[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

taran

First Post
"You are a silver tongue Half-elf, but you won't fool me. He has already told you were searching us, but he didn't had the time to tell the whole story. Maybe you would like to speak. That might be healthier for you."
"No no, you first. What are those undead doing here, and why have you disguised them as gnomes?"

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]They are not disguised as gnome... sorry for the misunderstanding. The two 'gnomes' on the map looks like Harold and Jemny, two kids that have disappeared. The bladeling is also an undead, but you haven't seen it before.[/SBLOCK]

"I see you are more perceptive than the average man, elf. I should not be surprise from one of your kind. They are more usefull than the old undeads of Rinch, as they can walk the street with little chance to be spotted as such. A creation of Frederic and I. But I made sure to test it on Frederic." she tells pointing at the bladeling.

Last edited:

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So just to make sure I've got this straight: there are two gnomes, they're Harold and Jemy, and they're undead? And only the undead-ness is covered by the illusion? And the same for the bladeling?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I've heard enough!" Bell steps forward, her sword out before her. "You are clearly evil a drow, kidnapping people, and then practicing necromancy on them. Sounds evil to me. You'd have to escape at least twice in order to build up enough drama to even have a chance at being a redeemable future gray hero."

She takes a dramatic battle stance. "We are heroes, here to save that child. I offer you the customary chance to surrender, which you will only accept if you plan on some kind of trickery."

[sblock=ooc]Bell moves to E5.

I don't think there are any actual gnomes. Only undead disguised as children.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina shoots the zombie Jemny. Stupid, stupid. Why didn't she see it? It's her duty to put her down. And why is there a strange feeling of constriction in Charina's throat?

-"Sorry, Jemny." she whispers.

[sblock=OOC]If no one sees me, that means I get a surprise round! Boom. Shoot her in the throat.

Sly Flourish vs AC (1d20+11=20, 1d10+9+2d6=18)

Upon verification, damage for sly flourish for Charina Redux (as per the file I sent you) is 1d10+8 as I lowered my CHA. So damage is 17

To save you the trouble:

initiative (1d10+10=19)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Now that I've finally figured the map out (hard to tell a human from a halfling from just their faces), just waiting for initiative.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Scorpius is right. They are only kids. I just use Gnome token of the map, but there is no gnome here, only human kids and undead human kids... and more undead :p

By the way, this is a short adventure, this is already the last fight as you have successfully gone through a skill challenge, so give up all! Because I will. :devil: [/SBLOCK]

"I couldn't allow competition on my territory. This is not evil, this is business." she replies just before a bolt hit solidly in the shoulder of Jemny. "Kill them!"

With a lightning reflexes, the two ghouls obey Sherryl's order. The first charge Ikni and barely slash him. The wound is painfull, but she feels the energy draining from her legs.

The second ghoul move next to Ikni. Immobilized, Ikni become an easy prey for the Ghoul who bites Ikni in the shoulder. The Genasi feels even more of her life energy being drained and lose completely her attention.

[SBLOCK=OOC]First Ghoul charge at Claw vs AC; Ikni (1d20+14=21, 1d6+54=11) Hit for 11 damage and Ikni is immobolized (save ends)

Second Ghoul move next to Ikni: Ghoulish Bite vs AC; Ikni (1d20+11=28), Ghoulish Bite Damage (3d6+5=15) Ikni is also stunned (save ends)

Ikni is also bloodied by the last attack.

If I understand well, Ikni had bad experience with undead... and it's not finished it seems. And no, none of these damage were necrotic. Now, will 3 Leader be enough to keep Ikni alive?

Charina, Rhole and Martelai are up...[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Initiative:
27: Ghouls
23: Charina
21: Rhole
19: Martelai
17: Dreadclaws
11: Derien
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Bell: 30/30, 1AP
Charina: 34/34, 1AP
Derien: 36/36, 1AP
Ikni: 17/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
Martelai: 33/33, 1AP
Rhole: 29/29, 1AP

Jemny: -17[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Could you just double check the attack bonus on that first ghoul's claw, please? IC says +13, but your post says +14, whereas a standard ghoul has +12. Just want to check that the +1 from charge wasn't added twice by mistake. Since Ikni's AC is 21, it matters quite a bit, in this case. ;) Also, Ikni is female, thanks. ;)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]]Who told they are standard Ghoul? :devil: IC tells 13 because I forgot a modifier. When I saw I had miss by 1, I made my math again and found it should be 14. He got +1 from charge (included in the IC roll) and another +1 to hit from a source yet unknown to your group.[/SBLOCK]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I have no idea if they're standard ghouls. I just thought it was worth asking, since the mystery +1 means the difference between hitting and missing. Thanks for checking. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases