Intelligent Magic Items

Angelsboi

First Post
Say someone is creating a magic item. I secretly roll and find out that its intelligent.

Would the PC making it have to spend the extra Money to make it intelligent?

Kraedin

First Post
I think that the "so and so percent of all magic items are intelligent" blub refers to magic items found, not magic items created. I belive that you only make an intelligent magic item if you want to.

Olive

Explorer
to quote the SRD:
"To create an intelligent item the, creator’s caster level must be at least 15th. Time and creation cost are based on the normal item creation rules, with the market price values on Table: Item Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma, and Capabilities treated as additions to both time, gold piece cost, and XP cost. Determine the item’s Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma randomly. The item’s alignment is the same as its creator’s. Determine other features randomly, following the guidelines in the relevant sections of this chapter."

so i don't think you roll for it...

kreynolds

First Post
I'll go ahead and just throw in my "I agree with Kraedin, Darkness, and Olive" hat. (Damn...that's a big label...pretty big hat then, I guess :D) You don't roll for it when it is being created, only when found. The same goes for cursed items as well.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
I think it would be great house rule to allow random chance to create intelligent items as well as cursed ones, since some of that is supposed to be random chance.

I think it spices the game up a bit, but it would be a house rule, not by the books.

Clear Dragon

First Post
Determine other features randomly, following the guidelines in the relevant sections of this chapter.

So the item's creator has no control over what functions it has. Seems like quite a gamble to create one if the maker does not get to decide what primary abilities, extraordinary powers (if any), and purposes it will have. Especially since these factors determine its price.I would house rule the creator can determine verything but the INT, WIS, and CHA (though I would allow him to pick the order).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases