Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Nebten

First Post
Since possum just groups all the bad guys together on the same initiative number, I would propose that we just do group initiative: us vs them. Each roll a d20, flip a coin and then who ever win, goes first then back and forth from that. That way we are not stepping on each others toes and go in the order of who ever posted. That saves time with doing initiative and with having to wait for somebody to go before somebody else can go.

possum

First Post
I am very, very hesitant to do that, Nebten. I know that it would be easier on some things, but that it would be difficult on others. Healing, for example. That's why I'm not going to implement it.

I would like an opinion on a house rule before I do implement that. I was thinking about going back to the RCR rule of diagonal movement being 1.5 squares instead of the 2 that it currently is.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pre-rolling the Initiatives will speed combat up for the opening round as Possum won't have to wait 24-36 hours RL for the rolls to come in, even if we are all around. Of course, I am happy with the GM just rolling them for us too. ;)

I have been trying the grouped initiatives (us vs. them) and found it actually works pretty well for PbP when people are spread around in their posting schedules. But I am not sure what you mean by healing being difficult, though. Can you elaborate for me to see if that will cause me issues in other games?

But honestly, the speed of our game is usually limited to Possum's schedule, not based on waiting for players to post on their initiative count. With maybe the exception of the times when BinderFred is away doing his thing.

As for the house rule on diagonal movement, I thought we already had that in place months ago. Perhaps we forgot. :hmm: I do remember Possum vetoed the 5ft step as a Free or Swift Action.

Nebten

First Post
Yah, I don't know what you are getting at possum since we are practically doing group initiatives except the PCs have to go in a certian order while the enemies go all at once (which is actually a good thing).

BTW, with the map, looks great. If you can't get A1 grid on it, we can do like Miller said and use landmarks or give orders of where we want to go with movement.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Re Diagonal movement, we did settle on the 2-1-2-1 method of counting here. That's what Sloor has been using since then, though I don't mind going to 1.5 instead if you want (?).

possum

First Post
All right, forgot that we already ruled on that. Thanks. Still, I'd like to keep up the initiative system we have right now. Thank you all for voicing your opinions, though.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am fine with not changing the Initiative, just wish the others would roll their dice to have them stored. ;)

But can you tell me about the issue regarding healing with group initiatives? I am using that method in another game and would appreciate knowing what you are referring to. Thanks, Possum.

possum

First Post
Come to think of it, healing's not that big of an issue. I still don't want to change from at least somewhat traditional initiative.

Nebten

First Post
Initiative rolls

OK, so the die roller is a bit wonky for this. My next 3 rolls are 20, 11 and 14.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases