Proposal: Let Players Sell Stuff to Other Players

KenHood

First Post
The title says it all.

If passed, how about we make an 'Auction House' (or somesuch) thread to arrange the niceties of the transaction, then have the players do the exchange in character in the Tavern or wherever they can meet?

renau1g

First Post
Actually I think I should wait to see what the proposal actually is before voting.

Ken are you saying they should be able to sell for PHB values, 20% of PHB values, or something in between? I'd like to have more details, right now this proposal actually doesn't say much.

Dekana

Explorer
Are there any restrictions on this proposal? As written, it's just "sell items for whatever price."

I think it's a bad idea in any case.

elecgraystone

First Post
As others have said this proposal needs neatened up and a link should be put in to the other sell item thread. I can't really weight in without the details of selling.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, that's why I voted no, there's really nothing here other than wild wild west sorta feel. Lends itself to particular abusive situation if say a PC has decided to leave L4W and says "hey other PC here's everything of mine for 1 gold". Without rules the judges can't step in without overstepping our bounds.

I think Ken's talking about a free market similar to MMO's where users list stuff for sale and other players buy it.

Elec - I linked to it in my post - just under Ken's

BenBrown

First Post
I'm never sure what the purpose of these threads is. If it's merely a way to swap magic items you don't want for those you do, without losing money, here's a counter-proposal:

Each level, in addition to the allowed retraining, allow characters to swap out one magic item for an item of equivalent power level.

(okay, putting this in a proposal thread isn't such a good idea, but I just thought of it).

Mewness

First Post
I'm very much against any kind of items market and any kind of item exchange between players that isn't kept entirely inside an adventure. The economy is a massive abstraction and I'd like to leave it that way. This was gone over quite thoroughly in the previous thread.

I do think something like Ben's idea could work, i.e. swapping out an item as part of retraining. As long as you don't get anything additional back for swapping out, say, a level 4 item for a level 3 item.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases