Battle at Harkon Manor

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora clenched her teeth as her heart pounded like a blacksmith's hammer upon hot iron. *thump* *thump* *thump* *thump*, she could hear the blood pumping in her ears better then the commotion around her. Her hands were strong on the glaive, gripping with a steady force, as she waited for the enemy to approach within her reach.

"HOLD THE LINE!" The girl shouted as she raised her weapon in waiting of the frst Elf to come to his doom.

[sblock]Lora readies vs approach, she has 10' reach. 1d20+5=10, 1d10=9. They probably have more than 10 AC though...

HP:20, AC:22, AB: +5

0 level: Daze, Light, Message, Dancing Lights
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Benign Transposition x 2
2 level: Glitterdust, Ray of Stupidity x 2[/sblock]

Deskjob

First Post
Marko, Round 12

Marko aids his allies as the elven forces charge.

[sblock=Combat]
Round 12 Actions

Marko :Aid Another .(75-85) .Ac+2
Ally 1 :Attack .(94-A4) .14vs16 .miss .0 damage
Ally 2 :Attack .(85-96) .16vs16 .hit .7 damage
Ally 3 :Aid Another .(76-85) .Ac+2

Enemy 1 :Charge .(A4-94) .7vs17 .miss .0 damage
Enemy 2 :Charge .(A5-94) .8vs17 .miss .0 damage

Round 12 Aftermath

Enemy (96) Hp 0[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gondsman

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Looks like the round that included the charge is the one you were talking about having those other guys go in, so I'm posting for the next round. Unfortunately for me, even the drop in AC from the charge and the bonus from the bless spell that I didn't expect, don't allow any of my bow attacks to hit. My last shot takes place in the next round, so I'm just going to post for the villagers.

Also, since my created wall seems to have been ignored, I've placed it back on my list as unused.

I figure, if the Treylor advance in the block without spreading out, the villager in 6-7 aids the one in 6-8 for defense, and 6-8 and 6-9 attack Treylor in the respective column 7 squares.

villagers
8 then 9 no hits

Treylor (I would assume that the next rank aids the front rank in attack so treylor in squares 7-8,9 attack)
Aid another AC +3v10 no dice
Aid another Attack 8 then 9 +4v10 success
Attack 8 then 9 +6v11 both hit

Aftermath
Villagers
6-8 3 hp
6-9 0 hp

If my attempt at this mass combat thing is wrong, cool, I'm just guessing and following DJ's example
[/sblock]
Once again switching places with the villager behind him, Lurik fires off his last shot and tells his villagers to ready attacks for when the first group of soldiers makes their way through the wall wreckage.

[sblock=stat block]
Code:
Init  [URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2567723/"]20[/URL]
HP [COLOR=Green]11/11[/COLOR]
AC  [COLOR=White]15[/COLOR]/[COLOR=DarkOrange]19[/COLOR] = [COLOR=White]10 + 1 (dex) + 4 (spell)[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrange]+4    (cover)[/COLOR]

[B]Weapon          Attack     Damage     Critical    Range[/B]
Longbow         +1[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]+1[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]+1[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]+1[/COLOR]     1d8[COLOR=Lime]+1[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]+1[/COLOR]     x3       100ft   20/20arrows    
Dagger          +0[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]+1[/COLOR]         1d4          19/x2
Dagger(thrown)  +1[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]+1[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]+1[/COLOR]          1d4[COLOR=Lime]+1[/COLOR]     19/x2      10ft
   [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]+1 Bless 0/10 r[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=Lime]+1 within 30ft (PBS)[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=Yellow]+1 Magic Weapon 10/10 r[/COLOR]

Saves
F +3    R +3    W +5[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]+1 (fear)[/COLOR]

Spells
Wiz L1 [COLOR=Gray]Mage Armor[/COLOR]
Cl  L0 2xcreate water 
Cl  L1  Bless, Magic Weapon

Scrolls
 Cure Light Wounds (cl5), Minor Creation (cl8)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's face takes on a grim countenance as the Treylor finally advance. With the extra reach granted him by his chosen weapon, he tries to catch the charging foes by a lash of his chain. The whipping weapon slices the soldier's chest open and he falls to the ground, clutching the bloody wound.

[sblock=OOC]
Describing the killing AoO, since you gave us their HPs and ACs. :)

Jareth has Combat Reflexes, so I'm rolling 3 AoOs, if other foes provoked. And I forgot Bless in the rolls... So add 1 to the attacks, please.
AoO 1, 2 and 3, in order: 19 for 8; 17 for 11; 14 for 10.

If AoO 2 is actually performed and hits, Jareth gets a free trip attempt from the Knock-Down feat. Trip (opposed by STR or DEX, whichever is higher) and follow-up attack from Improved Trip: 21 trip, 26 attack (nat 20) for 9 damage;
Crit threat, roll confirm: 14 for extra 6. Again, Bless was NOT factored into these rolls. And it's up to you if you consider the guy prone for the Improved Trip crit threat (if he's prone, it crits). If there even is an AoO 2. And from now on, if you could just roll my AoOs, that would be great HM.

Jareth AC 16 HP 25/25
Spells, Caster Level 3. Arcane Channeling available.
Spells per day: 4/4
Lvl 0 Spells: Touch of Fatigue, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Disrupt Undead
Lvl 1 Spells: Color Spray, Shocking Grasp, Burning Hands, True Strike
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
As soon as the Treylor begin to charge, Trinham drops his bow and readies his new spell. Originally intending to wait until the front rank is 10' away, then Colour Sprays the elves directly in front of him. he finds that they seem to be avoiding him. Instead he adjusts his aim, to catch the Traylors on his left. Then, without waiting to seen what happens, he draws his Longsword and waits for the enemy to attack.

[sblock=OOC]Standard Action: Centre Colour Spray on d7.
Move Action: Draw Weapon.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 20/20
Protection From Arrows: (DR10) 40/40.

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will *3

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile, Sleep
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Enter, stage north :)

Scratching his stubbled chin with a grubby fingernail, Elms stared out of his hiding place in the tree line at the battle unfolding before him. To his right was a ramshackle barricade manned by men that didn't look much like soldiers to him, and to his left were Elves. Lots of elves. "What've you walked into here, Elmsy?" he whispered to himself.

He had been waiting here, in this exact spot, for almost twenty minutes now, but patience wasn't a problem for a man like Elms. He'd lost track of how many times the Grand Church of the Pentacle had sent him on errands requiring amazing patience. "Don't touch him, Elmsy. Stick to him like stink on a pig and let every word fall into your lug-hole, Elmsy, but don't touch him." the man muttered bitterly. Without realising it, he had begun to gingerly feel around the burn on the back of his hand. He looked down at it, almost a week old now and still raw and angry, the brand of the Grand Church stared back at him. He spat into the dirt to the right of him, his mood worsening quickly.

"Come here, ask these nice people some nice questions, job's a good'n. Now look at this mess." He scowled at the fierce melee going on in front of his eyes. Suddenly, three elven archers dashed forwards, seemingly for a better vantage point, and stopped not thirty feet away from him! "Well bugger me! It's like it was meant to be..."

Grinning to himself, Elms silently pulls a shortsword from its oiled scabbard and detaches a bolas from the strap on his belt. Narrowing his eyes, he looks the three archers up and down attempting to discern if they carry any other weapons before he makes his decision.

[sblock=Actions]Draw weapons.
Visually check archers for weapons (or anything extraordinary).

Spot check. (1d20+6=11)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Spot] You see the other 27 elves amongst the trees alsp running to join the melee. ;) Those three on the map are just the ones who have reached that area, the rest are behind and off the map. [/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
A slight strangled noise escapes Elms' throat as he realises the seriousness of his situation. "Face first into a bloody wasp's nest, Elmsy! Keep your bloody eyes open!" he scalds himself.

Quietly sliding his shortsword back into its scabbard, Elms rises from his prone position on his belly to a crouch and starts to stalk his way towards the northern end of the barricade. "No time for messing around in the trees, time to stand and fight. Well... good. It's been a while anyway."

[sblock=Actions] Moving from my hiding spot in the northern tree line towards the northern tip of the fight at the barricade, where Jareth and Marko are.

Assuming there's a lot of yelling, screaming, clash of metal on metal and so on, I won't slow myself by moving silently, but I will remain hidden until I get close.

Hide. (1d20+9=23)[/sblock]

[Sblock=HM]Can you put me on the map wherever is appropriate and slot me into the initiative order either where you think is appropriate, or make a roll for me when the time comes? (Init: +2).[/Sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth sees blood. Not for the first time, but this blood comes from intelligent foes, foes truly trying to kill him, and foes he killed instead. Foes he has wished to face for months. Foes he hates!

He pulls the front soldier back and takes the man’s place, calling on the teachings of Tharivol and the rage in his heart, focusing it into a pure, blazing extension of his own hatred for these pointy-eared murderers, loosing it into their faces!

At the same time, his allied soldiers strike out after the gout of flame, another reaching forward and trying to help protect their leader.

The enemy soldiers try to take advantage of the opening and attack the front-line and the apparent mage.

[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
Jareth trades places with the man-at-arms in front of him and casts Burning Hands defensively. It should catch the enemies in front of him in a 15-foot cone (catching somewhere between 5 and 9 targets; depends on how big the cone is at the far end). I’ll roll 9 Reflex saves anyway…
Concentration check (DC 16) and damage, Reflex save DC 14 for half: 28 and 5.
Enemy Reflex saves: 6 success, 3 fails.

Two men-at-arms attack, I don’t know exactly who they are targeting… Whatever enemy is right in front of them… And one aids Jareth on defense. I think…
Attacks: 11 for 4 dam; 23 (nat 19) for 10 dam; 13 Aid Another.

Enemy attacks (unknown targets, some may be at 0 HP): 17 for 4 dam; 9 and 8 attacks miss.

Jareth AC 18 (temp. 16 normal), HP 25/25
Spells, Caster Level 3. Arcane Channeling available.
Spells per day: 4/4
Lvl 0 Spells: Touch of Fatigue, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Disrupt Undead
Lvl 1 Spells: Color Spray, Shocking Grasp, Burning Hands, True Strike

And if Jareth gets any chances for AoOs, he will take them. 3 AoOs (Combat Reflexes), 1d20+6 for 2d4+4 damage. Basically, if he hits, he drops them. It is really hard for me to understand these Mass Combat rules… :sigh:
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 12

The Treylor use their superior numbers to try and surround the flanks of the defenders. It isn't long before both man and elf are screaming and dying.

The clashes on the right flank goes poorly as the archers let loose just before the defenders can step into melee and give them harder targets to shoot at. Robert out of his element, misses but takes it in stride as he knows these elf bastard's won't win. The men-at-arms give as good as they got, losing a man but taking down a few Treylor along the way.

The clash of steel the screams of rage and pain, the moans of the dying. The smell of blood and sweat, (of burning flesh if you are on the left flank). Bright colors whirling around if you are on the right. All these things assault your senses as you fight for survival, the only thing you can think of is how long can hold out, how long do you need to hold out.

[sblock=Combat]

All party memebers and defenders under effect from Bless spell, which ends on round 908.

Code:
[U]Character                            AC   HP   In hand/Condition[/U]
Claude                               17   29   l.bow/none
Lurik                                [COLOR=royalblue]15[/COLOR]   11   l.bow/mage armor(ends round 600)
Marko                                [COLOR=white]20[/COLOR]   [COLOR=darkorange]19[/COLOR]   sword&shield/none
Jareth                               [COLOR=royalblue]18[/COLOR]   [COLOR=orange]19[/COLOR]   chain/none
Lora                                 [COLOR=royalblue]22[/COLOR]   20   glaive/mage armor(ends round 600);shield (ends round 42)
Trinham                              15   [COLOR=orange]14[/COLOR]   c.bow/pro arrows(ends 40/40 or round 2,400)
Malaroc                              17    [COLOR=orange]9[/COLOR]   none/aura=vigor
Elms                                 16   10   shortsword/none
[/sblock]

l0l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9lalblcldlelflglhliljlklllmlnllplqlrlsltlulvlwlxlylzl l
l l l l l lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l lalalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l1l
l l l l l l ltltltltltltltltl l l l lalalalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l2l
l l l l l l ltlmlmlmlmltltltl l l l l lalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l l3l
l l l l l l l lmlmlJltltltltltl l l l lalal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l4l
l l l l l l lmlMlmltltltltl l l l l lalal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l5l
l l l l l l l lmlml ltltl l l l l l l lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l6l
l l l l l lvlvlvlvl ltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l7l
l l l l lvlLlvlvlvltltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l8l
l l l l l lvl lvlxltltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l9l
l l l lvlvlvlvltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lal
l l lvlvlvlLlMltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lbl
l l lvlvlvlCl ltltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lcl
l l l lvlvlvl ltltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ldl
l l l lvlvlvlTltltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lel
l l l l lvlvlvlxlxltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lfl
l l l l l l l lmlml ltltl l l l l l l lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lgl
l l l l l l l lmlRltltltl l l l l l lalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lfl
l l l l l l l lmlml ltltl l l l l l lalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l l lhl
l l l l l l l l lmltltltl l l l l l l lalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l l lil
l l l l l l ltltltltltl l l l l l l l l lalalalal l l l l l l l l l l l ljl
l l l l l l l ltltltl l l l l l l l l l l lalalalal l l l l l l l l l l lkl

Key:
one block = 5'

brown x's is were wall fell and is now difficult terrian
L= Lurik
L= Lora
C= Claude
T= Trinham
J= Jareth
M= Marko
R= Robert
M= Malaroc
E= Elms
m = man at arms
m = wounded man at arms
v = villiager
t = treylor
t = wounded treylor
t = charged treylor
a = treylorian archer

[sblock=Rolls/Notes]
Elms Init: 1d20=2 = 8
save vs color spray DC15 21,16
AoO from viiliagers = killed one advancing treylor
Right flank archers = 5 hits, 1 possible crit
Crit = confirmed
Left flank men-at-arms 1 hit, dmg=5
Treylor left flank attacks = 4 hits, dmg tba
Possible crit on Jareth = confirmed
Total damage for Jareth = 6 pts.
Villiagers down the middle = 2 hits, both possible crits
Crits = no crits
Treylor in the center = lots of hits
Most notable hit Malaroc for 3 and Trinham for 6 pts of damage, and killed 5 villiagers
Men-at-arms right flank = 2 hits, 2 dead
Treylor right flank = 2hits, 1 dead
Robert = possible two misses
Treylor aid another = successful means Robert missed
Malaroc round 12 action = misses

NPC Stats

Treylor infantry: 82/90 (18 are advancing next round spell has worn off)
Treylor archers: 60/60
Treylor Command: 12/18 [/sblock]

[sblock=PC actions]
Round 12
Lora attack with glaive = miss
Claude = aid another (defense)
Marko = aid another(defense)
Lurik = fires bow misses
Elms = charge (not resolved)
Malaroc = swing and a miss
Jareth = casts burning hands
Trinham = casts color spray