[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
-= Party =-

Charina - Drow Rogue 3 (Mal Malenkirk)
Bell Jabson - Shadar-Kai Bard 2 (ScorpiusRisk)
Martelai Luinil - Half-Elf Warlock 2 (Neurotic)
Rhole - Gnome Bard 2 (Dunamin)
Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 3 (taran)
Ikniqpalagaq - Genasi Swordmage 3 (covaithe)

-= XP Award =-

None

-= Treasure Award =-

None

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
The group, led by Nelly, arrive in front of a large warehouse. The warehouse seems to crumble down slowly. The roof have holes, the walls are dirty with some tags. The door seems chained and locked with a sign telling no trespasser was allowed inside and another telling the building is dangerous.

Nelly lead them in a small alley passing between that warehouse and the next, and there, they see a gnome-size hole in the wall. After Nelly enter it, everyone follow her.

Inside there seems to be a small community. About twenty person seems to be installed and live in here. Small house made of plank of wood, hay and anything that can easily be found seems to give shelter to the community. People stops to talk when the group enter the place and look at them suspiciously.

"Hey, what are you doing here, you are not wel..." says a young man. This one seems more healthy than the majority, and even wear a short sword at his belt. When he see Nelly and Charina among the group, he seems to relax a bit. "I was hoping I would never see you again. And why do you bring your friend. You know the rules, no strangers should come here. And why Nelly is with you? She is suppose to be with Merryl."

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Character Careers]
All character careers have been updated for each character in this adventure.

Please check here to make sure there are no errors.
here
Enjoy the adventure!

dimsdale
(L4W Archivist)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni crouches low through the hole, following Charina. Her eyes automatically scan the room as she waits, impassive, for the rogue to take the lead.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Hey, what are you doing here, you are not wel..." says a young man. This one seems more healthy than the majority, and even wear a short sword at his belt. When he see Nelly and Charina among the group, he seems to relax a bit. "I was hoping I would never see you again. And why do you bring your friend. You know the rules, no strangers should come here. And why Nelly is with you? She is suppose to be with Merryl."

-''Well, hi to you too Pasquale. Sorry, I don't have much time to coddle your bruised ego. Merryl is missing along with all the kids who were with her except for Nelly. She says they have been kidnapped. She came to find me so here I am, with a handful of associates, intent on saving Merryl. Now I need you people to stop gaping in shock at the news and start putting your head together to help me find our missing friend.''

Charina turns to Nelly and takes her hand.

-''Go ahead sweetie, tell your friends everything you remember about the bad people who took Merryl. I am sure they will recognize something that will help us.''

[sblock=OOC]I switched my color in deference to Rhole. He had it longer than me.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Nelly seems still nervous from the event, but she gathered enough courage to tell her story again. "Jemny disappeared a few day ago. But he seldom did that, when he was spying a prey for his habit, so Merryl wasn't concerned. Then Harold disappeared the next day. The day after, it was Ricky and Jane. Merryl didn't liked that. She asked me to stay hidden and wait for her return. But the night had pass and she never came back. But Merryl never left me alone that long." Nelly wipe a tear from her cheek and hug Charina to gain some comfort.

Pasqual listen to Nelly. He shook his head gently, as he generally do to tells 'I told you so'. He raise his hands to show the people around him. "As you see, we are crowded here. Our territory starts to be too small to take care of everyone without attracting the attention of the authorities. Merryl have been too good with the people and now we are at risk to lose everything we have build. So Merryl decided it was time to expend our territory."

"I told Merryl it was a nonsense to do that" tells Pasqual. "Rumors had spread lately. Rinch is supposed to be dead, and for good now. A band of crazy heroes have killed him and prevented his return. I was not convince the rumors was true. Each time everyone had thought the guy dead, he had returned. But his lieutenant Jarec and most of his inner circle are either dead or in prison. There organisation, at least what is left, is disorganized and weak. Merryl thought it was the best time."

"Two weeks ago, she tooks a few volunteers and they head to establish an hideout. It was Jemny, Harold, Ricky, Jane and Nelly who had followed Merryl. I don't know where they have gone. Jane came back last week with a bag of gold, things seemed to get right, but things have changed it seems. That's all I know."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai follows in silence, his life in Bacarte hardened him to plight of the poor. But seeing children threatened by stupidity and arrogance of their elders always put him on edge.

"We're here to help. Does anyone of you know anything more? Maybe you were scouting with one of Meryl's gang and talked about something new or weird? Anything could be important!"

Velmont

First Post
"I don't know anything more, and while Merryl is away, I'm in charge of here, so pretty unlikely that anyone else here will know anything more... except maybe Nelly, she was with Merryl after all." he adds, looking at the young girl who still seems nervous.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Pasqual listen to Nelly. He shook his head gently, as he generally do to tells 'I told you so'. He raise his hands to show the people around him. "As you see, we are crowded here. Our territory starts to be too small to take care of everyone without attracting the attention of the authorities. Merryl have been too good with the people and now we are at risk to lose everything we have build. So Merryl decided it was time to expend our territory."

"I told Merryl it was a nonsense to do that" tells Pasqual.[/COLOR]

-''Hush. If you are not gaining ground, you are losing ground. It's a basic lesson of life. When you face a setback, you don't conclude you were wrong to fight, you conclude you must fight harder.'' Charina says, pensively. ''Okay, sounds like Merryl ran afoul of either what's left of Rinch's gang or of competitors who also wanted to move in on the same territory. Mind you, Merryl's crew are just pickpockets and panhandlers. A normal street gang would be more likely to insist they get a cut of the action... No profit in the kidnapping them.''

"I don't know anything more, and while Merryl is away, I'm in charge of here, so pretty unlikely that anyone else here will know anything more... except maybe Nelly, she was with Merryl after all." he adds, looking at the young girl who still seems nervous.

-''Well, you at least got that right. How about it, Nelly? I am heading for the hideout, now. Can you tell me anything else to help our friend, before I go? Don't worry, you will be safe here while I go get Merryl.''

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases