D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 11




  1. #101
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    Bell easily points out how to unlock the padlock maintaining the chains over the handle.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dunamin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,149

    Ignore Dunamin
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    The group enter the cemetery. As they reach the mausoleum, they find it it is the largest of the cemetery. It has very few decoration on it. A few gargoyles head represent human figure with birds wing. Not even the name of the deceased persons laying in it are scribed on it. As they reach the double door that allow to enter in it, they find chains around the handles. A simple lock on the chains keeps all intruders out of the mausoleum.
    Avast me hearties! Uh, I mean Rhole flips up his eye-patch, having bumped into Derien and only just now getting out of his disguise.

    This will make for mad campfire tales later, band! Just remember that if some undead abomination shambles out through that door, by all the head-banging muses, aim for the head and not the throat!

    While Bell fiddles with the lock, Rock climbs up to one of the gargoyles in deep fascination, feeling a mix of familiarity and identity crisis.

  • #103
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,050

    Ignore Neurotic
    Martelai is ready for trouble and tenses as the chain becomes focus of conversation
    "Do we even know they really went inside? Wouldn't you, Charina, spot the entrance as they would have to unlock this. Or hear it jingilng?"

  • #104
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''Well, what are you waiting for? Yes, that's how you do it. No, no, you are looking good. Oh, you want me to do it? But I have to lay down my arbalest! Oh, all right.''

    Charina holds her arbalest in one hand, draws her lockpicking tool in the other.

    -''You wanna help? Just hold the padlock steady.'' A flick of the wrist later, it's open. ''There you go. Ya know, you have to trust your instincts, you'd have opened it just fine.''

    OOC

    Thievery (1d20+11=29) +2 for Bell's assitance, so 31.

    Lucky roll, but I 'only' have +11, I doubt I beat Bell by more than 1 or 2 points. Statistically, it's better if one of us try and the other makes a full fledged roll if the first one fail.

    Hey, forget it, I thought you were trained!
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Thursday, 11th March, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    ooc
    She was when you're name was Kent.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #106
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    247

    Ignore taran
    Derien blinks. "Wait a minute," he says, "If Jemy and his contact passed through this door, who locked it behind them?"

  • #107
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Quote Originally Posted by taran View Post
    Derien blinks. "Wait a minute," he says, "If Jemy and his contact passed through this door, who locked it behind them?"
    -''Well, Derien and Martelai make good points. Our quarry didn't go through here... But I am not all that good at finding secret passage and we have an entrance right here. I say we go in anyway.'' Charina says, almost pleading. She is feeling the pressure of finding Merryl.

  • #108
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    "Yes, we should move quickly," agrees Ikni.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #109
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    247

    Ignore taran
    Derien shrugs. "Very well. You first, Ikni, and then me, Martelai, Rhole, Charina, and Bell?"
    OOC
    Let's get this party started, I'm ready into inflict gobs of radiant damage on some hapless undead.

  • #110
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    Ikni nudges the door open with a foot, and, sword ready, leads the way into the mausoleum.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    3. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •