Next Adventure Path?

I'm just going to chime in and say I'm not a fan of Adventure paths (for any publisher, and no matter whether it's 3E, Pathfinder, or 4E).

I'd rather they do some less linear adventures.

I'd like to see more keyed maps, detailed locations, cool encounters, and interesting villains.

Deverash

First Post
Alternatively, future adventure paths could cover certain levels in a spread across the tiers, say two adventures per tier, or a six adventure arch. I wouldn't mind playing a story told in something like levels 1-2, 7-8, 11-12, 17-18, 21-22 and 29-30.

With something like that, DMs could inject more adventures in between as they liked, or a group could play through just the path and either have time pass between them or not concern themselves with the numbers so much as the level progression.

Eh, just a thought.

This sounds like a great idea.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Less long paths, more short paths. Either single shot adventures, or 2-3 long is what I want from Dungeon. Really, I want 2-3 Chaos Scar adventures, and 2-3 medium length adventures every month. Of those, 1 could be an ongoing story, but I'd not want the story to "ongo" for more than 2-3 months...and, I know that is a lot to ask.

Netherstorm

First Post
Scales of War is more or less set up as three tiers of story.

Heroic Tier: The villainy of Sarshan.. you finally kill the guy at the start of paragon in a really really cool adventure

Paragon Tier: the githyanki invasion... culminates in the assault of Zetch'r'r'r himself...

Epic Tier: Kill Tiamat.

I think that's intended by them. The adventures also feel as if you could run any of them independent of the others.

I love adventure paths and am really hoping a new one starts up in about two months. I hope Lolth is the main villain...

shmoo2

First Post
Alternatively, future adventure paths could cover certain levels in a spread across the tiers, say two adventures per tier, or a six adventure arch. I wouldn't mind playing a story told in something like levels 1-2, 7-8, 11-12, 17-18, 21-22 and 29-30.

Yeah, great idea.

Stoat

Adventurer
@Netherstorm.

You're right. However, I don't think the Heroic tier adventures hang together as well as the Paragon and Epic tier adventures. IMO, Scales of War would have been better received if it set out the terms of the heroic tier conflict much earlier.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases