Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I think the grid references are more important than the players being able to update the tac grid themselves.
How so? If you edit the map yourself you have no need to say "my character moves to X12" and all targets are identified by different "icons" so there is no need for "I attack the tarasque in B3" either... What does that leave? Area attacks? Put a "*" on the square you target if it's unoccupied and it's important to specify.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Binder; I get the impression you will argue or debate anything. ;)

I think it's personal preference and ASCII is visually not pleasing. (Don't think you can argue with that now. :p)

In any case, I am just trying to be helpful and will work with any method. If I post up the source material encounter map every time, then everything looks clear to me either way.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Binder; I get the impression you will argue or debate anything. ;)
How so? ;)

I think it's personal preference and ASCII is visually not pleasing.
Brings back fond memories of Hack for me. Endless hours worming my way down ascii levels paved in ".", battling alphabet creatures in search of the next set of "<" (that would be stairs for you neophites), and finding out you've been beating up monsters over the head with your bow for three combats now because you forgot to switch it out.... GOOD TIMES! :D

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sloor said:
The besalisk glances his way: so *there's* the 3m thick Mack he met on the promenade (wonder where he was gone all this time?). Walked right by the point without even noticing it's there...

Earlier I had Mack intentionally misunderstand or not hear correctly. But this time he did get the point. Sloor should may be consider why Mack so quickly said he'd pay.;) There is actually three reasons.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sadly Mack probably will not mention anything. Not privy to the inner thoughts of Sloor anyway, he doesn't really know what Sloor thinks about it and does not really care either mere seconds before entering combat.

Mack is in the zone now, Sloor would probably notice this just by looking at him. He is ignoring pretty much anything that isn't constructive that could prove distracting. And after the fight, it will probably be forgotten since it wasn't really important anyway.;)

possum

First Post
The hovercraft does have a pilot visible, and the craft does provide cover for him. With one obvious exception, that is...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Songdragon; Did you only take a Move Action? I think your earlier distraction was before the surprise round so you still have Standard action yet don't you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases