Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Nebten: Have a good vacation. But I gather you are already off-line by now.

Brings back memories of Shadowrun. :D

Yeah I liked Shadowrun (and its slang), but was never sure how popular it got. I only played it a little in college and that was... well a long time ago.

I tried to find a PBP game of Shadowrun but haven't had any luck. You wouldn't by chance want to GM one? [He says with eyebrows wiggling up and down]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Nebten: Have a good vacation. But I gather you are already off-line by now.

Yeah I liked Shadowrun (and its slang), but was never sure how popular it got. I only played it a little in college and that was... well a long time ago.

I tried to find a PBP game of Shadowrun but haven't had any luck. You wouldn't by chance want to GM one? [He says with eyebrows wiggling up and down]

Sorry if I let it get a little out of control.

As for Shadowrun, if it's 3rd edition and you're willing to let a newbie play, I'd be there. I bought the book at a yard sale a year ago and have been dying to use it ever since.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Best and quickest way to come to a decision, yes. Commitee decisions takes forever IRL, so in a PbP... Besides, they're not very dramatic. :)

I know you two are being light-hearted about this. :) But this does raise a valid point for the future. Given the current situation with Nebten AFK, we are not in too much of a hurry so we could take more time to debate issues this week, but a consenus probably should govern group decisions down the road. If 2 out of 4 agree on a group action, WITHOUT objections from the other 2, that should be fine to guide the group's course. But this assumes that people have had ample opportunity to raise objections and provide input.
Just my 2 creds on the issue. :p

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Which somehow brings us back to Shadowrun. ;)

I've been in two online games with this setting and I got to say that the "planning the run" portion of the event is what kills it. This usually grabs up an entire game session face to face and is downright *murder* in Pbem. I'm really hoping we can keep this game more fluid than that! The voting system is, I think, the best way to do it for anything that isn't primordialy important to your character (and if it is primordialy important, well, we can say that spending a force point will get you your way, no matter the state of the vote? If you're not willing to spend a force point for it... well, it couldn't have been that important, could it? :)).

As for running a game, I'm presently at my max as far as roleplaying commitments are concerned. I'll keep you guys in mind if I do run something, though truth be told right now I'm leaning more towards doing a fantasy game next (perhaps reviving my Eggshell campaign in PbP format or something).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.

Possum; I think we are all waiting for you to have us arrive at the safe house at this point. Then I think we want to begin asking Maya questions.

Nebten

First Post
I agree if 2 people agree on the same course without any disagreement or alternative we go in that direction. I understand about the planning part of a "run" slowing things down. Hopefully those will be few and far between.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Possum; I want to ask if I can administratively change something on my character. In the rush to get him done I did not think my plan for his development all the way through. Rather than be Force Sensitive and potentially developing Force Powers later, I think we would be better off if I took Vehicular Combat instead. Since I haven’t actually Used the Force in game it wouldn’t have changed anything. How about it?

Originally I thought it would be better to have more FUs, but 2 out 4 should be plenty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases