Battle at Harkon Manor

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora's face darkened at the stupidity she had been served with. The aged Paladin liked the sound of his own voice too much, but his loose tongue had now imposed his own decision to stick up for a stranger on the whole group. Whether he fancied the girl or did it due to some stupid Paladin code of conduct, Lora didn't care. "Damn it Claude! - Lora hissed at the older man. - This girl is not a part of the group and I bear no responsibility for her actions nor the acts she has committed. We just met her - she turned towards Vance and tugged on her ponytail with anger. - Whatever this is we have no part in it. Our mission is to bring news to your brother's ears, as i have said already."

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus drops his spoon back into the dish. The meal barely touched. I can't even enjoy one meal without something going wrong! Pissed at the situation he pushes his chair back and draws his large sword and rests his across the tops of his shoulders gripping it on both sides as if its a yoke. He looks at Lora. "You may not like what Claude has done but were in this now. Let me see if I can take care of this." He takes his sword off his shoulders and stretches his arms back with it and brings it to rest across right shoulder like a pike as he walks in the direction of the barkeep. "Sit down!" He says in a low strong voice. His voice lightens slightly with a raised right brow. "You've already been compensated."

[sblock=ooc]
intimidate check
1d20+5=16
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan's eyes bulged at the events, seeing Claude throw them into an unknown situation unrelated to the task at hand. He doesn't draw a weapon yet, simply watches in confusion.

"Er... When did we... uh... nevermind..." The boy said aloud, looking at Claude in confusion and then to Lora, still seated and eating his food, not wanting to waste his meal. If needbe, he'd hurl his plate of food at someone to free his hands to draw his weapon. After all, why shouldn't he use what he has to?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth froze at the commotion. At least they're not focusing on me now... The young man stands, hand drifting to his chain of its own volition. Jareth realizes this and halts, but keeps his hand just resting on the coiled, barbed length. In the back of his mind, another thought goes through his head, So the girl is of elven blood. No wonder she recognized my family name. Once this is calmed down, I'm going to have a talk with her... The others can't know. Not yet. I can't face that yet.../. He blinks back the slight moisture that starts to overcome his eyes, telling himself of the need to focus on the here and now, not the past and not the future.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] See a little kick of the ant hill and everyone posts, sorry I waited on Sunking, wanted him to help spring his character on you. :) And I gave him the choice to be elven or half-elven. He had something in mind and went 1/2 elf. More on this to unfold.

Now about where you are, FM thinks you are in a building but you are not. You are in what is like a car port with tables and benches under it. (Anyone remember LadyHawk?? Based on that.) So Claude did not "leave" but did walk away from the tables and others but he is still in sight. Alot about to go on so let's have fun, and nobody get thrown in a dungeon plz, LOL :p [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A spy!" Brend exclaims from where he stands. His mace ends up in his hand before the words are out of his mouth.

But before the old wizen can move Claude has seized Tira by the arm and walked her out a little ways to the road infront of the wayhouse.

Onesimus gets the door to the establishment slammed in his face as the barkeep hurriedly runs inside. A loud thunk indicates that a cross bar was dropped in place.

"I am sorry I didn't mean for them to find out..." Tira mumbles through tears. "And Jareth, he is.. he is.." sobs start and what she was trying to say is lost.

Vance answers the young Trinham's words with a smile, and a nod. Brend with a "Hrmph!" and shake of his head like he doesn't like what his master must be thinking. Turning to Lora, Vance listens with a small smile but it is possible it is because of the view not the words. "Miss Lora you must look at all this from my postion, war with the elves to the east, my father killed by Reygurian assassins, and all of you coming from the forest that no normal person strolls through."

"And then you and your companions acting like this," he continues nodding towards Claude and then looking at Aidan. "One overly protective, and another acting as if everything is all right, yet ready to spring at any moment."

[sblock=OOC] Important: I did not get anything wrong in this post LOL, eveything Vance has said is true from his point of few. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora curled her lips and turned towards Claude and then the other men, eying them one by one."Whomever still wants to be part of this group and carry out Martoumum's task lay down your arms and do not make the situation more complicated than it already is. Nobody is attacking anyone here - we are supposed to be on the same side!"

"IDIOTS!" The girl thought, particularly angry at the snobbish Paladin who jumped, sword in hand, at the first opportunity he got.

It took all of Lora's slim supply of self control to turn back and speak calmly to Vance. "I had not been aware that you are battling the Elves, I had thought the situation was tense but up to the point of armed conflict. I am sorry about your father, such is the risk for all high nobility. The Reygirian, although full of himself - she pointed towards Claude with the tip of her glaive, the weapon remaining still in the lass's grip. - is a Paladin and by no means an assassin. I have witnessed the divine energies about him, so i have no doubt to his motive, however rash his actions may be. He is following some personal code or some such, which makes him act like an idiot around women. - Lora smiled faintly at Vance as she said that part. - Even though that Half-Elf over there seems capable of taking care of herself - Lora leered her head to the side, her deep blue eyes drilling a hole trough Claude's skull. - Everyone else is ready to spring up because we have been trough no small amount of peril on our way to your grace."

Lora paused and took a breath, looking at Onesimus and nodding slightly at his sword. "Sannaya help me he better sheathe that cleaver back in the holster." The girl thought and then continued, leaning on her glaive in a non-threatening manner. "We may not look like it but we are part of an army and we were dispatched here as both messengers and military aid. But I cannot say more unless we talk in private."

Theroc

First Post
Listening to Vance's comments, he speaks after he empties most of the food from his mouth to maintain some semblance of decorum.

"Oi, we've been on the road for awhile, so we ain't heard nothin' 'bout 'sassins 're war wit' elves. An' yer complainin' about me bein' ready ta fight if we're attacked? Whaddya want? I've been poisoned by giant spiders, put to sleep by gnolls and chased across a forest by a blinking multiheaded snakebeasty thing! If I wasn't ready for anything, I'd be a bloody fool!"

That said, Aidan went back to his meal, not wanting to waste a morsel if he could help it.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Shh, Miss Tira everything will be all right." Claude says attempting to comfort her as best he can, "I will not let any harm befall you and do not worry about Miss Lora, she doesn't take very well to sudden changes and scenarios which are outside her control. Stay in eye sight Miss Tira because I wish to go back and explain, do not worry they will not harm you while you are this near."

Claude turns around and walks back to the group as he walks in and hears Vance talk about his fathers death. "I apologize greatly on behalf of my nation, our...profession of choice does make diplomacy difficult for those who do not follow that path. I hope that I may allow you to see us in a different light. If I would have known than I would have made my intentions clear, I apoogize." Claude says shaking his head from the shame of his country that he has felt through his entire life.

"Now Miss Lora, I apologize for the suddeness of this desicion but I do not apologize for my actions. I drew no weapon and causesd no harm therefore I feel no guilt fore that action." As Claude spoke he understood that Lora was not going to take this well but he knew he had to go through with it anyways, "I threw us into no situation that we would have already have gotten into because if Miss Tira were in trouble many of us would want to help, that is our nature. I took the situation away, maybe in not the perfect form but I did it without bloodshed." Claude pauses and takes a large breath before continuting due to his understanding that truth hurts but it coming from your own mouth hurts even more. "Miss lora, I understand that I may have acted rashly but I have reason to. Do you believe that I, being a Reygurian, did not go through these same scenarios. I have had multiple encounters with people who judge me" When he says this he lifts up his shirt slightly to show a long scar running across his stomach, "This was from a dagger that was pulled on me in a similar establishment, so don't think I act stupidly with out reason to because I have more than enough reason to see the signs and act apropriately, Miss Lora."

Myth and Legend

First Post
"Now is not the time to argue Claude." - Lora pouted at the older Paladin. She hated the notion of loosing her control over the group in front of Vance. The girl realized her own vanity with embarrassment, but she also knew she was right. She was right most of the time, experience had proven so.

"I can't have my men jump at every opportunity to stand up for a stranger because they had bad experiences before. My life was no picnic when I was younger but sometimes bad things happen to good people and there's nothing to be done about it!"
- Lora exclaimed that last part with flushed cheeks and anger seeping trough her voice, and realized she was getting affected over the matter of her own misfortune in years past, so she attempted to calm herself to the best of her abilities. The girl threw a sideways glance at Vance but she had to assume control and strike while the iron is hot, least she lost the group to chaos and whims.

"I know you are all good people, or you at least like to think you are, but we can't defend everyone we meet. What if this Half-Elf was a thief?
- Lora pointed towards Tira with her delicate hand. - Or an assassin? Or an arsonist? Would we have to stick up for her then? Or would you take on the role of arbiter as well as defender every time something like this happens? What if she was not a pretty young thing but a bull sized man? Would you think him a victim, or would you discriminate because you assume that women are less capable of defending themselves than men are?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases