D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 12




+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 350
  1. #111
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    The group enter the mausoleum. They see a vast room with a few sarcophagus. Nothing unexpected from a mausoleum except an angel looking down, sword in hand. When the group looks at what stare the angel, they find a hole in the floor. One of the stone plate that cover the floor have been moved and you see stairs going down. At first sight, the stair leads to a very along corridor and poorly lighted by an strange glow coming from two row of angel that lay on each side of the wall.

    OOC
    The corrdior is 2 square wide, goes very far, beyong what you can see from up the stair, and the light is dim.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #112
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    poorly lighted by an strange glow coming from two row of angel that lay on each side of the wall.
    This is screaming "trap" to me. One of you high-perception types want to have a look?
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #113
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: Are there footprints in the dust on the floor? Was there any traffic through the door or some other hidden entrance?

  • #114

  • #115
    More Perception
    17. Ouch. Well, my passive Perception is 24, that's worth something, right?

  • #116
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "Neat! Humanoid degradation social ritual areas." She smiles and looks in.

    ooc
    I'm not even going to attempt a roll.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #117
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    From the inspection, the group conclude that no one have come that way for a long time. The dust have gathered on the ground and in the stairs and the only dust that have been disturb is the mausoleum floor and it have been disturb by the group itself only.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #118
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''Well now I am starting to feel outright silly going in there. I was hoping for an alternate entrance but no one has been here in ages. Why the hell do you bother chaining up a place you never go to? Maybe to keep things IN. We probably should lock this back up and seriously look for the secret entrance the others used.'' Charina says resignedly.

    OOC
    Well, this is ridiculous. Let's just take 20 and search that cemetary to find where Jemny went. We find them or they find us.

  • #119
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    Martelai leaves and looks around. He looks from the mausoleum toward the gate and notes which tombstones are on the path or close to it. He then looks UP on the mausoleum just in case they didn't enter, but just used it somehow to get to another place.

    (use as you see fit: Perception +2; Insight +2; Streetwise +10; Thievery +2 to notice where they went (tracks) or guess what they did)

  • #120
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Bell seems slightly disappointed in not being able to explore the mausoleum but shrugs and complies. "If we split up it may be easier. . . and more dramatic. Everyone pick a buddy." She scans the group, purposefully scanning past Martelai. "I pick Rock!" She then begins looking for clues.

    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    3. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •