D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 15

What's on your mind?

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore taran
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    "You are a silver tongue Half-elf, but you won't fool me. He has already told you were searching us, but he didn't had the time to tell the whole story. Maybe you would like to speak. That might be healthier for you."
    "No no, you first. What are those undead doing here, and why have you disguised them as gnomes?"

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

OOC
    They are not disguised as gnome... sorry for the misunderstanding. The two 'gnomes' on the map looks like Harold and Jemny, two kids that have disappeared. The bladeling is also an undead, but you haven't seen it before.

"I see you are more perceptive than the average man, elf. I should not be surprise from one of your kind. They are more usefull than the old undeads of Rinch, as they can walk the street with little chance to be spotted as such. A creation of Frederic and I. But I made sure to test it on Frederic." she tells pointing at the bladeling.
    Last edited by Velmont; Thursday, 18th March, 2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

"Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore taran
    ooc
    So just to make sure I've got this straight: there are two gnomes, they're Harold and Jemy, and they're undead? And only the undead-ness is covered by the illusion? And the same for the bladeling?

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

"I've heard enough!" Bell steps forward, her sword out before her. "You are clearly evil a drow, kidnapping people, and then practicing necromancy on them. Sounds evil to me. You'd have to escape at least twice in order to build up enough drama to even have a chance at being a redeemable future gray hero."

She takes a dramatic battle stance. "We are heroes, here to save that child. I offer you the customary chance to surrender, which you will only accept if you plan on some kind of trickery."

ooc
    Bell moves to E5.

I don't think there are any actual gnomes. Only undead disguised as children.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Charina shoots the zombie Jemny. Stupid, stupid. Why didn't she see it? It's her duty to put her down. And why is there a strange feeling of constriction in Charina's throat?

-"Sorry, Jemny." she whispers.

OOC
    If no one sees me, that means I get a surprise round! Boom. Shoot her in the throat.

Sly Flourish vs AC (1d20+11=20, 1d10+9+2d6=18)

Upon verification, damage for sly flourish for Charina Redux (as per the file I sent you) is 1d10+8 as I lowered my CHA. So damage is 17

To save you the trouble:

initiative (1d10+10=19)

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

ooc: Now that I've finally figured the map out (hard to tell a human from a halfling from just their faces), just waiting for initiative.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

OOC
    Scorpius is right. They are only kids. I just use Gnome token of the map, but there is no gnome here, only human kids and undead human kids... and more undead

By the way, this is a short adventure, this is already the last fight as you have successfully gone through a skill challenge, so give up all! Because I will.

"I couldn't allow competition on my territory. This is not evil, this is business." she replies just before a bolt hit solidly in the shoulder of Jemny. "Kill them!"

With a lightning reflexes, the two ghouls obey Sherryl's order. The first charge Ikni and barely slash him. The wound is painfull, but she feels the energy draining from her legs.

The second ghoul move next to Ikni. Immobilized, Ikni become an easy prey for the Ghoul who bites Ikni in the shoulder. The Genasi feels even more of her life energy being drained and lose completely her attention.

OOC
    First Ghoul charge at Claw vs AC; Ikni (1d20+14=21, 1d6+54=11) Hit for 11 damage and Ikni is immobolized (save ends)

Second Ghoul move next to Ikni: Ghoulish Bite vs AC; Ikni (1d20+11=28), Ghoulish Bite Damage (3d6+5=15) Ikni is also stunned (save ends)

Ikni is also bloodied by the last attack.

If I understand well, Ikni had bad experience with undead... and it's not finished it seems. And no, none of these damage were necrotic. Now, will 3 Leader be enough to keep Ikni alive?

Charina, Rhole and Martelai are up...

Status
    Map Updated

Initiative:
    27: Ghouls
    23: Charina
    21: Rhole
    19: Martelai
    17: Dreadclaws
    11: Derien
    11: Bell
    7: Sherryl
    3: Ikni

Bell: 30/30, 1AP
    Charina: 34/34, 1AP
    Derien: 36/36, 1AP
    Ikni: 17/43, 1AP, Bloodied, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
    Martelai: 33/33, 1AP
    Rhole: 29/29, 1AP

Jemny: -17
    Last edited by Velmont; Thursday, 18th March, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Characters
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

"Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

ooc: Could you just double check the attack bonus on that first ghoul's claw, please? IC says +13, but your post says +14, whereas a standard ghoul has +12. Just want to check that the +1 from charge wasn't added twice by mistake. Since Ikni's AC is 21, it matters quite a bit, in this case. Also, Ikni is female, thanks.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

OOC
    ]Who told they are standard Ghoul? IC tells 13 because I forgot a modifier. When I saw I had miss by 1, I made my math again and found it should be 14. He got +1 from charge (included in the IC roll) and another +1 to hit from a source yet unknown to your group.
    Characters
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

ooc: I have no idea if they're standard ghouls. I just thought it was worth asking, since the mystery +1 means the difference between hitting and missing. Thanks for checking.
    My games

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast