all of the books (like the dnd4 sheet does). That way lies madness and continuous update. We want something to help do verification, but doesn't have to have a lot of fiddly conditions. (Example: Just let them choose what stat does basic attacks, though default to Str/Dex. SImilar for defenses).

stonegod

SC: the sheet is also making the same error the L4W template did in the powers: Assuming a common layout. The is a fallacy, with many powers having many riders (Secondary or Tertariy attacks, multiple Effects in a certain order, or summoning, different weapons/implements). The LEB approach is likely better here (just let them give numbers and add the corallaries), or just do the math part here.

elecgraystone

First Post
I'm not sure I understand stonegod. It's formatted just like always on my screen. Not that i mind an sblock, just not sure I understand the issue.

EDIT: Done

I think the best thing is just have the blank power chart have all all the riders and you just delete what you don't need. The only places you need any math are the attack and damage sections. A section like our sheets now could do the trick and it'd require a lot less maintenance.

Last edited:

stonegod

As it's all one line, it's stretched all entries on the page to at least 3x their normal width. I have to scroll Horizontally to read entries, esp on my phone.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases