D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 14


What's on your mind?

  1. #131
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    "Well we've got about a fifty percent chance of not being attacked by a mechanism when we enter and an equal yet separate chance of already having alerted them to our presence, so let's proceed in our predetermined order. . . .kay?"

    Bell smiles and heads toward the back of the group.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #132
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    "Right," Ikni nods, and proceeds as before, sword at the ready.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #133
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    The group climb down the stairs and to their relief, no trap fall on their head. They walk on over thirty feet in the corridor before it turns left. You quickly see yourself at the intersection of the long gloomy hall, but that time, at the other end.

    On your right, you hears a voice. "Who are they?" shouts an angry voice of a women. They group cannot hears the reply. Only some mumbling, probably the dockworker.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #134
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,133
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    As they walk down the corridor, Martelai pulls shadows around him and pulls out magic-eating leg of the broodlord keeping it ready for action. In his left hand he takes the dagger, just in case he needs to punish some spellcaster for casting too close.

    OOC: shadow walk and draw rod of corruption and dagger

  • #135
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Charina sticks to shadow and cover.

    stealth (1d20+15=28)

  • #136
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dunamin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,149
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dunamin
    My communities:

    Rock fades out of view and glides in slowly to investigate. He approaches just close enough to catch sight of the angry woman and those at her side, before returning to deliver a whispered report.

    An excited Rhole turns to his companions to place a finger on his lips, a completely unnecessary gesture.

    Getting Ready
    Rhole places himself at the center of the group, without clustering up with anyone. Note that he is already armed.

  • #137
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    Ikni eagerly forges ahead, entering the room boldly, sword at the ready.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #138
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    Ikni enters the room, followed by the other while Charina stay hidden. The room is a large crypt with many sarcophagus. Most are barely decorated at the entrance while one is is put into evidence, with lots of decoration. This crypt was probably the resting place of a noble who have been buried with his servant. The remaining of his family must be in the mausoleum you have visited earlier.

    You also cannot miss a large angel. This seems a recent addition. The angel is wielding a sword in a hand and seems to cast a spell with the others. Both the sword and the free hands glow with a dark energy.

    As show bust into the crypt, you see on your left, Harold standing and watching over Ricky and Jane, who are both tied up. Derien seems to have a strange feeling about Harold. After a moment, he understands that an illusion have been put over him so he could look like as he was while living, but feeling the necrotic energy of this room, he doubt that he is alive anymore. Ricky and Jane seems still well alive and starts to try to undo their bounds at the sight of the group.

    In the back of the room, you see a bladeling who seems to have started a ritual while two Ghouls restrain Merryl, who seems paralyzed. The dark energy slowly extend to her, and should reach her in a few minutes. Again, Derien have the feeling that this bladeling have fallen too under the same curse than Harold.

    On their right, they see a drow talking to the dockworker and Jemny. The little girl looks to have also been a victim of the curse. The drow interrupt the conversation as she see the group. She starts to ask Ikni "Aren't you the one who... no, you don't fit my report. And I don't see the deva with you. What bring you in this sanctum, strangers?"

    OOC
    Map here.

    Charina is hidden.

    The three halfling are Merryl and two kids that have been kidnnaped.

    The two gnomes are Harold and Jemny. Thanks to Derien passive Insight, he pierce the illusion and see they are undead hidden under an illusion. The bladeling seems also to be an undead.

    The human is the dockworker.

    The drow seems plainly alive.

    The sarcophagus near the doors are low. They are difficult terrain and they can give cover to anyone who is prone.


    Status
    Map Updated

    Bell: 30/30, 1AP
    Charina: 34/34, 1AP, Hidden
    Derien: 36/36, 1AP
    Ikni: 43/43, 1AP
    Martelai: 33/33, 1AP
    Rhole: 29/29, 1AP
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #139
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,133
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    Whispering so he's not clearly heard Martelai waits to see who's to be killed:
    "Bah! Who's who here? Who do we attack?"

    Then somewhat louder
    "You, dockhand, come here! "

    "Excuse us, madam, this one here shirked his duty and has stolen something from one of the captains, we were hired to get him back and we followed him back here. If you'll bear with us for a moment, we'll be out in a moment."

    OOC: Feel free to roll whatever you think appropriate (probably Bluff?) and init. Once the targets are identfied I'll take full round action (speech is free, righht?)

  • #140
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    The dockworker stares at Martelai than at the drow. "Why those pesky little lies?" she tells "You are a silver tongue Half-elf, but you won't fool me. He has already told you were searching us, but he didn't had the time to tell the whole story. Maybe you would like to speak. That might be healthier for you."

    OOC
    Initiative will be roll by me as soon as someone want to do an aggressive action, which isn't happening yet.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 06:50 PM
    3. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •