[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
ooc: I have no idea if they're standard ghouls. I just thought it was worth asking, since the mystery +1 means the difference between hitting and missing. Thanks for checking. :)

You shouldn't thanks me. Before I double check, I was missing you ;) [/SBLOCK]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni stiffens as the ghouls approach her, but she raises her sword to block too late. As she feels the second ghoul's jaws meet in her flesh, she releases a blast of elemental magic just before the paralysis takes her over. The magic isn't enough to stop the ghoul, but Ikni takes a grim satisfaction anyway.

[sblock=actions]Immediate interrupt on the second ghoul's attack: Frost Backlash, 20 vs. Reflex for 15 cold damage. On a miss, it takes half damage.

I did warn you that I have a lot of powers based off of immediate actions, didn't I?
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]No problem with interrupt, I even saw it coming.

That's a Miss. 7 cold damage.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Map Updated

Initiative:
27: Ghouls
23: Charina
21: Rhole
19: Martelai
17: Dreadclaws
11: Derien
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Bell: 30/30, 1AP
Charina: 34/34, 1AP
Derien: 36/36, 1AP
Ikni: 17/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
Martelai: 33/33, 1AP
Rhole: 29/29, 1AP

Jemny: -17
Ghoul[G7] : -7[/SBLOCK][/QUOTE]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Fighting to control a trembling hand and a disturbing wetness in here eyes, Charina reloads and shoots Jemny the zombie once more. She then darts from cover to cover, her lack of focus showing in the fact that this time Derien can keep track of her. Hopefully the ghouls and other nasties aren't as alert.

[sblock=Actions]
Mino:Reload
Standard: Sly Flourish
vs AC, +2 CA, -2 cover, against Jemny (1d20+11+2-2=21, 1d10+8+2d6=23)

Move: to E9
Stealth (1d20+15=19)

No -5 to stealth because of cunning sneak, hide with only cover (the sarcophagus) because I moved more than 3 square.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Another hit for Charina... Jemny is bloodied.[/SBLOCK]

Initiative:
27: Ghouls
23: Charina
21: Rhole

Rhole: 29/29, 1AP

Jemny: -40, Bloodied
Ghoul[G7] : -7[/SBLOCK]

Dunamin

First Post
"This is not evil, this is business."
“Creepy Lady, you really need to work on your famous last words! … Which, uh, I realize is kind of a paradox in itself.”

“Now, what we really need is a mad jam to go with the scenery!”

Rhole brandishes the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper in one hand and raises the other with strangely dramatic gestures to the sky. It’s hard to tell what he’s preparing to do, exactly, but it might be that he would summon some otherworldly power, serve as conductor for an undead symphony orchestra, or perhaps just do some stretching exercises for his fingers. It’s probably all of the above, at the very least.

An instant later, Rhole strikes down at his instrument, permeating the crypt’s sound waves with mystically amplified tones so powerful that they can just barely be felt through the ground. The harmonics resonate with the ghouls, though not enough to put them off balance.

Silence follows briefly in the wake of the sonic assault, but the gnome expands with a theme that slowly builds up to an epic crescendo over the course of the battle. This music feels inexplicably appropriate and instills a surge of adrenaline in Rhole’s allies to keep them on edge.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pc17rXbC6c&feature=related"]Song of Courage[/ame]

While playing, Rhole moonwalks a bit in reverse to a more advantageous position – or perhaps just one more suitable for a stage.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Rhole attacks the ghoul that Ikni wounded with Vicious Mockery, but misses.
Minor: Song of Courage – you get a +1 power bonus to attacks when you’re within 5 squares of Rhole.
Move: Moonwalk to B5.

I’ll be using Minor actions to sustain Song of Courage as long as possible, but we should have plenty of healing to bail Ikni out, regardless.

Rhole – Gnome Bard 2
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 12
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 17
Resist 5 fire
HP 29/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers: Cutting Words, Vicious Mockery;
Blunder, Majestic Word: 2/2, Words of Friendship; Fade Away, Ghost Sound;
Stirring Shout, Song of Courage
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Martelai then the Dreadclaws. By the way, if your turn is coming but another player is about to act, don't hesitate to post before if you want to. I will consider any event that could happen (like a bonus that appears that you didn't had when you played...)[/SBLOCK]

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina - Acted
21: Rhole - Acted

Rhole: 29/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Jemny: -40, Bloodied
Ghoul[G7] : -7[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The music from Rhole perks up Charina from her somber state of mind as she tries to put Jemny down.

Huh, that's pretty good. Sinister and uplifting. Why don't I like gnomes again? Only one drawback to the music; it gives me urges to act in slow motion for greater effect...

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I've added details to the status to help you identify people on the map.[/SBLOCK]

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina - Acted
21: Rhole - Acted

Heroes
Bell [E6]: 30/30, 1AP
Charina [B8]: 34/34, 1AP
Derien [E7]: 36/36, 1AP
Ikni [F6]: 17/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
Martelai [C7]: 33/33, 1AP
Rhole [B6]: 29/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold [K11]: -0
Jemny [K5]: -40, Bloodied
Ghoul [G5]: -0
Ghoul [G7]: -7
Frederic [N6]: -0
Sherryl [L4]: -0

Bystanders
Merryl [O6] : -0, Unconscious, Helpless (Bounded to Altar)
Ricky [L12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)
Jane [M12] : -0, Helpless (Bounded by Ropes)[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai grimly observes hapenings. He started to call into being chains of levistus, but hearing there are undead he changes his spell to call forth radiance of the old ones. He tries to imped approach of other undead before ghouls can be put down.

He calls attention of the dead star to closest ghoul.
"Channel them in the middle. And spread out a bit!"

OOC: could you change icons to show zombies instead of halflings and gnomes? Just write who's who by appearance...
OOC2: almost killed human dockhand, just to get curse spread out, but that would be eeevil - and Bell is present :p
OOC3: Do we have some effects to enhance chance of hitting, if blast 3 area gets filled with enemies in front of Ikni I'll use my daily...so everyone, crowd them close :)

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: curse ghoul at G7
Move: D7 E3 to get clear LOS to K5, crouch (NOT drop prone, no cover) - shadow walk concealment activated
Standard: Dire Radiance vs K5 Ref (1d20+6=18, 1d6+5=7) and if it comes closer on it's turn Dire Radiance additional damage (1d6+5=9)
Damage is radiant, but I didn't inlcude vulnerability - apply as needed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
HP: 33/33 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 8

FEATS
Level 1: Sacrifice to Caiphon
Level 2: Improved Fate of the Void

POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance

Dilettante: Cutting Words
Chains of Levistus