Battle at Harkon Manor

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=DW] Going to sblock the conversation and put it in seperate posts also.

Tira enters the room quietly and stands near the fireplace, her head held down as she draws a deep breath.

"I am a Glade Guard, and my mission here was to find out about the war between the humans and the other elves the Treylor. I did not know they were on their way here," she sits on a small chair and continues.

"Before I crossed the river I was at Farshaw and there I saw a half elf in chains being led to a prisoner cart. I asked about and learned his name and where he came from, it is one of the reasons I came to Harkon Manor. I also learned what he had done why he was a prisoner. He is like me and I wanted to help." [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Robert guiding his mount draws his horsebow, putting an arrow to it quickly. Then he puts the horse to a gallop as he tries to circle round the enemy. Claude rides up next to Lora offering her advice but the young wizardress looks to be readying a spell.

Vance draws his blade and turns his mount to face the closest enemy. "Charge my brave knights, CHARGE!" his cry rallying others to his cause. Brend whispers an ancient pray and a divine light burst from the priest engulfing everyone, before he joins Vance's side.

Trinham jumps gently down from his horse bumping into Claudes as he does so. Another flash of light and Lora changes postions with Kase who was slowly getting up. Onesimus grabs the reins of her steed as Kase looks around dazed by what had just happened to him.

The knight feeling a horse under him again acts on insticts and with a "Haw!" the horse burst free of Onesimus grip and Kase guides the animal towards the fight.

The bowman shocked by the sudden attack, fire and flee at the knights. Most of the shots going wide. From the forest arrows fly towards the others that didn't charge. Onesimus noticing a couple hitting the ground near him.

[sblock=Rolls]
random rolls for various things
NPC group INIT (20)
ambushers INIT (2)
Strength check Onesimus(5)
Strength check Lora's horse(13)
ride check to avoid horse being hit(12)
randomize who gets shot at = Lora(15)
randomize who gets shot at = Onesimus(20)
randomize who gets shot at = Onesimus(19)
Vance's AoO vs. fleeing bowman = hit dmg = 9 (16)
unused(16)
attacks from all bowman all misses [/sblock]

[sblock=INIT]
Everyone currently effected by bless spell.
Robert 23
Claude 21a
Vance 21b
Brend 20
Trinham 10
Lora 8a
Onesimus 8b
Kase 8c
Elves 5 [/sblock]

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lXlalblcldlelflhlilklmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwlxlzl1l[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lBl l l l l[COLOR=lime]b[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=red]b[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lCl l l[COLOR=lime]b[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lDl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lFl l l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]V[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=sienna]R[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lGl l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]K[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=sienna]B[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lHl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lJl l l l l l[COLOR=darkorchid]T[/COLOR]l l l l[COLOR=mediumturquoise]L[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=yellowgreen]h[/COLOR]l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lKl l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]C[/COLOR]l[COLOR=sienna]O[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lLl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]

Key:
l l = 10' square green equals forest
b = bowman
b = wounded bowman
h = lose horse
brown character = mounted
blue = dismounted character no horse in square
purple = dismounted character horse maybe used as cover

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Loreen Winmer - round 2

Lora blinked - so the knight had been knocked off his horse, but not grievously wounded. In that case, her spell had served to get him back into the fray faster, rather than help save his life.

Vance was charging ahead blindly like an idiot... man! That was probably because he was an idiot man. Quite a handsome idiot, heroic even, with his sword raised high and that cape waving behind him. But still an idiot.

Unfortunately Lora could not warn him that this ambush had probably been set up beforehand, and that there could be pit traps or caltorps littered about, both enough to cripple his mount and have him lying face-first on the ground. And that a nobleman should not risk his life fighting rabble on their own terms nevertheless.

"We aid Valorn! Watch out for traps, but move out of the range of those bastards in the forest!"
Lora shouted at her group, as she ran towards the battle, forsaking horseback.

"What kind of weapons are they using?" Lora thought with frustration - she was a little over a hundred feet away from the tree line, that was about the maximum range of a Longbow. She knew - she had been a decent archer back when she had trained with the militia in her home town.

As the girl reached a spot some thirty feet from the thee bowmen that were currently occupied with Vance and friends, Lora reached in her spell component pouch and produced a pinch of black iron dust. She spat on her finger and placed a black smudge-like dot on her forehead, between her eyes. "Ogroma!" she shouted, and suddenly burst in size, towering amongst even the mounted men up ahead.

[sblock]Sooo.. a Composite Longbow has 110 ft. range, a Heavy Repeating Crossbow has 120 ft. range. We should move out of their range this round, if they are using conventional Martial Weapons (Lora is only proficient with Simple/Martial hence her deduction) Actions:

Casts Enlarge Person. Note: Lora's glaive now deals 2d8 dmg and has a reach of 20 feet.

Sets Dodge bonus vs whichever archer she can see has the best line of sight towards her now Large form.
AC: 10 (11), HP: 15

0 level: Daze, Resistance, Message, Dancing Lights
1 level: Enlarge Person, Sleep, Benign Transposition
1 level: Glitterdust, Cloud of Bewilderment

Enlarge Person 30/30 rounds. [/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Merde, mon dieu Trinham que ce que tu fait?" Claude says as he halts the horse beside the sorcerer. Claude then looks out at the group that is charging the bowman and looks over at Trinham. "Trinham est ce que...can you cast from horseback? If you can than we may be able to aid Miss Lora, so can you?" Claude askes in an impatient tone as he watches the battle begin.

[sblock= If Trinham says yes]
"Tres bon." Claude says as he grabs Trinham and brings him up on to Tobias not waiting for permission. He moves towards the archers. "Je suis desolie, Miss Lora, but I can't let you go into battle with out back up. Oh, I am going to hear about this afterwards" He says smiling as he spurs Tobias towards the battle.
[/sblock]

[sblock= If Trinham says no]
"Sais pas une problem, get out of range of the arrows Trinham. If there is any spells that you may be able to cast to aid us from a distance that would be much appreciated." Claude says quickly speeding away on Tobias towards the combat. "A BATAILLE" Claude yells as he knocks an arrow and fires at the already wounded bowman.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move to Ge
Attack/Damage= 1d20+1=13, 1d6=4
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham Wood - Round 2

Given his current distaste for riding, Trinham decides to be economical with the truth in answering Claude. "Having to concentrate on staying on the horse would probably ruin the spell." he says "Perhaps if I could ride properly. But yes I can help with long range spells.

Knowing that elves can't be effected by Sleep, Trinham decides to Magic Missile the wounded bowman and his neighbour. Moving his horse so that it provides covers from the visible bowman, he leans round the front of his horse, pointing his finger at his target, muttering a single arcane word, "Flecha". Twin balls of light streak from his finger striking two of the bowmen.

[sblock="Mechanics"]Cast Magic Missile at the two right-hand bowmen (1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=2)[/sblock]
[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile, Sleep[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus grips the reigns tighter as he sees the arrows coming down around him. "Stay away from the forest... easy enough." He thinks to himself. He sees Vance's men charging the men in the open and the rest of his party rallying around Lora. He snaps down on the reigns and starts out after the bowman in the open field, the one furthest from the forest.

[sblock=actions]
full round move action to the bowman furthest to the north-west corner. stop 10 feet (one square). dismount if possible this round
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM/Tira]
Jareth unhooks his chain from his belt loop and lays it over the arm of a chair before flopping unceremoniously down himself. He rubs his eyes as she talks, letting her finish. He flatly says, “Do you know where Tharivol is now? Is it possible we could get to wherever this mock-trial will be held?” The young man pauses, only now registering another portion of what she said. With a curious, albeit skeptical, look in his eye, he asks, “You said it was part of why you came to Harkon… What’s the rest?”
[sblock=OOC]
Sounds good to me. I thought it might mess with the flow if we had these RP posts out there in front in addition to the combat. Sblocks are a good way of keeping things moving.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End Round 2

Robert takes a shot as he starts to get in behind the bowmen. As the elf watches the warrior approach he dodges the missile. But Claude's arrow catches the scout in the backshoulder. (Only minus four if your mount double moves.)

Vance noticing that the bowman ahead is being handled turns his spearpoint formation towards the remaining two. Charging between both and swing his sword in a practice motion he clips one of the bowmen and continues forward. Kase and Brend follow their lord and the elves scatter out of the way. Kase's elf ducks around his horse (sees Onesimus coming) and bolts towards the forest. Meanwhile the elf Brend faces takes a bolt of Magical energy to the midsection from Trinham, opening him to a soild "thunk" from Brend's mace. The elf scout drops down like a stone. The last elf takes a second magical missile and joins his fleeing companion even out distancing him.

As Vance and the others attacked Lora moved in closer to help, she casts a spell and grows several feet in height. Her new found fantage point let's her see the elves as they are turning to flee and she watches as they hurry away. She notices something strange above them, black lines drawn in the sky. No not lines arrows! And coming right at her.

With nowhere to hide and to big to dodge Lora gasps in pain as one arrow sinks into her thigh, and another clips her across the shoulder. From the forest comes more arrows as the elves try and cover thier brethrens escape.

[sblock=Rolls]
randoms for DM use
Ride check for Robert = (12)
Robert's attack = (3) miss
Claude's ride check = (17)
Vance's ride check = (13)
Vance's Ride by Attack = (20) hit
Vance's roll to confirm crit = (9) no crit dmg = 6
AoO vs Brend = (11) miss
Brend's attack vs wounded elf = (14) hit dmg = 9
AoO vs Kase = (13) miss
Overrun Strength check/horse = (12)
opposed overrun check = 23
Attacks vs Lora = 2 hits, dmg = 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=INIT]
Everyone currently effected by bless spell.
Robert 23
Claude 21a
Vance 21b
Brend 20
Trinham 10
Lora 8a
Onesimus 8b
Kase 8c
Elves 5 [/sblock]

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lXlalblcldlelflhlilklmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwlxlzl1l[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lAl l l[COLOR=sienna]V[/COLOR]l l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]R[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lBl l l l l[COLOR=sienna]B[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=red]b[/COLOR]l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lCl l l[COLOR=sienna]K[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=lime]b[/COLOR]l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lDl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lEl l l[COLOR=sienna]O[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lFl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lGl l l l l[COLOR=sienna]C[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=cyan]L[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lHl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lJl l l l l l[COLOR=darkorchid]T[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lKl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=yellowgreen]h[/COLOR]l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lLl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]

Key:
l l = 10' square green equals forest
b = bowman
b = wounded bowman
h = lose horse
brown character = mounted
blue = dismounted character no horse in square
purple = dismounted character horse maybe used as cover[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] Looking nervous Tira bites her lip before continuing, "I and others of the guard are in the human lands looking for evidence that they are a threat to the Nandirly." She sees Jareth's stern look and says quickly. "We were ordered to come and bring back proof that we should have no more dealings with your race. But some of us believe that this would be a mistake that we could become more if we were to learn more about humans."

Jareth can tell their is one praticular human Tira wishes to know about, his their father. He watches as she becomes more confident as she speaks, as if she needed someone to trust, to tell all this to.

"So I voulnteered to come," she says proudly. "Not knowing what I would find. And I heard rumors of the humans going to war with the elves and at first I thought that meant the Nandirly. That was until you and your friends came to Harkon. And Harkon is also where I hoped to find a way to save Tharivol, maybe the proof you are not a threat and are fighting against the Treylor could be enough." [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham Wood - Round 3

Trinham sees the immediate foe bested, although there are still enemy troops in the woods, as shown by the arrows which hit Lora.

Trinham carefully checks the woods but cannot see anything. So decides that his best course of action is to eliminate the escaping elves. However, before casting his spell he turns so that his horse is now protecting him from the woods. Only then does he again lean round the front of his horse, point his finger at his targets and utter a single arcane word, "Flecha". Again, twin balls of light streak from his finger striking the fleeing bowmen.

[sblock="Mechanics"]Cast Magic Missiles at two fleeing elves. (1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=3). Range is 130' so both elves should still be in range.[/sblock]
[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile, Sleep[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases