[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Well we've got about a fifty percent chance of not being attacked by a mechanism when we enter and an equal yet separate chance of already having alerted them to our presence, so let's proceed in our predetermined order. . . .kay?"

Bell smiles and heads toward the back of the group.

Velmont

First Post
The group climb down the stairs and to their relief, no trap fall on their head. They walk on over thirty feet in the corridor before it turns left. You quickly see yourself at the intersection of the long gloomy hall, but that time, at the other end.

On your right, you hears a voice. "Who are they?" shouts an angry voice of a women. They group cannot hears the reply. Only some mumbling, probably the dockworker.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As they walk down the corridor, Martelai pulls shadows around him and pulls out magic-eating leg of the broodlord keeping it ready for action. In his left hand he takes the dagger, just in case he needs to punish some spellcaster for casting too close.

OOC: shadow walk and draw rod of corruption and dagger

Dunamin

First Post
Rock fades out of view and glides in slowly to investigate. He approaches just close enough to catch sight of the angry woman and those at her side, before returning to deliver a whispered report.

An excited Rhole turns to his companions to place a finger on his lips, a completely unnecessary gesture.

[sblock=Getting Ready]Rhole places himself at the center of the group, without clustering up with anyone. Note that he is already “armed”.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Ikni enters the room, followed by the other while Charina stay hidden. The room is a large crypt with many sarcophagus. Most are barely decorated at the entrance while one is is put into evidence, with lots of decoration. This crypt was probably the resting place of a noble who have been buried with his servant. The remaining of his family must be in the mausoleum you have visited earlier.

You also cannot miss a large angel. This seems a recent addition. The angel is wielding a sword in a hand and seems to cast a spell with the others. Both the sword and the free hands glow with a dark energy.

As show bust into the crypt, you see on your left, Harold standing and watching over Ricky and Jane, who are both tied up. Derien seems to have a strange feeling about Harold. After a moment, he understands that an illusion have been put over him so he could look like as he was while living, but feeling the necrotic energy of this room, he doubt that he is alive anymore. Ricky and Jane seems still well alive and starts to try to undo their bounds at the sight of the group.

In the back of the room, you see a bladeling who seems to have started a ritual while two Ghouls restrain Merryl, who seems paralyzed. The dark energy slowly extend to her, and should reach her in a few minutes. Again, Derien have the feeling that this bladeling have fallen too under the same curse than Harold.

On their right, they see a drow talking to the dockworker and Jemny. The little girl looks to have also been a victim of the curse. The drow interrupt the conversation as she see the group. She starts to ask Ikni "Aren't you the one who... no, you don't fit my report. And I don't see the deva with you. What bring you in this sanctum, strangers?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Map here.

Charina is hidden.

The three halfling are Merryl and two kids that have been kidnnaped.

The two gnomes are Harold and Jemny. Thanks to Derien passive Insight, he pierce the illusion and see they are undead hidden under an illusion. The bladeling seems also to be an undead.

The human is the dockworker.

The drow seems plainly alive.

The sarcophagus near the doors are low. They are difficult terrain and they can give cover to anyone who is prone.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Bell: 30/30, 1AP
Charina: 34/34, 1AP, Hidden
Derien: 36/36, 1AP
Ikni: 43/43, 1AP
Martelai: 33/33, 1AP
Rhole: 29/29, 1AP[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Whispering so he's not clearly heard Martelai waits to see who's to be killed:
"Bah! Who's who here? Who do we attack?"

Then somewhat louder
"You, dockhand, come here! "

"Excuse us, madam, this one here shirked his duty and has stolen something from one of the captains, we were hired to get him back and we followed him back here. If you'll bear with us for a moment, we'll be out in a moment."

OOC: Feel free to roll whatever you think appropriate (probably Bluff?) and init. Once the targets are identfied I'll take full round action (speech is free, righht?)

Velmont

First Post
The dockworker stares at Martelai than at the drow. "Why those pesky little lies?" she tells "You are a silver tongue Half-elf, but you won't fool me. He has already told you were searching us, but he didn't had the time to tell the whole story. Maybe you would like to speak. That might be healthier for you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Initiative will be roll by me as soon as someone want to do an aggressive action, which isn't happening yet.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads