Battle at Harkon Manor

ghostcat

First Post
Having eaten, Trinham begins to feel much better. Well at least he no longer feels drowsy. As Claude introduces Tira, Trinham stands but nearly overbalances. Steadying himself on the table he gives the newcomer a scintillating smile and says pleasantly "A pleasure to meet you Tira."

Theroc

First Post
Aidan had watched warily until the girl came over and introduced herself, then he relaxed and let his hand rest on his leg once more. When Claude came to Aidan's name in the introduction, he nodded politely in recognition and returned to his food. Now that the potential danger had passed, Aidan could return to thinking on his father, and whether he would get the money in time. After all, he was bedridden when he left. Who knew how much time Aidan had to save him?

As the girl asked a question, Aidan turned and was about to speak before he stopped himself. He had no idea how much of what he knew was fact and how much was appropriate to go blurting out to a nigh total stranger, so he simply returned to his food, running over his memories of his father's circle days to see if he could reenact a few of his techniques to serve him in the battles to come.

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus smiles and stands as he is introduced. "Pleasure Miss Tira, please feel free to join us." Onesimus reaches over retrieves a chair from a nearby table and pulls it over. He continue to stands and indicates to the chair with his hand showing he won't be seated until he helps see her seated. I might be going to war to make a new life but I can still honor the customs of my family and culture. He thinks to himself.

Sunking

First Post
when she heard their names her face turned pale, her hand goes to her chest and she stairs at Jared “What was your name” she says nearly whispering, a look of dread on her face.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora eyed Claude's new friend with suspicion. She was a beauty, something that made Lora somewhat jealous, although the Wizardress would rather die than admit it. What was her purpose in all this? Did she seek protection? Was she gathering information? A single woman approaching a group of strangers is something Lora simply couldn't accept freely. "We know as much as anyone else - the Treylor Empire is supposedly invading the Five Kingdoms of Borlim, which means we as Peshans will be deeply affected as well. - Lora eyed the other girl, trying to see a reaction. Of course if she was any good as a spy she would not make it obvious for someone who had spent the last several years reading books and mixing potions. - There are rumors of an attack coming towards these lands, but nothing has been confirmed yet, judging from how unfocused on war the local nobility is. If you want to avoid getting caught between two armies you should head North and lose yourself in the thick woods. As a traveling hunter that should prove no challenge for you."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth paid no heed to Claude and the stranger at first, mind still turned inward despite his self-admonishments. But as the paladin introduces him and the new girl, his concentration was mercifully broken once again.

He nearly snaps again at the well-meaning older man, but controls his sharp tongue, merely nodding at the huntress. As she seems to recognize his family name, the color drains from his own face. “Jareth. Why do you ask?” is his own half-strangled reply, though he’s sure he already knows the answer. The young man still doesn’t want to face it, doesn’t want to tell all these people about his past, his family and his own betrayal, at least in his mind. They don’t need to know. I’m here because I want to be, and it’s none of their business, are the thoughts to race unbidden through his mind as he waits for Tira’s response with bated breath and a trace of pain in his eyes.

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry I've been pretty quiet lately. I've been just slammed with RL stuff.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
A tense silence forms about the party as Tira stares at Jareth, and he stares back. It lingers and deepens so that when it is broken by Vance's deep voice it feels like standing inside a bursted bubble.

"Well what's this, Miss Lora? Another companion added to your entourage?" he says from behind Tira's back. His smile is as winning as ever and he only has eyes for Miss Lora. Brend stops short of the table face gruff and arms folded.

Tira's eyes grow wide at the sound of the voice and she stands quickly. "I am a traveler my lord um... just passing through and by your leave." she says bowing and turning at once to leave. "Nonsense, look there is plenty of food and more on the way." Vance indicates the platters being brought out. "Stay and tell us of where you are from and where you travel to."

"I could not," Tira answers in a frightened voice. "I must be off," she says as she goes back to her table and gear at a near run.

"To bad, another time then." Vance says sadly and then turns to address Lora and the others. "Now we should talk about..." the dashing lord starts to say, but is interupted by the crash of crockery and a shout of "ELF!"

The group as one turns to see the innkeep standing in the doorway, broken dishes at his feet and a finger pointed at Tira.

Crouching down to get her things the young girl had wiped the sweat that was starting to sting her eyes, and knocked her hood down in the process. Motionless she knelt looking at the innkeep, her bright red hair the color of fire and the slight point of an ear visible for all to see. Her emerald eyes sparkle with fear.

[sblock=OOC] Rounded eyes and cheeks tell you she is not a full blooded elf, and red hair and green eyes I have heard that description before? hmm.... where was that? LOL :p

You all are up!! :lol:[/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude was quickly on his feet. "YOU SHALL NOT HARM THAT GIRL!" Claude yells as his eyes scan the people in his range of vision, "Miss Tira is underneath mon protection and because of her being a part of our group this also means that she is under the protection of your lord. So to put it in terms the are easily understandable; harm comes to her harm comes to you, and believe me if you do try I will find you." Claude says as he walks over to Tira, grabbing her by the arm and leading her out of the building. On the way out his eyes were locked on Vance.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is already standing from greeting Tira. So when Claude confronts the innkeeper, his hand immediately goes to his sword. He glances first to Lora, then to Vance, back to Lora and finally to Claude. Taking his hand off his sword and preparing to cast a spell he says "I've got your back Claude."

At this point it occurs to him that he may just have fanned the flames even more. So, applying the full force of his personality he says. "Calm down everyone. Nobody needs to get hurt." He then looks at Lora to see if she wants him to carry on or take over herself.

[sblock=Mechanics]CHA = 18 (+4)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases