Battle at Harkon Manor

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham wakes suddenly from a deep sleep and finds himself in a strange bed. He briefly wonders where he is before his memory comes flooding back. Sitting up and rubbing sleep from his eyes, he sees an attractive young girl, about his own age, in a maid's outfit. She is standing at the foot of his bed with her eyes on the floor. Noticing that he is awake she looks up and shyly says "Good morning mi lord. I was told to wake you and tell you to join your companions for breakfast. They are already eating. Trinham smilies at her sweetly and says "And a very good morning to you. Firstly, I am not a lord, just a simple soldier. You can call me Trinham. What is your name, if you don't mind me asking." "Alice sir, eh Trinham." She says, blushing furiously, she continues "Look, there's hot water in the jug. I'll wait outside until your washed and dressed, then I'll take you to your friends." "Companions certainly, friends I am not that sure about." he mutters to her disappearing back.

Several minutes later, washed and dressed; Trinham, accompanied by Mogins ("come on Mogins breakfast and no side trips this time. I'm serious.), leaves his room and follows Alice to where the others are eating breakfast. Having slept late, Trinham is the last to arrive, except for Aidan who is nowhere to be seen.

Helping himself, and Mogins, to a generous breakfast, it becomes obvious to Trinham that it will be impossible for him to take privately with the others. Then, even before he has had chance to finish his breakfast, Aiden is found to be missing and chaos reigns as a search of the manor is organised. Throwing his remaining egg and a couple of slices of bacon between two hunks of bread, Trinham finishes up his breakfast while fruitlessly searching.

Much later. Someone suggested searching outside of the manor and Vance suggests a ride out. Trinham's face turns pale and he literally start to shake violently; which with a man as fat as Trinham is not a pretty sight. Almost in a whisper and with a very shaky voice Trinham, having completely forgotten his manners, says "Ride. Do you mean on a horse? Then is it alright if I stay here? I still have not recovered from the spider bite. Anyway. I don't know how to ride a horse. In fact I was bitten by a horse when I was a child. In fact my father was trampled to death by a horse. His father was also, trampled to death. Thinking about it, all my relations have be trampled to death." Trinham carries on like this for another minute or so, with each excuse being more implausible that the last, his voice sounding more and more panicky before he finally starts to hyperventilate and has to stop gibbering.

When Vance insists that Trinham will accompany the others, he reluctantly follows them out to the stable, still shaking slightly, just not as bad as he was originally. Resigned to having to ride a horse and impressed by Claud's obvious proficiency with the beasts, Trinham asks his help. "Claud, I have never ridden before in my life. Can you help me select a docile mount, which won't throw my off."

[sblock=OOC]Trinham should have recovered another point of DEX overnight, bringing him to 5. This gives him a ride check of -3.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Smiling at Trinham's triad of excuses Vance chuckles with mirth, "The battle with the ettercap, I had not forgotten what Miss Lora told us about your journey. Brend are you prepared?"

"Yes mi'lord," The old priest says walking over to Trinham. "If you will allow it I should be able to help you." Reaching out to touch Trinham's shoulder the young battle sorcerer feels like he is dunked in an icy river. The cold comes on quickly and with teeth chattering he tries to recover quickly from the spell. But just as quickly the spell subsides and leaves Trinham feeling warm and a little more agile.

"There the best I can do today, I think you should be able to ride." Brend says turning to go and mpount his own horse.

Answering Lora Vance shakes his head and says, "No circles and the only clergy man here at Harkon is Brend."

[sblock=OOC] Lesser Restoration (twice)= +5 more points to DEX, gives you a 10 and no modifier

Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude was tired, not a tired that made him clumsy and forgetful but one that hardened him to what was needed to be done today. This tiredness stems from his dreams the day before. Once he was brought to his quarters he preapred himself for bed. He knelt down in silent prayer before he slept, as he does everyday before resting.

He thought of the journeying that the group had been doing and all that had been accopmlished and the small things that never ended to surprise him about his fellows. After this prayer he got up and stood by the window and looked out upon the gardens and fountains of the courtyard. It made him remeber his past but he shook his head and went to his bed.

Sleep took him quickly and he was soon dreaming of a mist covered place that is both familiar and unfamiliar. As he stood in the fog he could hear the rumble of a horse on fresh grass and somehow he could feel as if he was riding. The wind parting over his face, the morning dew that still floats in the air hitting his body and face make him wet, the hypnotic pattern of the horses heartbeat that carried him and made him feel as if they are intertwined. Soon he is greeted by his fathers voice, it spoke to Claude of patience, respect of the enemy but hatred of his intent, and not to act quickly due to emotions but to take intiative when there is no other options available. The voice finally finished by telling him a name that he will use when he needs to.

Claude woke up after the name was said kneeling in the courtyard as if in prayer. His eyes burnt with tears and sweat and his body ached as it had before when his father had visted him before. He quickly went back to his room and sat in his bed, not wanting to sleep at that moment because he had far to much energy and he could see that the sun had begun cresting the horizon.

Due to his being awake so early he was the first person down to breakfast and as such was able to tae his time eating. Lora came down and wearing the atire of a noble, something that surprised him. It was obvious that she was pleased with the rooming and there seemed to be an ease about her. This was also when he became knowledgable, as everyone else did, of Trinham's dislike of horses. "At ease mon ami, je voudrai aide avec tout que je susi capable de faire." Claude says as he realizes he is speaking more Reygurian than he intended "I apologize for my use of my countries tongue, all that I said was I will help you Trinham."

They soon made they're way to the stables, the smell of them brought back many memories of his working in them. It was not unpleaseant but more tedious. Claude looked upon his horse which was a dark brown and heavily muscled, a horse that was bred to be strong and disciplined. He move to it's side and patted it's side and it did little more than breath out in recognition. "Trinham, my horse is calm and most likely will do most of the riding for you, it is intellegent to it's rider and you would do well to think of it instead of a beast as a partner. With that in mind you will most likely loose you fear of horses within the saddle of this one. I will ride beside you to give pointers though." Claude moves over to takes the horse that was meant for Trinham's reins and begins to guide it back to the stables as he knows how to do instinctively.

He walked into the stable and gave the horse to the stable boy and began walked along the horses stalls to attempt to find a horse to replace the one that he gave to Trinham. He walks along and looks every horse in the eye. A few grunt at him and shake their head he passes over these immediately, others turn they're head these he passes over also. He comes to a painted stallion that meets his stare and holds it. "You have spirit about you, you will be my horse. We will be a team and to work together we must know each other, mon nom est Claude Francois Grignard and yours will be Tobias. I will care for you and tu vont aider moi, comprend?" Caude says as he rests his han on it's brow while he listens to it's breath and then he notices something. The horse has a scar on it's stomach and this makes Claude chuckle slightly to himself, "Yes, you are indeed my horse."

Dragonwriter

First Post
These surroundings were… uncomfortable. Jareth had never cared much for the courtly life his father dealt with, and this place only reminded him of the same. Flowery speech meaning nothing, stifling atmosphere, ridiculous clothes; all of it made the young man sick to his stomach.

Still, such thoughts couldn’t stop him from taking advantage of a proper bed. It had been… what, weeks? So long since he got the letter, the ring, the rage. So long since he signed up for the “irregulars.” So long to have been wasting his time! The walls around his room are thick, thankfully, so no one hears the sound of his tormented dreams, dreams of family slain and displayed like trophies, dreams of him tearing a bloody swath through the hordes of faceless, pointy-eared enemies, dreams of him becoming just as vicious as them… No, not dreams… Nightmares.

In the morning, he wakes in a sweat, face pale and eyes haunted. The dreams are wiped from his conscious mind, but linger beneath the surface still. He slowly dresses himself in plain clothes, not giving one whit about the available outfits. He is somewhat late to breakfast, having only regained a slight amount of composure. Despite the food being well-prepared, the young man just isn’t hungry. He eats enough to stave off a growing headache, but no more.

The disappearance of Aidan gives him something else to think about, if only for a moment. Stupid farm boy got himself lost in the manor. Figures… Helping with the search occupies his attention for some time, at least. Time not to think about his family, about his bastard half-sister…

When the search turns up fruitless, he retires to his room, to try to get more restful sleep than he did last night. Then he sees her standing in front of his door. With a sneer and a glare, he growls out, “What do you want?”

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus felt right at home in the army barracks and sleeping was not an issue. He awakes refreshed and ready to meet back up with the group. After enjoying a hot meal he wanders about the manner. He remains silent most of the morning. He studies and watches all the men-at-arms and soldiers around the manor. Learning as much of the military jargon as he can without getting in the way. He tries to pick up ranks, military customs and the moral level of the men.

After meeting up with the group he was excited to see his horse. It had been a long time since he had ridden. Never the strongest rider but not a stranger to them. He never actually had one he could call his own. He walks up and runs the palm of his hand up from the horses nose to just below the horses eyes and brings his other hand around and rests it on the side of the horses spotted white and black neck. He closes his eyes and listens and feels for the horses strong heart beat and smooth breathing that rushes beside his head. He takes a few moments before turning to Vance with a childish smiles and nods. Then to Lora.

"Ready when you are Miss Lora." He says in a very warm tone as he turns back to pet his horse.

ghostcat

First Post
After the priest has cast his spell, Trinham feels a lot better. He can tell that he is not yet fully recovered but at least he no longer feels he is about to fall over. Bowing, properly this time, to Vance he says "Thank you my lord. Thank you as well, Father. Also my apologies for my panicking just now."

Replying to Claude's offer of help, Trinham says "Its not that I'm afraid of horses, its just that I have never had anything to do with them. That and the fact that I could hardly stand never mind sit on something so far off the ground made me panic. Now the good father has healed me, I am feeling a lot more confident. I will still need help though as I don't know the first thing about riding.

As Claude had gone off without helping Trinham mount. He stands holding the reigns, self-consciously trying to make friends with the horse.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude walks back with the reins of his new horse in hand and walks up to the group. He sees Trinham in the state that he is in, "My apologize Trinham, I will help you now with your horse." Claude gives Trinham a boost into the saddle and then mounts his own. He begins to go through some of the basics fo riding before they move out.

[sblock]
Using aid another on Trinhams ride checks
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"So everyone is ready then?" Vance asks from atop his dark brown steed. "Good, Robert at a walk to start," he says to the man in hunter's leathers that will be leading the group to the Treylor camp.

Also with the group is the man Kase that the party saw briefly the day before. The eight of you leave the villiage and work up to a trot and then gallop as everyone becomes more comfortable with their mounts. After a couple of miles galloping Vance brings the group to a halt and orders a dismount to walk the horse the next mile or two.

With Kase and Robert in the lead out ahead of the group Vance and Lora walk side by side their hirses between them, and the others in a line behind the two.

Speaking loudly enough for everyone to hear Vance asks, "Do you think we should try and track down the hydra after we see these Treylor? There are eight of us and it has only four heads left, good odds I'd say." he says with a chuckle.

"Jareth, I.. I," Tira starts to say but stops before the I'm sorry comes out again. "I want to talk," she says "about our father, I never knew him and mother wouldn't speak of what happened. I heard from others..." she stops noticing the heat in Jareth's eyes.

ghostcat

First Post
Mounting his horse, Trinham thanks Claude profusely for the help and advice. Following the others, he finds that Claude was right in that the horse did almost handle itself. In fact he is just starting to get the hang of riding and actual being able to spare part of his some concentration for looking around, when Vance orders a gallop. At this stage things go down hill rapidly for Trinham, who ends up hanging on for dear life, legs and elbows flapping widely. Finally the ordeal is over and Vance orders everybody to dismount and walk, much to Trinham's relief. Not waiting for Claude's assistant, he rapidly dismounts almost falling in the process.

Although he keeps quiet and leaves the actual decision to Lora, Trinham would much prefer to face the Hydra again, rather than have to endure another gallop.

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus swings himself up into his saddle. It has been to long, he thought to himself. It took a bit of time but as the ride progressed so his confidence grew. He held his position in the formation and watched Vance to see how a real military leader leads an expedition. He happily dismounts when told so he can give his back a rest from the saddle. He listens to Vances comment and wonders... is he serious? Ill just keep my mouth shut and let Lora answer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases