Battle at Harkon Manor - Page 3




+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 494
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Frozen Messiah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    678

    ø Ignore Frozen Messiah
    Calude has been quiet for much of the time. He has not been craving the day where he will come back to a manor house and will then be reminded of why he took up the calling of the paladin. The reminder of the name of his former lord causes him to sour and grow even more quiet as he let Lora take most of the questions. As he sat and reflected on the nature of his upbringing he listened to the nobels speak to other members of the group he shakes his head. {If he believes that Miss Lora will be swayed that easily than he will have to rethink his position. This will be a good lesson for him, not everything is within reach and you must choose your battles wisely} Claude thought to himself as he watched the young nobel speak to Lora.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myth and Legend View Post
    I did restrain myself, I would not risk upsetting the delicate ears of a noble and having us fail the mission. He doesn't seem like a bad person, this Lord Vance, but i have my reasons for... Anyway, Claude - she threw a quick glance at the older Paladin with her dark blue eyes. - you are of noble birth? If so, don't take offense."
    "Yes and no, Miss Lora. I lived most of my life within the house of a nobel and was trained in the art of a nobel but I am nobel only by name. I was adopted by the Lord Jean Thomas Grignard in my home town. I was the son of Joseph Legault, a well known mercenary leader in Reygur. So you may say what you want about nobels it means little to me." Claude says in response to Lora with a smile, not because he liked that story but rather that he was surprised at how quickly Lora was learning how to be a great leader.

    When te young girl asked the group what they wanted Claude gave a pleaseant smile at her. It reminded him that these were the people he was trying to help. "I will aslo have the local fair, and could you please bring with it some cheese and a local fruit, si vous plait, merci." He askes the girl kindly with his hands clasped together then rembering "Oh, miss if you could please point me towards the town chapel, we shall speak to the healers there ourselves to save you the effort, merci encore."

    Spoiler:

    Sorry guys for not posting sooner, made an extra long one to make up for it.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba


    “Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

    “Words- so innocent and powerless are they, as standing in a dictionary; how for evil and good they become to one who knows how to combine them.”
    --Nathanial Hawthorne

    "Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu


 

  • #22
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ø Ignore HolyMan
    The young lass (Frella) curtsies, and then turns to go back inside. Surprisingly she doesn't take anyones silver.

    A few minutes later she returns with water and the odd drink for Lora. "I am sorry, but we can not take money from guest of his lordship." she says with downcast eyes. "Your food is on the way." she adds turning to go.

    OOC

    NOTE: Frella is a named NPC but the barkeep was not. Could be patrons about and country folk.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #23
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Sphyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    224

    ø Ignore Sphyh
    With a raised brow Onesimus retracts his hand with the five silvers. "Very well." Onesimus walks over the the barkeep at the counter while he waits for the food to be delivered. He addresses him in a low tone "I know as well as you do that your not going to be reimbursed for our cost and for that I would like to thank you personally for your sacrifice." He says with a slight exaggeration on 'thank you' as he extends his arm with a single gold coin slightly visible in his hand to exchange with the keep as they shake incognito.
    All generalizations are false... including this one ~ Mark Twain

  • #24
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    153

    ø Ignore Sunking
    ooc
    Tira
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Size: Medium
    Age: 24
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 116lb
    Hair: Bright Red
    Eye:Emerald green
    Skin:bronze shine(outdoors alot)

    Apperance
    Tira is fair of build and moves with the grace of a hunting cat, she wears light leathers that allow her to blend in with the woodlands and shadows. She always keep her spear nearby expecting the worst. Tira keeps her hood up and keeps to the shadows, since she is not comfortable around lots of people and it can be seen in the way she is always trying to hide.


    why not start at the wayhouse


    Tira sits up ageinst the wall watching the newcommers trying to find out if they are bringing trouble or just have arived at a bad time...
    At first it seemed the trouble but the way they are treating the locals seems to tell another storie...

    Her thoughts makes her forget not to stare and soon her eyes are discovered before she can look away.
    Last edited by Sunking; Thursday, 4th March, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Born to be Wildshaping

    Playing on Enworld




    As DM

    Rite of Passage (Goblin Style)
    A lighthearted game about being on the other side of the heroes swords.
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-p...h-muhagir.html




  • #25
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ø Ignore HolyMan
    The group notices a short, slightly built person sitting on a bench near the wayhouse. A mug is set out before them looking untouched.

    Their hood is up but you catch them staring for a moment at each of you.

    OOC
    Sorry I'm late with the intro Sunking you did great and remember you know nothing of the advancing Treylor but you are here in Harkon to observe.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #26
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Sphyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    224

    ø Ignore Sphyh
    The barkeep receives the handshake and accepts the coin without ever breaking eye contact as he slides it casually into the front pocket of his old apron.

    Onesimus nods and turns to return to his table and in doing so walks past Frella. There eyes meet for a second but he quickly adjusts his downward as he feels his check begin to blush slightly. Of all the places in world I come to the one bar with waitress that looks just like her. He keeps his eyes fixated on the ground until he arrives at the table where he takes his seat and then quickly takes a drink of water feeling like the eyes of the world are upon him.
    All generalizations are false... including this one ~ Mark Twain

  • #27
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Frozen Messiah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    678

    ø Ignore Frozen Messiah
    Claude had been siting back pleaseantly watching how the group interacted with the tavern owners and gave a pleasent smile towards Onesimus for his charity. "That was a kind hearted deed my friend, I was about to do the same but at that payment was enough. We don't want to seem like our coin purses need lightening." Claude says to him quickly leaning back in his chair.
    As he does this he begins looking around the room and people watching and trying to pick up little tid bits of local conversation but he then notices someone eyeing them. He quickly contiunes looking around nonchalantly. After a small amount of time he nudges Aiden and takes out his dagger and places it with the point towards te observer, Claude quietly and quickly whispers "Watch 'em". "Excuse, Miss Lora, I have something to ask the owner of the establishment and I believe that Aiden has something to tell you." With that Claude walks over the barkeep and askes him, "Excuse monsieur, could you tell me who that person is right there is," Claude askes with a quick movment of his head to identify the person he was talking about "I would like to talk to them and would like to know their name first if you would be so kind?"

    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba


    “Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

    “Words- so innocent and powerless are they, as standing in a dictionary; how for evil and good they become to one who knows how to combine them.”
    --Nathanial Hawthorne

    "Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu


  • #28
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ø Ignore HolyMan
    As Claude approaches the wayhouse proprietor Frella starts to bring out trays of cheese and fruit. She pass by the dark skinned man a little quicker than necessary to get out of the way.

    While Claude speaks to the owner he noticesthe clenched fist at his side. "Sir, I am sorry I do not know everyone who enters or pass through. You must excuse me I have your food to help bring out." He says, walking into the building slamming the door behind him.

    Frella setting things on the table jumps at the loud 'thack' of the door. She keeps her head down eyes on what she is doing and says nothing.

    OOC
    Note: Reygur is a long way away from Pesh, so prehaps this isn't the first time someone has been short wit Claude do to his nationality. But this feels alot stronger than those other times.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #29
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Frozen Messiah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    678

    ø Ignore Frozen Messiah
    "Merde..." Claude says as he turns and begins to return to the table fully understanding what had happened to him right there, he had become accustomed to it but this time hurt just as much as every other time he had attempted to help someone and they just looked at him with narrowed eyes.

    Claude goes back to the group and sits down in his seat and then begins to stare directly at the person who was watching them and his eyes began to glow a faint green.

    Spoiler:

    Detect Evil

    sorry if I am going through a lot to figure out who this person is in character. Claude has gotten to be fairly untrusting of people during his travels, especially ones who stare at him and wear hoods.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba


    “Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

    “Words- so innocent and powerless are they, as standing in a dictionary; how for evil and good they become to one who knows how to combine them.”
    --Nathanial Hawthorne

    "Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu


  • #30
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ø Ignore HolyMan
    OOC
    Quite understandable I am the same way LOL. You detect no presence of evil (60' cone towards stranger).

    @Sunking: Your character heard everything said to Vance out in the street. But the party quieted down when they reached the table due to Trinham's suggestion. I rolled a listen check and even if you max ranked it, it would not be enough sorry. Listen = 3

    Hey first roll of this game for me and I listed the campaign as BaHM just use that for your IC rolls please.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. a manor
      By Olorion in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th June, 2006, 10:25 AM
    2. nellysyr manor
      By castlewalls in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th June, 2002, 02:02 PM
    3. nellysyr manor
      By castlewalls in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th June, 2002, 01:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •