Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Skill Summary of Party Skills:
Sloor: Deception +9, Gather Info +9, Persuasion +9
TB: Treat Injury +14 w/ Surgical Expertise
Mir: Know Gal Lore +8, Survival +8
Mack: Know Tactics +7, Mechanics +9 (w/ visor), Use Computer +9 (w/ visor)

Sonja: Either Know Tactics +7 or Piloting +8, depending on the new character builds.

If possum okays five (we are just waiting on him to say "yes" I think) then we could use some more knowledge skills too perhaps.

I like the ideas of a noble and soldier techie, both geared towards range combat, if those are what you guys want to play. Noble with Wealth can mean mucho good equipment. :p Having another character with good persuasion wouldn't hurt either.

I am mulling over ideas for Sonja and Mack. I think with a good story, Mack's departure will add some more depth to Sloor. Sonja's background could easily have her on location and a previous participant in Darga's Arena. Maybe she needs rescuing from slavery and Mack dies in a brave, yet stupid attempt to save her, trading his life for her freedom leaving girl in Sloor's debt of honor in his memory. Then the besalisk can be a father figure if he is so concerned about the kids. ;)

re: other issue. It was hard to tell, I thought Mack did not have LOS so I readied an attack for maximum chance of success. In hindsight, I should have tossed a grenade to go for both. Even with the range penalty, I think my chances were better. :blush:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, roughly:

Mootay Utta, Duros Trader
Probable build - Noble2 (maybe educated talent and Linguist bonus feat)/Scoundrel 1 (probably spacehound talent). Could be willing to tajke a level in Scout (fringer) if a jury-rigging type was needed.
Personality - Mootay is a free trader who skirts the edges of legality, but is easy-going and knows no home except the space-ways. He's probably not overly committed to rebellion, but this new Empire is beginning to cramp his freedom. New rules, new laws, new burueacracy everywhere. He could well be an old associate of Sloor's.

"Boomer", Gungan Veteran
Probable build - Soldier 2 (with commando talent tree, probably demolitionist)/Noble 1 (with inspiration or leadership talent), maybe swap out a level of Soldier for one of Scout and take survivor or camouflage talent).
Personality - Boomer fought in the battle to drive the Trade Federation off Naboo. Once a mid-ranking member of the Grand Army, focussing on inflitration and explosives. He's quiet-spoken and likes to consider his actions carefully, but is also capable of adapting to combat situations on the fly. Boomer sees the formation of the Empire as a betrayal of all that he fought for. The Federation may be gone but what now replaces them is worse, and he has a vague understanding that the Empire was in some way responsible for the death of Padme Amidala, the first Naboo to try to understand the Gungans.

ahayford

First Post
Code:
Name: Zane Moraes    Age: 23
 Class: Soldier 2 / Noble 1
  Race: Human               Height: 6'1"                  
  Size: Medium              Weight: 190 lbs
  Eyes: Brown

Str: 10 +0 (02 p)     Level: 03             XP: xxx
Dex: 16 +3 (10 p)       BAB: +2             HP:  
Con: 14 +2 (06 p)     Force: 17
Int: 14 +2 (06 p)     Speed:  6  
Wis: 10 +0 (02 p)      Init: +4      
Cha: 10 +0 (02 p)       ACP: -2     

Defenses:  
         Total  Level/Armor  Class  Ability  Misc
   REF:     +7           +3     +1       +3  
  FORT:     +7           +3     +2       +2
  WILL:     +3           +3     +0       +0

Weapon                  Attack      Damage   Stun    Rate 

Blaster Carbine         2 + 3 = 5      3d8    2d8    S,A
Vibrodagger             2              2d4     

Languages: Basic

Talents:
    *Armored Defense
    *Born Leader

Feats:
    *Armor Proficiency (Light)
    *Armor Proficiency (Med)
    *Weapon Proficiency (Pistols)
    *Weapon Proficiency (Rifles)
    *Weapon Proficiency (Simple)
    *Linguist
    *Point Black Shot
    *Precise Shot

Skill Points: 6, Class 3, Int 2, human 1

Skills                 1/2 Level   Ability  Trained  Total
Acrobatics                    +1        +3       +0     +4
Climb                         +1        +0       +0     +1
Deception                     +1        +0       +0     +1
Endurance                     +1        +2       +0     +3
Gather Inf                    +1        +0       +0     +1
Initiative                    +1        +3       +5     +9
Jump                          +1        +0       +0     +1
Knowledge Tactics             +1        +2       +5     +8
Mechanics                     +1        +2       +5     +8
Perception                    +1        +0       +5     +6
Persuasion                    +1        +0       +0     +1
Pilot                         +1        +3       +5     +9
Ride                          +1        +3       +0     +4
Stealth                       +1        +3       +0     +4
Survival                      +1        +0       +0     +1
Swim                          +1        +0       +0     +1
Treat Injury                  +1        +0       +0     +1
Use Computer                  +1        +2       +5     +8

Equipment                               Cost     Weight
Vibrodagger                             200         1kg
Blaster Carbine                         900       2.2kg
Security Kit                            750         1kg
Power Recharger                         100         1kg
UtilityBelt                             500         4kg
    *Medkit
    *Toolkit
    *Power Pack
    *Glowrod
    *Comlink
    *Liquid Cable + Grapple
    *3 days food capsules

Money:

550 Credits

[sblock="Background"]
So...lets try this from the top then shall we.

The disembodied mechanical voice spoke from behind the brilliant white light that was currently shinning directly in Zane’s face. It cleared what was probably its throat and began asking its question for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

“Listen, can we speed this up? If you are going to space me I’d at least like to die while I still have all my hair.”

“Patience Mr. Moraes. An organization like ours needs to be very sure the people in its employ are who they say they are. You can understand the necessity of our our precautions I’m sure.”

Zane hefted his heavy republic issue combat boots up on the steel table in front of him and tried to get comfortable in the plasteel torture device that passed for a chair.

I’m not saying anything more until I at least get some coffee, I haven’t slept since you busted me out of prison. The blood your droid took isn’t helping me feel particularly cooperative”

“Very well Mr. Moraes.”

Not long after, a medical droid emerged from behind the corona of the light wit a simple tray carrying a plasteel mug of passable caffeine. Zane grabbed the mug and held it in his hands. The warmth felt good in his hands. He sometimes forgot how cold these ships could get. Despite its relatively poor quality, the coffee was amazing. It had been years since his last cup.

“Very civil of you...”

“Bael....you can call me Bael.”

“Very well then....Where shall I begin...”

“I grew up on a planet ripped apart by civil war. The war had been going on since before I was born, and continued through my adolescence. Eventually, the Jedi Council decided the conflict had lasted long enough and sent Master Rahm Kota to end it. I remember when he first arrived. He would come down to the refuge camps and speak to the people for hours. He gave us back our hope that we could change things. He took a bunch of homeless refuges and turned us into a fighting force. He is a great man......was a great man...hell I don’t know if he’s alive or dead.

Anyway.....After the civil war ended, we began picking up the pieces and putting our planet back together. Unfortunately, It was about that time that the Clone Wars were beginning to really kick into full swing. Kota’s force got conscripted into the Grand Republic Army. Our unit was one of the few non-clone forces in the entire army. It was hard to earn their trust at first, but eventually the clones learned to respect our unit’s abilities.

After some time on the front lines, I earned a transfer from front line duty to boarding actions. My squad and I were stationed aboard Master Kota’s cruiser. When naval battles got really heated up, the droid ships tended to lose sight of small boarding craft like ours. We’d fly in, I’d slice an access panel, and then we’d fight our way to the command and control deck, disabling it from the inside. Other times, when subtlety wasn’t called for, we’d do what we called a plant and scoot. While slicing through the ship's computers is certainly quieter, a well placed thermal charge on the engines gets the job done.

Things were going great until Order 66. My men and I had been on loan to a clone cruiser at the time. In a way, we were lucky I suppose. We woke up one morning to find ourselves locked in our quarters. A large percentage of Kota’s men on the field were simply cut down for defending the Jedi. After a quick court martial, I found myself in the lovely Imperial accommodations you found me in. And now, I’m here....Aboard your ship enjoying your fine hospitality.”

Zane took another long draw from his mug.

“Well Mr Moraes, I think some congratulations are in order. Your tests came up as we hoped. You seem to be who you say you are.”

The light shut off with a loud thunk. After Zane’s eyes adjusted to the illumination, he could see several well dressed individuals sitting behind a pane of glass.

A dark skinned man spoke now, the mechanical perturbations gone from his voice.

“I have a job proposition for you Mr. Moraes. One I think you’ll like....”

[/sblock]

[sblock="Personality"]Zane is a soldier, first and foremost. Trained under the guidance of Master Rahm Kota, he is used to structured command. However, he is no mindless grunt. After a field commission during a particularly bloody battle against the Seperatists, Master Kota singled Zane out for officer trainer. Afterward, he was given command of a small boarding squad. Zane's loyalty is to the Republic, and he has a particular hatred for the remaining clone troopers, seeing them as traitors and puppets of the Empire.

Zane enjoys holochess and other recreational games of tactics. He also has a weakness for Sabacc...having played many games during his life as a soldier.

Zane is pretty easy going off duty, but in combat situations is completely no-nonsense, reverting to the combat discipline drilled into him by Rahm Kota.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION], did you see Mack's use of a Force Point here for a total of 18 on the roll?

EDIT= Is RX using special grenade rules? As detailed on p.155, grenades are to be targeted at the crosshairs between squares and radius calculated from there. With a blast radius of 2 on the usual grenade, there doesn't seem to be any way that one or the other of Karg brothers 2 or 3 is not in the area of effect...

RE Sonja, I think this is a big, big mistake that will tear the IC group apart. The whole point of having somebody take over Darius was to have minimal core-group disturbance. Now the new characters will outnumber the old. I am not *at all* comfortable with this...

Last edited:

possum

First Post
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION], did you see Mack's use of a Force Point here for a total of 18 on the roll?

EDIT= Is RX using special grenade rules? As detailed on p.155, grenades are to be targeted at the crosshairs between squares and radius calculated from there. With a blast radius of 2 on the usual grenade, there doesn't seem to be any way that one or the other of Karg brothers 2 or 3 is not in the area of effect...

RE Sonja, I think this is a big, big mistake that will tear the IC group apart. The whole point of having somebody take over Darius was to have minimal core-group disturbance. Now the new characters will outnumber the old. I am not *at all* comfortable with this...

Force Point: You know the part of the post where I joked that you guys seemed to like missing things by one point? Missed him by that much... :mad: Same with Zayda.

Grenade: I am using the RAW regarding grenades. The "crosshairs" of the explosion was Y11, Y12, Z11 and Z12. I'm using an overlay that a friend created for her online game and placed them online for herself and others to use. As far as I know, that blast was 100% correct.

Now for whether or not perrinmiller should play as either Mack or Sonja. If it's any choice of mine (and it isn't, PM should play whatever character he wants too) I'd personally like to see him continue to play as Mack.

[MENTION=6680745]ahayford[/MENTION] : Third level characters start with 3,000 credits per Hero's Guide.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Force Point: You know the part of the post where I joked that you guys seemed to like missing things by one point? Missed him by that much... :mad: Same with Zayda.
Oh, so Mack's first shot was a miss?? (from the description I thought it was a hit but that the 10 dam didn't mean much to Zayda). Man those guys are *tough*!

Re grenades, I guess I've been contaminated by the 4E burst concept, but I was doing it "pick crosshair center, 1 radius is the 4 squares around that, 2 radius is the 12 squares around *that*" and so on and so forth. Your way makes more RL sense though (closer to a sphere section). For my own edification, does anybody know where that's detailed in the RAW? Couldn't find it when I looked.

possum

First Post
No, Zayda has a Reflex Defense of 19. Previously, he was brought to only one HP left. That's what I meant.

As for grenades: They stupidly had no illustration for pretty much any of the area attacks, citing in a Jedi Counseling that for all intents and purposes they are the same as RCR and 3.5 D&D. Now if I can just find the illustrations for those...

EDIT: It's in the back of the 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases