Battle at Harkon Manor

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM/Tira]
Jareth frowns again, but has neither the strength nor inclination to grumble at the moment. After last night’s mental horrors and now this information, he’s becoming more and more drained. He sighs as she mentions his own place as possible proof. “I doubt they would listen to me, as it was, in their eyes, my father who damaged human-elven relations. Your people have been… less than helpful or talkative lately. But you still haven’t answered just where are they taking Tharivol? Even if they accept my hatred for the Treylor as proof, it won’t do any good if we don’t get to Tharivol’s mock trial in time.”
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] Trying hard to keep her tears back Tira wipes her eyes before replying. "I think they would take him to Tirol. If they follow tradition they will wait till the full moon. That's in less than three weeks."

Suddenly Tira gasps, "Your not thinking of taking him away from the elves? Of rescuing him!" [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM/Tira]
Jareth’s eyebrow rises as his face immediately goes to an expression of what the-? and he stands. He shakes his head solemnly as he plainly states, “Rescue, yes, but in a different sense. I’m angry, not insane. If we could reach Tirol before the full moon, I could help defend him. I’m not a very eloquent speaker, but if I could prove he taught me for the best, that it can improve relations between our races, I need to do it.”

Jareth casually picks up his chain, studying it with a melancholy look on his face. He remembers the training, how it ended not three years ago, and how long he had trained before that. Maybe if he could prove his loyalty to these lands, and his skill as a duskblade, Tharivol could be saved…
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora's eyes had been fixated on the nearest enemy, finally recognizing them as Elves and thus being Treylor troops OR some of Tira's kin. It was then that she felt the searing pain bite in her thigh - a viscous arrow had stuck itself in the soft flesh of the seventeen year old girl's leg, piercing her smooth pale skin and drenching her white dress with fresh blood.

The wound was deep, and very dangerous - there was an artery there, at least that was what Lora could remember now from Mirella's teachings. The pain throbbed with her heartbeat and Lora dropped down, feeling a slight sting coming from her shoulder - easily overlooked in light of the piece of wood stuck in her leg.

Lora hissed sharply and did what her instinct dictated - she released her spell, returning back to her original size, and ducked in the high grass. The girl then reached in her spell component pouch with a trembling, blood-soaked hand, and produced a small quail egg, several months past expiration at least. She threw it at the grass, somewhere between her and the unseen archers in the forest, gasping out "Mucera nox!" trough her teeth. "Who teaches these Nobles battle tactics, am i the only sane person here?!"

"DAMN YOU VANCE AND YOUR CHARGE! WE ARE IN AN AMBUSH AND SHOULD RETREAT, NOT FIGHT THEM ON THEIR TERMS *gasp* YOU IDIOT!"

Lora shouted as she gripped the wound, hoping the tip of the arrow did not pierce the arterial wall. If it did, Lora would have about five minutes before her blood soiled the grass and she fell unconscious. Her hope was that the Harkon men would turn back and allow Lora and her own group to retreat with dignity. She would not risk her men's honor in a premature retreat.

[sblock]She releases Enlarge Person (a free action if i remember correctly from the suitor encounter)

Lora then casts Cloud of Bewilderment so that it provides concealment from the line of sight of those in the forest, and drops among the grass for more concealment should she be still in someone's sight because of the limited range of the spell (10ft. cube). Lol she's cursing at nobles now :D

But Lora doesn't have battle smarts - she has only ever read books and trained with the militia. I imagine she has read the equivalent of Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" which I myself have read, and thus know it's folly to fight on the enemy's terms. And now these Elves have us exactly where they want us, which is why she gave the order to retreat at first (which of course, valiant Vance ignored). I'm not sure if Lora can get away with a mock imitation of his "charge my noble Knights" later on (assuming she survives of course).

Which reminds me, what happened to those potions we found? I know Lora has the scrolls, and plan on using one next round.

AC: 12(13), HP: 2/15

0 level: Daze, Resistance, Message, Dancing Lights
1 level: Enlarge Person, Sleep, Benign Transposition
1 level: Glitterdust, Cloud of Bewilderment
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude reacts to Lora's yelling and cursing at the nobels, which he agreed did not understand tactics and should fall back, as he moves over to her and get's off of the horse. "Je voudrai aidez, I will heal the wound as best as I can but it is deep so I do not believe that I can cure it entirely." Claude says calmly slowly placing his hand on the wound and then closes his eyes. He remebers the feeling of the energy that flowed through him in his dream and he can feel that same energy. It surges into his hand and then is released into Lora's leg in the form of a subtle green light. He takes his hand away and when he stands he wavers slightly due to the spent energy.

[sblock=actions]
used all 9 points of Lay on Hands
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Robert circles back around to the other side of Vance, his horse breathing heavy from the quick sprint. As Claude dismounts and administers aid to Lora, Vance and Brend come galloping over, Onesimus falling into place along side Kase behind them.

The young lord takes a quick look at Lora lying in the grass, her white smooth leg partly exposed, and quickly stands in front of her his shield held up. "Lord Gringard take her and the others quickly away we will cover our withdrawl." he says Brend and Kase joining him in forming a small shield wall.

Lora starts to berate the knights for thier poor form and she can tell it was having small success from the hunching shoulders. Casting her spell she waits for help standing on the healed but still throbbing leg.

Fewer arrows fall amongst the group and those that do are easily deflect by the knight's defense. Trinham sends a hurling magical bolt against the fleeing scouts, and the wounded elf arches his back stopping as the painful missile takes him in the back. Falling the elf doesn't get up as his companion runs by him into the cover of the forest.

"I am sorry to have put you in danger Miss Lora it was never my intent," Vance says standing with his shield held high. "Pray forgive thee milady." he says with a crooked grin. "But for now can you mount up and ride?"

[sblock=actions]
Vance,Brend, Kase all use total defense to protect withdrawal. Robert readies an action. Onesimus is shocked that Lora was hit by the arrows, and that he can see her leg. Elf flees into forest, other hits neg hp, only had one left :p)

Kase's horse wandered off and is to close to forest, who is Lora saddling up with ?[/sblock]

[sblock=INIT]
Everyone currently effected by bless spell.
Robert 23
Claude 21a
Vance 21b
Brend 20
Trinham 10
Lora 8a
Onesimus 8b
Kase 8c
Elves 5 [/sblock]

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lXlalblcldlelflhlilklmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwlxlzl1l[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lBl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lCl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lDl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lEl l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]R[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lFl l l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]O[/COLOR]l[COLOR=sienna]K[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lGl l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]C[/COLOR]l[COLOR=cyan]L[/COLOR]l[COLOR=sienna]V[/COLOR][COLOR=black]l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lHl l l l l l l l[COLOR=sienna]B[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lJl l l l l l[COLOR=darkorchid]T[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[U][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]lKl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U]lLl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l [COLOR=seagreen]l l l l[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]

Key:
l l = 10' square green equals forest, black = CoB spell area
brown character = mounted
blue = dismounted character no horse in square
purple = dismounted character horse maybe used as cover

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] Looking a bit uneasy Tira says, "Jareth if you went into the elven lands we would need to sneak all the way to Tirol. And elves are a hundred times more observant than humans a simple hood up wouldn't be enough."

Biting her lip she looks to stop herself from saying something. Jareth gives her a frown and she says quickly, "I could help, if you give me a couple days I could get everything we would need to get through to help Tharivol." [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham Woods - Round 3

Trinham is quite pleased with his contribution to the fight. At least he has shown Vance that you don't need to charge in head-first without thinking. Not that he thinks Vance will have noticed, he is obviously too distraught by Lora's minor scratch. Thinking of Vance and Lora, Trinham decides he needs to reassess his opinion of him. It is now apparent that he doesn't keep all of his brains in his pants, he also seems to keeps some of them in his scabbard. And Lora. Although he didn't particularly like her, he did think she had a find grasp of strategy and tactics, so what was she doing making herself a prime target in the middle of an ambush. Even he knew better than that.

Although the preceding thoughts had only taken a couple of seconds, Trinham mentally berates himself for wool-gathering and pulls himself back together. Taking a final look round before mounting his thrice-damned horse, Trinham spots something that Lora would have gone spare over. As the girl is currently otherwise occupied, he decides to take matters into his own hands. Bearly managing to bite back a sarcastic comment, his usual jovial self re-asserts itself and he shouts. "Excuse me gentlemen. you shouldn't cluster like that. Your making yourselves a nice target for all manner of nasty spells." Finally mounting his horse, he slowly walks west, away from the woods. Waiting for the others to catch up. Meanwhile the spot between his shoulder blades is itching.

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=HM/Tira]
Jareth pauses for a moment, a finger to his lips in thought. “Given the already-strained relationship between humans and elves, could you take me as a, so to speak, willing prisoner? I would surrender my chain, my only weapon, and you could lead me through elven lands. I’d rather not damage more human-elven diplomacy by sneaking through the country. It would be better, I would think, if I go openly, without hostility. It might help the image of humans…”

Jareth stops, frowns and bites his finger for a second. “Gods, I hate asking you, of all people, for help!”

He stops himself, a stunned look on his face. It quickly covers the distance to shame, as his face falls and eyes droop. He takes a deep breath, letting it out with a barely-audible, “I’m sorry…”
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jareth] Tira smiles cringes at the outburst, and smiles nodding her head at the apology. "I wish we could walk through, but if the wrong people saw you it would not matter and they would kill you on sight. They would say it was for the good of all, or some nonsense."

She looks to the window which looks out towards the river and the elven lands on the other side. "Jareth I was fourteen the first and only time I saw our father." Hurring before he can cut her off she says, "I was brought before the council and shown as proof that if given leave to enter elven lands humans would do whatever they wished. That the elven blood of the Nandirly would die away replaced by that of half-breeds and humans. Those elves are still out there and they believe that people like you and me should not be allowed life."

"If we make it to Toril the council will give us a chance to speak it is the law, but we have top get there." [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases