Next Adventure Path?

Pour

First Post
Has there been any news on Dragon's next adventure path? I have to imagine they're working on another one, right? I think after all they learned in Scales of War, they'd be primed to make an even better series.

What sorts of adventure paths haven't been done yet? I'd like to see something like rival adventuring parties questing after loot or something.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I am not a DDI guy, but it they put the whole Scales path out as a book, or a PDF, I would strongly consider buying it. (Yes, I know I could sign up for a single month, but I won't do it) and would be interested to see a good AP come up next, too. I think APS are good for WOTC and the hobby, though I think Dungeon could try to make more general appeal adventures also.

Truename

First Post
I think it's Chaos Scar. It's not an Adventure Path, exactly, but it's a series of linked adventures and it looks like they have long-term plans for it.

What sorts of adventure paths haven't been done yet? I'd like to see something like rival adventuring parties questing after loot or something.

I think the Pathfinder AP that Piratecat is writing an adventure for has a bit of this in it. Obviously since the path is still 6 months from starting I don't know a lot about it but it could be what you're after.

Also there is a single Pathfinder adventure that has the PC's racing other adventuring parties to find some sort of treasure. I think it is an Egyptian style adventure.

Olaf the Stout

Holy Bovine

First Post
I would actually like for there not to be another adventure path in Dungeon for at least a year. What I would like is lots of one-shot adventures for the late heroic/early paragon tiers as well as a few epic level adventures. At most I'd like to see a 3-4 part adventure. I'm burned out on APs still.

brainstorm

First Post
I'd like to see a 4E reboot of the Age of Worms. For new APs, I'd like to see a Zombie Apocalypse-type campaign, a Dragon Apocalypse campaign, a Far Realm incursion campaign, or a campaign that could lead a normal fantasy world to end up like Athas (in preparation for, you know, Dark Sun).

Festivus

First Post
I like the direction they are going with Chaos Scar, and hope that sort of thing continues. I would also very much like to see a return to publishing adventures from the player base. So of my favorite adventures in the past were made by people I had never heard of before.

Pour

First Post
Admittedly I've only looked at one or two Chaos Scar adventures, but is the paradigm actually increasing in levels now? I only saw very low level stuff, but if it does increase with Keep on the Chaos Scar and future adventures then awesome. Chaos Scar could end up being the love child of APs and Dungeon Delve, and more useful than either, easy enough to drop in any game but meaty enough to make it worth while.

The idea of 3-or-4-part adventures is also really appealing and seems the MOST ideal for me. I have my own homebrew with my own large and small plots, and adapting one adventure from APs fails to readily give me adequate framework for a larger story (the equivalent of multiple, related adventures) without adopting some, if not all, of the AP's larger themes. Maybe that's not entirely true, but it requires a lot of forethought and finagling on my part. I'd prefer a trilogy or quartet of adventures, like the Slavelords for 4e, wherein there is a story that could be adapted to my world but, even more importantly, stretched and connected beyond the ken of just one adventure to bring more memorable oomph.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases