Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Conversion

dpmcalister

Explorer
I'm starting a new group in a couple of months and Pathfinder or Savage Worlds look to be the systems of choice. I've had War of the Burning Sky since it first came out (and, unfortunately, have never run it). I want to change that with this new group and wonder if anyone had converted it to Pathfinder (or Savage Worlds!). I doubt it's that difficult but I'm in the middle of selling and buying a house so anything that saves me some time will be gratefully accepted.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I must admit that I'd love to release a Pathfinder version of the saga. I'm not aware that anyone's converted it, and I'm definitely not qualified to do so. If there is anyone out there who thinks they could do a good job, talk to me!

Jhaelen

First Post
What changes would need to be done to the 3e version for Pathfinder? Couldn't you pretty much use it as-is? I'd think a separate 'update' document would be sufficient.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Depends on the monsters - a lot of "neener neener, you picked the wrong spell/class/weapon material" stuff got trimmed down. Rogues can rely on their sneak attack for the majority of any adventure now, for example, even against many undead.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
WoBS 3e to Pathfinder

I think the conversion from WoBS 3e to Pathfinder would be quite easy to do, and could almost be used as is. Some buffs to NPCs, and major monsters especially major ones to PF rather than 3e while keeping the minions as is would also work.

@Morrus, I'd volunteer on a conversion for you, except that I'm tied up in two publications right now and would be pressed for time to get that to you in a timely manner, though I am interested.

GP

Kaisoku

First Post
I'm currently running a group through WotBS using Pathfinder rules, and am converting things on the way. I've been able to get by with quick conversion rules (quickly coming up with Combat Maneuvers, redoing skills, etc).
A true conversion would take time, but I've started doing that in my down time recently as my players are occasionally letting Real Life encroach on our game-time.

I've done up to the 4th adventure so far, and have converted all but the last chapter in stats.

There's a few things that haven't had a Pathfinder conversion yet (some monsters missing from the bestiary that I've had to convert using the pathfinder CR monster advancement rules), and there's some classes in the 'about to be released' Advanced Player's Guide that would be awesome for certain characters (I've been using the beta rules so far).

The APG will be OGL as well, and should be available for converting WotBS when it's released.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases