[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Dunamin

First Post
The group enter the cemetery. As they reach the mausoleum, they find it it is the largest of the cemetery. It has very few decoration on it. A few gargoyles head represent human figure with birds wing. Not even the name of the deceased persons laying in it are scribed on it. As they reach the double door that allow to enter in it, they find chains around the handles. A simple lock on the chains keeps all intruders out of the mausoleum.
“Avast me hearties! Uh, I mean…” Rhole flips up his eye-patch, having bumped into Derien and only just now getting out of his “disguise”.

“This will make for mad campfire tales later, band! Just remember that if some undead abomination shambles out through that door, by all the head-banging muses, aim for the head and not the throat!”

While Bell fiddles with the lock, Rock climbs up to one of the gargoyles in deep fascination, feeling a mix of familiarity and identity crisis.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai is ready for trouble and tenses as the chain becomes focus of conversation
"Do we even know they really went inside? Wouldn't you, Charina, spot the entrance as they would have to unlock this. Or hear it jingilng?"

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Well, what are you waiting for? Yes, that's how you do it. No, no, you are looking good. Oh, you want me to do it? But I have to lay down my arbalest! Oh, all right.''

Charina holds her arbalest in one hand, draws her lockpicking tool in the other.

-''You wanna help? Just hold the padlock steady.'' A flick of the wrist later, it's open. ''There you go. Ya know, you have to trust your instincts, you'd have opened it just fine.''

[sblock=OOC]
Thievery (1d20+11=29) +2 for Bell's assitance, so 31.

Lucky roll, but I 'only' have +11, I doubt I beat Bell by more than 1 or 2 points. Statistically, it's better if one of us try and the other makes a full fledged roll if the first one fail.

Hey, forget it, I thought you were trained!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Derien blinks. "Wait a minute," he says, "If Jemy and his contact passed through this door, who locked it behind them?"

-''Well, Derien and Martelai make good points. Our quarry didn't go through here... But I am not all that good at finding secret passage and we have an entrance right here. I say we go in anyway.'' Charina says, almost pleading. She is feeling the pressure of finding Merryl.

taran

First Post
Derien shrugs. "Very well. You first, Ikni, and then me, Martelai, Rhole, Charina, and Bell?"[sblock=OOC]Let's get this party started, I'm ready into inflict gobs of radiant damage on some hapless undead.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases