Whoa . . .
This is how I saw it.
Round 1:
Key move & talk
Mack: delay & internal monologe
Troopers: Reply Keyton
Informatants: Chillin'
Mir: Move behind computer/ready to draw
Soor: Pass behind the computer consoles to the left.

Round 2
Key: draws & attacks
Troopers: Attack back
Mack:??

Since these guys can shoot an effective 21 Ref (due to Elusive Target or 26 if they don't have Precise Shot), I think getting out of the first combat alive is a priority.

That I did miss. Stormies miss.

Perrinmiller: I asked for initiatives to be rolled because I absolutely knew that the situation wouldn't be resolved without hostilities. Quite likely, though, I did jump the gun just a bit. Sorry for any confusion.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
<Oops, Possum posted while I was writting this. Still mostly relevant, I think.

Uh, skipping straight to round 2 without letting anybody else act (Mara and delaying Mack just to name those, but also Mir and the Informants) and not letting people lower down the initiative adjust their actions based on new information (pending Perception roll and all) is just as wrong as acting twice in the same round (though I see Perrimiller's point, the GM *had* called for actions round by round at this point). I'm sorry Nebten, but the simple fact is that you jumped the gun. Let's just move past it and make sure it's less likely to happen again, alright?

Possum, why do you favor individual initiative rolls? I'm sure you know about the grouped initiative system used in some of the other PbP games, so I'm assuming there's some mechanichal aspect you perticularly favor about this system, or some disadvantage of the other system you perticularly dislike. I'm just wondering if there isn't a way to still *get* that advantage while gaining some posting flexibility. The current initiative order, for example, calls for four seperate GM posts per round (three for the NPCs, one global post to wrap up the round). That's... less than ideal.

Just to be clear for now, Possum has specifically stated the order of things and we are NOT in round 2 and Mir and Sloor have NOT acted yet in any way (see the updated map here).

0. Everyone states their starting position within the startting grid. This is not an action, just a start-of-combat situation
1. Keyton steps forth, free talk ensues, Keyton draws his weapon
2. Mack Fires
3. Strormtrooper respond agressively
4: Informants <---- are up
5. Mir
6. Mara
7. Sloor

Perrinmiller: As long as the weapon is not actually in your hands, then drawing a weapon is Drawing a Weapon. In most games you actually get a speed bonus for having a weapon in a holster -- which makes sense considering that that's what they are designed for: easy retrieval of your weapon. In Saga, "Larger weapons are usually carried on shoulder straps, hangers or baldrics that cost as much as a hip holster." (Hoster description, p.140)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BinderFred: Yeah I noticed when I looked through the rules again. I really miss the d20 rules where you can draw a weapon while moving if you have a BAB of +1. Since it really wasn't clear where I actually had my rifle I guess possum is letting me have the Move Action. I'm not going to argue since it seems logical to me to do both.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Nebten; I am not clear how/why you rolled the Attack of Opportunity. Imperial informants taking an Aim action within a threatened area does provoke an AoO, but the Informants are at least 3SQ from Keyton. According to Mack's results, the 2 Stormtroopers are down already.

Possum; Not arguing, but I was surprised the Stormtroopers went down. Just wanted to make sure I understand this. Adjusted attack roll was 15-5(AF) = 10, probably not enough to do full damage of 13. I did forget Point Blank Shot so it should have been Attack score 11, Full damage 14 (1/2 damage is 7).

Nebten

First Post
Because I read it too fast thinking that they were mortally wounded, but not down. I double checked with the map and saw that they were still up there, then thought they were valid targets. Bad on my part. It definatly was not against the informants.

So I guess Mack went before the Stormtroopers, thus they never would have been able to get a shot off?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Stormtroopers didn't actually fire. :p
I had to read the post twice as well. I didn't expect to knock 'em both down with that roll, must have been wimpy for our first combat.

Anyway possum gave me the option to adminstratively put my actions before the stormtroopers. That was my intention all along, to hit them once they proved they were going to react violently to your intervention. Looking back I probably would have fired before your attack as well if I had considered that fighting was actually started. No worries, everythings copacetic. ;)

Nebten

First Post
I guess we need to make a T-Shirt that says: MACK SHOT FIRST

[sblock=Picture]
images_han_solo_shot_first.png
[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Assuming Mara is not going to influence the fire fight, I would suggest that Sloor go ahead roll his actions.
After some reflexion, I think Possum is shooting for a relaxed mood on this one, and since my last attempt at forecasting my own actions caused confusion, mayhem and was completely off to boot, I'm just going to roll with it from now on and only post when it's my turn. YMMV, of course.

perrinmiller said:
I was surprised the Stormtroopers went down. Just wanted to make sure I understand this. Adjusted attack roll was 15-5(AF) = 10, probably not enough to do full damage of 13. I did forget Point Blank Shot so it should have been Attack score 11, Full damage 14 (1/2 damage is 7).

and

For Round 2 after Keyton's attack (assuming he will engage in melee on the northern most informant), Mack will likely aim and hit the two informants with autofire as well.
The rules for firing on somebody engaged in melee with your allies is not waved for area weapon attacks, are they? i.e they are not somehow more precise than regular weapons -- I don't think so anyway, quite the reverse. Usually, if you don't take the -5 to avoid hitting allies, then... Well I'm not clear the rules even allow you to wave the -5 (no mention of it on p.161 anyways), but it usually goes something like: if you miss your intended target by 5 or more, you hit your ally. It's the whole attraction of the Precise Shot feat, don't you know. :)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yeah, I agree, I am just going to roll with it, hate arguing rules. :D

I only posted intentions in case Keyton wanted to know, since he could potentially block my fire. After success with the stormtroopers that would appear to be good option again. Not actually going to decide until it is my turn, though. :hmm:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases