Battle at Harkon Manor

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth was lost in thought. While this place was far different from the elven lands he grew up in, it still held a similar air. Here were the common folk, stuck a considerable distance from the nobles, the very people who held their lives and fates. Here, also, were the people he would be fighting to protect. People like his own family. The family he abandoned...

With a disgusted snort, he turns from his ruminations and to the place and task at hand. The young man looks at the others, having only partly heard the talk. He did catch Aidan's outburst of a question, though and looked at the farmboy, eying him with a slight frown. "You're sounding like you've never had to pay for healing. That piddly bit is hardly enough for a strong spell, but might get us a little magic."

Once the serving girl gets back, Jareth brusquely orders the house special, whatever it is, not really caring, with only water to drink. He tries to keep his mind focused on the present as he sits and listens, away from depressing memories of home and family lost, but his mind invariably wanders back, making his face look as though a stormcloud is passing over it.

Theroc

First Post
"You're sounding like you've never had to pay for healing. That piddly bit is hardly enough for a strong spell, but might get us a little magic."

Aidan blinked at the rebuke, frowning. "Yer soundin' like ya never lived in a Peshian farm... we ain't got no clerics... we ain't got no magic... an' I ain't seen this much gold in quite awhile, when Pa sold his prize bull fer some food fer mah sisters..."

Due to the various distractions, Aidan hadn't noticed the cloaked figure until Claude had pointed it out to him. He immediately began keeping an eye on it, one hand shifting on his thigh, ready to reach for his javelins should the person be hostile. Weary from the road, Aidan isn't sure if he can trust anyone besides those directly with them... and strangers eying companions are most certainly not on his most trustworthy list.

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus smiles at Claude as he thanks him. "I know what it feels like to have the nobility trod all over you when all your doing is trying make an honest living." After Claude returns he begins to ask him what the heck just happened but sees hes intently staring down a masked figure in the corner. He leans his chair back and glances at the figure and then brings his attention back to the waitress. "Thank you ma'am." He says as he tilts his chair back down on all fours as he looks at her trying to make eye contact. "I take it he does that alot by your reaction." Obviously referring to the slammed door. "Is everything ok?"

Frozen Messiah

First Post

Due to the various distractions, Aidan hadn't noticed the cloaked figure until Claude had pointed it out to him. He immediately began keeping an eye on it, one hand shifting on his thigh, ready to reach for his javelins should the person be hostile. Weary from the road, Aidan isn't sure if he can trust anyone besides those directly with them... and strangers eying companions are most certainly not on his most trustworthy list.

Now that Aiden was watching and he understood the the person was not evil Claude was now ready to approach the observer. Claude walked over and sat down directly in front of the person and had one hand on his chin holding up his head and the other at the dagger hidden underneath his cloak. Claude just sat there staring down this person trying to pick up any clues saying that they were going for a weapon and just trrying to guage any hostility in the person.

Sunking

First Post
When the stranger walked over to her, tira looks up.
Her face is that of a beutifull women, her eyes looking like a dear who have come to close to the hunter, she gives a quick glanse in the direktion of the woods but the desides to relaxe a bit.
"Hello stranger what brings you to this place, in this time if trouble" she sayes with a voice like honny. "I better start by saying im Tira a traveling hunter" she looks him in the eyes and smiles a little nervous.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora had some grapes and cheese, chewing slowly and looking at Claude talk to an exotic green haired girl. The Wizardress leered her head to the side and instinctively grabbed the smooth shaft of her weapon. "Claude seems to like talking. Maybe he should parley with Lord Valorn when we get to the castle." Lora mused out loud.

"Aidan you haven't been talking much since we set off
- she faced the lad on her side. - you worried about your father? Listen I didn't come here for the money, I promise I'll loan you some of my earnings to help out. Mirella always said that a Wizard earns gold to fund her studies, not the other way around. Plus, I can always sell my paintings some day when i get better at it." Lora smiled - a rare, honest smile revealing her straight white teeth beneath the pink lips. She rummaged trough her backpack and produced the sketch he had drawn when the party had stopped for a rest near the creek. "Still needs colour." she murmured to herself while observing the sheet of paper in her outstretched hand.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Now that the nobles have left, Trinham realises how much this place feels like his own village. Even though it is nothing like it in appearance. Already drowse and feeling at home, Trinham automatically relaxes and is half dozing, letting the other's conversation wash over him. Even the inn keepers bigotry, which he only observes sub-consciously, reminds him of home and Frella setting food on the table doesn't really rouse him.

Suddenly, as Claude walks over to confront a stranger, Trinham becomes fully awake and his hand automatically goes to his weapon.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
When the stranger walked over to her, tira looks up.
Her face is that of a beutifull women, her eyes looking like a dear who have come to close to the hunter, she gives a quick glanse in the direktion of the woods but the desides to relaxe a bit.
"Hello stranger what brings you to this place, in this time if trouble" she sayes with a voice like honny. "I better start by saying im Tira a traveling hunter" she looks him in the eyes and smiles a little nervous.

Claude relaxes and takes his hand away from his dagger and relaxes a little bit but keep s his eyes on Tira. "Tira is it, it is nice to make your aquaintance. So, you were staring at us quite intently, have we become your prey?" Claude says with a little smile both because of his wit and the nervous laugh which ment that he was most defintely in a position to ask questions.

Sunking

First Post
It depends on who you are and why you are here” She says half joking half serious with a twinkle in the eyes, she says awaiting while thinking polite but secretive what are they hiding.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
It depends on who you are and why you are here” She says half joking half serious with a twinkle in the eyes, she says awaiting while thinking polite but secretive what are they hiding.

"So I see I am faced with someone who understands the art of conversation. At this point though I have very little reason to say anything to you because we have came into this establishment and have behaved civily and I myself have had to endure the bigotry of the owner yet no action has been taken to warrant us as dangerous. With this in mind might you be willing to start the information trade?" Claude says as he leans back in his chair with a small smile enjoying the verbal manuvering. It reminded him of when he went hunting with his adopted father, chasing the boar through the woods trying to guide it towards an area where a clear shot can be taken.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases