[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell looks closely at each of the items, pulling out her journal and taking notes. This goes on for several minutes, likely the longest time most of the party has seen her so silent. Sometimes she holds the item up in the air, and closes her eyes, trying to feel how items respond to the arcane streams, other times she holds it to her ear, listening to the vibrations. Finally she speaks.

"This piece, though well cut and dyed appears to be made from the hide of some fey creature, my guess is a panther. I haven't fully translated the runes but they appear to be standard guidelines, like an arcane cheat sheet of sorts. This amulet will protect the bearer from less direct attacks.

"These gloves are forged of leaves from an oak of Arcadia. They should allow one who has sworn themselves to other powers to tap into the fey stream and transpose themselves when others loose their life force as sacrifice. This potion allows you a brief defense against charm, illusion and domination.

"This armor, of some fiendish design, absorbs the lost blood of the wearer to grant a temporary hardness, much like a goliath can temporarily increase the resistance inherent in tis skin.

"These gloves are imbued with primal stones of the snake serpent. . . I think. . . this is unclear to me. Though they appear to be of rough leather they should allow one to transfer the energy of an attack to that of an acidic nature. I would not burst the small inner pouches. That seems like a bad idea.

"Now this hide, though you can hardly tell through the wear, was originally of a celestial buck. I am almost positive of it. It should allow the wearer to amplify natural wound mending abilities. Just don't eat any venison while you have it on. And this chain, is not for securing anything at all. Actually thats bit true, it will secure your pants I suppose. Well not to an infinite degree or anything. You see this link is a clasp of sorts and it should reinforce your personal constitution to an effect. That's a particularly clever bit.

"These gloves actually channel the negative energy of a wounded opponent back into a false life shield around yourself. Of course they'll only work if you can instinctively channel the arcane stream. Oh and this is a rock, of bitter salt solvent. Handle that carefully. If connected with a weapon with 6.7 ounces of pressure angled from a 45 point it should dissolve but you should be able to transfer it quickly to an opponent."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina listens to Bell going geek at full throttle, taking in only what interests her.

-''So... it's snake leather? Cool. I need to match them with my boots.''

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Um no. . . well I suppose it is similar. . .in a way. . ." The questions seems to have confused Bell in an odd way and she bites her bottom lip.

"Shall we go?" She asks a moment later, snapping back to reality.

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=Loot]This include time GP. Here my split suggestion. I hope that's sound fair for everyone.

Bell:
Runic Hide Armor +1
Magical Amulet +1
325 gp

Martelei:
Blackleaf Gloves
Elixir of Will
325 gp

Rhole:
Bloodcut Leather Armor +1
325 gp

Charina:
Caustic Gauntlet
450 gp

Derien:
Healer's Hide Armor +1
Belt of Vigor
450 gp

Ikni:
Gauntlet of Arcane Might
Counterstrike Guards
Caustic Whetstone
450 gp[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=XP Award]Skill Challenge: 350XP per player
Encounter: 426XP per player
Quest and Roleplay: 300 XP per players
Time (3 and a half month):
364XP for Bell, Martelai and Rhole
438XP for Charina, Derien and Ikni

Total:
1440XP for Bell, Martelai and Rhole
1514XP for Charina, Derien and Ikni[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Judge]
This is approved by renau1g.

Also, I approve of 7 DM credits for Velmont (3.5 months x 2/month)

Sorry for the delay... missed the xp posts
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Um no. . . well I suppose it is similar. . .in a way. . ." The questions seems to have confused Bell in an odd way and she bites her bottom lip.

"Shall we go?" She asks a moment later, snapping back to reality.

Charina hoists her arbalest on her shoulder.

-''Yes! I owe you all, big time. Let's get back to the inn and drink some colorfully named mixes of liquors and juice with little umbrellas in them! It's on me!''

covaithe

Explorer
"Does the colorful name and the little umbrella affect the flavor or intoxicant levels in some way? I was unable to detect any magical influences on the beverages last time I attended the Hanged Man, but I did not closely examine anything, er, fruity," wonders Ikni guilelessly as she follows the group back.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ikni, we need to talk" - says Martelai smiling and clapping her lightly on the shoulder. "If you're willing to learn and explore that is"

"Now about drinks and later about knowledge and research. Pleasure before work, important in our line of work."

OOC: consider this an invitation to IAC if you didn't already have one. Since CaBaNa is busy, I'm not sure if that will remain active, but Ikni gets invited if she shows interest in less practical uses of magic and knowledge research in general.

Also, Bell can fill you in on our necromantic rituals...I'll reinforce that notion with my next post :D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: reference for 10gp and finishing post

"I hope everything works out fine, Merryl. Be more careful with children and if you need help leave the message for me either at Institute for Arcane Ciphers or at Hanged Man."

Turning to Charina
"I'm sorry you had to kill one of your kin. If you need me sometimes, talk to Bell or leave me a message, I'll be around. Just don't look for me in the feywild."
he says with a smile

"Here's what you loaned me at the tavern." he offers her small pouch of gold. "Thank you for your assistance."

OOC: I know Mal, it's not much, but IC, Martelai positively HATES having hooks in him, however small. It's enough having to take care of Bell (and it's a see-saw between love and resentment :) )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases