D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g) - Page 8





+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 350
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "We weren't? Oh that's good." Bell breathes a heavy, and very real sigh of relief. Adventurers can be very destructive. I'm glad to hear this was just an act.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    As everyone throw his question at the man, he seems confused and replies "One question at a time please." The man seems to calm down a bit as he see the group is less willing to give him some pain.

    He tells Derien "First, forget about my brother. He displeased Rinch when he forgot to feed some zombies. Because of that, he caused the zombie rampage at Fisherman's Alley. My brother was turned himself into a zombie. At least, he was released from that curse, may his soul rest."

    He then turn to Charina. "After what you, adventurers, have done to Rinch, I believe you can handle Frederic, but I don't have a clue where he can be found. The reason he is one of the few member of Rinch circle to have survived his fall: it is hard to find him.

    I don't have an idea either when they will contact me. They send me a kid yesterday night to make me an offer to join back there rank. I told him no, but he replied they would give me twenty-four hour to think about it. We are loading a ship today at the warehouse, I thought to go on that ship and make me forget before they contact me again. But if they are true to their words, they will probably contact me tonight, and as I just started my shift at the warehouse and I'm suppose to finish at midnight, good guess it will be there they will try to contact me again."
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #73
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,037

    Ignore Neurotic

    Martelai Luinil, half-elf starlock

    OOC: I think everyone speaks imperial, elven, drow, shadar-kai, other equivalent, yes? Ikni?
    Elven

    "We can spend some time looking around and make an ambush as night approaches. By waiting we risk loosing the trail, by searching we risk tipping our hand. I say we search the warehouse. If we find nothing suspicious we can follow this guy and see who comes knocking."
    Last edited by Neurotic; Monday, 8th March, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

  • #74
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    Ikni looks blankly, then belatedly tries to hide her incomprehension with a mask of stoic resolve.

    ooc

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    OOC: I think everyone speaks imperial, elven, drow, shadar-kai, other equivalent, yes? Ikni?
    Sorry, only common and primordial.

    On an unrelated matter, could we make an attempt, when your post doesn't make it clear what your character's name is, to put your character's name in the title field? I haven't quite internalized yet which character is played by who in this team.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #75
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    The man stare a moment at Martelai, confused. He obviously didn't understand what have been told but he decided to keep his mouth shut, considering his situation.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #76
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''We are going to use him as bait!'' Charina says enthusiastically. ''I am going to hide near the exit. People good at blending in will disguise themselves as warehouse workers to give you close protection. Those who are neither good at blending in or melting in shadows will hide behind the building I am sniping from, ready to rush in. So our terrified friend here will finish his shift, go out through the exit and wait for them, as if ready to give them a positive answer. Then BAM! several people get shot in the throat! But not too many, we need at least one alive. Don't be too bloodthirsty, guys!''

    Charina claps her hands happily.

    -''Oh, this is such a good plan. All right, keep an eye on him. I am taking position right now.''

    Charina then rushes into the shadows, disappearing into the night like a ghost.

    Spoiler:

    stealth (1d20+15=30)
    no -5 for moving full speed so 'rush' is the appropriate verb!
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Wednesday, 10th March, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

  • #77
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    "Wh... What? I want to leave the city today, I want..." he then suddenly shut his mouth and make a step behind, putting his back to the wall and make himself small. He had remembered that he is talking to six heavily armed, angry and bloodthirsty adventurers.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #78
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "Oh fun!" She says excited and then gets quite serious. "I am a dock worker." Bell then skips away. . . not very convincingly.

    ooc
    Bluff 10, which is the worst bluff Bell can do. Maybe someone should tell her to try hiding.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #79
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    Ikni looks around for anyone who's armed, but not in uniform, perhaps a foreman or a guard. She tries to stand how they're standing, scanning the scene as if she were bored, but her hand twitches nervously toward her sword whenever someone enters the area.

    ooc: Bluff 2. What can I say; Ikni's more of a kick-in-the-door type gal.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #80
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dunamin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,149

    Ignore Dunamin
    Public Image
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    He had remembered that he is talking to six heavily armed, angry and bloodthirsty adventurers.
    Actually, I dont think our group looks imposing at all. Rhole, at least, is neither armed, angry, nor bloodthirsty.


    You know, as a world-famous island-touring revolutionary musician, Im not so sure about feeling this whole blending-in-with-the-crowd thing. Off vibes is what Im getting

    Rhole looks around and considers his options for a cunning disguise. He scratches his hair in thought, then searches it, and finally pulls out a pipe and eye-patch (looks like they've been hidden in there for quite a while). Following his cue, Rock pulls out a tiny stone harmonica as well.

    Yarrr! I be playin the part of a seafarin' salty ol dog instead, ye scurvy scallywags!

    Rhole stirs up his goatee and sideburns, before lumbering away to a good vantage point while mumbling savvy and yohoho to himself. Its unclear whether hes trying to improvise a limp or simply is imagining himself having a wooden peg-leg. Regardless, the gnome manages to pass off surprisingly well as a crazed sailor with a funky banjo, and the warehouse workers willfully tend to ignore him as such.

    Bluff 33 (Natural 20!)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    3. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •