Episode I
    THE TRAITORíS GAMBIT
    It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has spread
    from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere
    the Empireís tyranny can be felt.
    Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperorís minions, agents of
    Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above
    Brentaal. Known to be a vocal opponent of the Empire,
    Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy.
    In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can
    reach the Senator, the Empire has alerted its forces on
    Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on,
    and the first sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .
    Setup Rules

*Four first level characters, stats generated by 28 point buy.
    **Disallowed Species (due to era): Chiss, Ewok, Felucian, Nagai, Rakata, Yuuzhan Vong. Pretty much everything else is allowed, within reason.
    **The group can have as many Force-sensitives as possible, but only one member may be a trained Jedi.
    *All books legal.
    *For additional information, please consult the RPGA Campaign Standards for further character generation rules.

Please let me know in this thread if there are any questions.
    Last edited by possum; Wednesday, 3rd November, 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Nebten
    I am interested in playing I can get a character set up with in the day. I am looking at either playing a human Jedi or a Scoundrel.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ý Ignore Blackrat
    I suppose you dislike the idea of players knowing the campaing through... I would really love to play, but running the campaign myself on table, I guess it wouldn't really work too well. Bummer since I like your games Possum
    Back to PBP:
    After Earth, OOC, RG

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore possum
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebten View Post
    I am interested in playing I can get a character set up with in the day. I am looking at either playing a human Jedi or a Scoundrel.
    Sounds okay, let me see what you come up with when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    I suppose you dislike the idea of players knowing the campaing through... I would really love to play, but running the campaign myself on table, I guess it wouldn't really work too well. Bummer since I like your games Possum
    As long as you don't consciously metagame, I have absolutely no problem with it. Welcome aboard if you still want in.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ý Ignore Blackrat
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    As long as you don't consciously metagame, I have absolutely no problem with it. Welcome aboard if you still want in.
    I'll see how much interest this generates first. If you get the four up easily, I'll gladly follow the game from the shadows . There is some stuff that make it hard not to metagame if you already know it. But if there will be a spot left open, I can fill it up. Possibly with something that won't have as much impact, like a droid owned by one of the other characters...
    Back to PBP:
    After Earth, OOC, RG

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Ambrus
    I'd be interested in playing; a droid character if possible. Perhaps some sort of old station maintenance tech-focused droid. Out of curiosity, why aren't stock droid characters permitted?
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Songdragon
    One thing in most of my posts I considered that the entire group was together. There would not be such an important conversation without everyone... especially when I say Mir looks at Mack and Darius and then it somehow said that they are not all together.

Is it really necessary to go back and finish each and every little conversation or small action? Maybe an important event, that may warrant such, but not each thing we seem to do. If Sloor wanted to see the message he did not have to leave the entire group to do so and then have some conversation and then come back. I can be written that he saw it and then came back and still with the group. PM is not the only one having issues with always going back and splitting the timeline up.

3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Binder Fred
    I guess he could have come back to the mess hall just after... But why would he when the persons he wanted to talk to where already there in the cockpit? And what stopped/is stopping Mir from coming forward if she wants to be in on that part of thing (I'm assuming we're talking about the present Sloor-Okeefe discussion, right?)? To Sloor's mind he's just gathering info on what *can* be done, and the thought that Mir needs to be there for some reason has not occured to him -- nor is likely to, honnestly. If Mir is wondering what they're discussing up front, she has plenty of tools at her disposal though: ask Darius when he comes back to the mess hall, lean into the central corridor and listen (they're not exactly being super discrete) or just wander up and ask.

We're drifting away from "different time-lines" and going into "never physically split up the group" territory here though. Both might be issues that need discussing, but we shouldn't confuse the two I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    Especially when I say Mir looks at Mack and Darius and then it somehow said that they are not all together.
    When did this occur? Recently? (I must admit that I missed it ). Mack and Darius did describe their respective scene exits pretty explicitly, I thought...

In any event, wouldn't the proposed "Ongoing thread" informational sblock take care of this kind of confusion?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Friday, 4th January, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore possum
    The thing is about the "separate subthreads" part is that there have been complaints about it from the others, and even I am beginning to get a little burnt out over the slower pace that they seem to begin. I know that it has the possibility to be helpful, but there have still been complaints about quoting IC posts in the IC thread. I've done it myself, but it does clutter up the thread. So, can we keep that to a minimum, say "Hey, GM, I think you missed this part."

Any questions? Comments?

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

Ý Ignore perrinmiller
    Actually this was the only game out of my 30+ where quoting posts was even tolerated. The crew here is experienced and good enough to role play without them.

I would say get rid of all the extra OOC cues as well. A good writer doesn't need them either. Just address the character being spoken to by name in the character's speech.

I think if those are removed, things will be easier to read and force things to be uncomplicated if the writer wants to have their post understood.

I don't think anyone objects to splitting party to do two things at once. The driving two different speeders, for example.

If we have a split party, then both groups should be active and we are accomplishing two things at once. This would speed the game up, not slow it down.

Any situation where we have characters sitting on the sidelines waiting, should be avoided. If it happens, the scene needs to be resolved in a few days RL so everyone is back playing again. It discourteous to exclude someone from play without their permission.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast