D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 6


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 350
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    ooc
    Well, before I think of a good reason, what exactly is the situation?

    Bell's intention was to run down the alley. Is there no clear path? Or am I dodging something that I don't know what's there?
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    OOC
    Well, your target is running, as you are, but who is the fastest? How do you proceed to catch up on him. I suppose you want to catch him up.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #53
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Bell sees the target getting farther away and suddenly changes tact. If this works, it will be so cool. She brings her shield back down so she can see. Then she strays from the clear path, to a more direct one. She plants her foot on one of the boxes, pushes off and try's to bounce off the wall in order to get over the debris.

    ooc
    Ah, I understand now.

    20 Perception to pick a good path, 6 for an acrobatic stunt.

    Considering the base for an acrobatic stunt is 15 I assume I fail.
    Would you consider letting me activate Shadow Jaunt before I hit the ground?
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #54
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,083
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    Initially, Martelai smiles at Bells childish notions of drama, but as the target really starts running his instincts kick in.
    "Stop, we just want to talk!" he shouts toward fleeing man.
    Waiting a moment to see if he stops (assuming not) he calls the attention of Ulban on the man and fires off confusing bolt toward the target.
    Assuming the target is withing 10 squares, non-lethal eldritch blast

    Drawing on his intimate knowledge of Bacarte dock side he quickly creates probable map of streets around warehouses and pulls Charina in tangential ally trying to cut off fleeing man.
    "Keep chasing him, we'll cut him off!" he tells the rest of the group

    Streetwise (1d20+10=25)

    OOC
    I know it's not great idea to split the party, but I'm guessing we'll be at most one round away from you at any moment and even if ambushed we will have some advantage by attacking from two directions?

    And Velmont didn't announce skill challenge. Yet.
    Last edited by Neurotic; Friday, 5th March, 2010 at 10:18 PM.

  • #55
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    Bell starts to run after the man. While Martelai shouts at the man. The man doesn't seem to hear the warlock or just ignore him.

    Bell steps on a box and try to jump, using the wall to make a rebound and land on a box on the other side of the alley. After a perfect landing, she continue to run.

    The man being out of range of her powers, Martelai quickly run by using another path, but knowing it would clear, she rush like her life was in the balance.

    Bell seems to catch up when she tries again to jump over a trash can the man have knock down in the alley. As she steps on the box, the rotten wood fail under her. She use her innate ability to teleport nearer but appears a few feet short to catch his ankle.

    The man take a turn while looking behind at his pursuer who is now laying prone in the smelly mud of the street. As he is about to take a sprint to loose his pursuer, Martelai appear in front of him. He stop and look behind. Bell is there, and there is no way for him to escape. The man is trap.
    Last edited by Velmont; Friday, 5th March, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #56
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''Gimme back my friend, you jackass!'' Charina shouts, losing all of her earlier perspective.

    She runs after the suspect, favoring the direct route. She vaults above crates, cuts corners, slide under carts, sommersaults above obstacles by kicking off the wall and even once snatch a pole from a merchant's stand (resulting in the stand's collapse) to vault above a thick crowd of people shouting at each other over some meaningless dispute.

    As soon as she has a clear shot, she aims her arbalest and shouts at the suspects:

    -''Freeze or I'm pinning you to the wall! And trust me, I ain't the kind to shoot through clothes (though I could, of course).''

    acrobatics (1d20+11=30)

  • #57
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    "Huzzah!" Bell screams, as stands up, raising her sword triumphantly. Her clothes slowly dripped with mud, but she did not seem to mind.

    "Now my friend, with the arbalest, has a few questions for you I believe."
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #58
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    After flying through the alley and over Bell, Charina threaten the man. As she appears in front of him, he steps back in fear and then look confused at the drow. "Who are you? What do you want?"
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #59
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''I am missing one halfling. She is yay high, has red hair, never stops smiling, leads a band of pickpocket, mostly kids who are also missing. Best guess is, they ran afoul of what's left of Rinch's gang. Say, wouldn't you qualify as an ex-member of that particular band of thugs?''

    Charina walks closer to the suspect, her arbalest aimed at him.

    -''I am very sad. My friend is in danger and I feel powerless; I need to take control. As a drow, I am thinking that shooting someone in the throat is the easiest way to make myself feel better. Know any good targets?''

  • #60
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "Sorry, but I don't know any red hair halfling. Even less an halfling who lead a gang of panhandler. I don't think I would be of any help of you. I just thought you were someone else. It's just a big misunderstanding." replies the man, keeping his hand high to show he is harmless and don't want to fight.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 06:50 PM
    3. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •