Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Well, I would say lying is taking it a little bit too far. But yes Mir has omitted her force use. First off consider the times we, the characters, are living in. Jedi purge and all that. Second, we just met today.
I was intending to do the same thing, but swapped out Force Sensitive for Vehicular Combat after the first battle.

But I did see you gave us a hint about your abilities to slide your way around potential problems in the future. ;)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Possum: Can you post the picture as is from the source material for reference? I have done so by just screen capturing it.

With MS Office Picture Manager you can paste it in, crop, and convert from bitmap to PNG or JPG if desired. All pretty quick and easy.

With it as a reference we can use the tac grid easier.

Also do you have Excel Tac Grids with rows and columns labeled can be quickly made into pictures as well. Just ctrl-c the highlighted cells and paste into MS Office Picture Manager as well.

Of course if you don't have MS Office that can be tough.

However, I have already said that I have the source material and choose to not spoil the game for myself. It looks like the Encounter Maps don't contain spoiler info so I don't mind posting them up if you want.

possum

First Post
One thing, I highly advise everyone to go to the WotC site and DL the source material, even if you don't want to spoil yourself. I know that in the past few days I've gone on a little downloading spree with several of their articles. I want to make sure that I'll have access to them for a long time after they take the site down.

EDIT: Hey, PM, can you tell the row & column settings for the map you made?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I had a blank tac grid with squares already made in Excel for my first D&D PBeM games. I simply added the numbers and letters into the cells along the edge of the sectioned area.

If you have Excel, I can upload the file as an attachment for you. It is probably easier and quicker than what you are already doing.

If not, I can update it whenever I post if everyone's movements are properly defined with their grid references. It's not a problem for me. In another Excel sheet I have colored circles with letters in them for character and bad guy tokens. We can use 2 letters so everything can be obvious there too, not so much need for a key. (i.e. Mack=Mk, Mir=Mr, Sloor=Sr, Trooper #1=T1, etc...)

I used Excel for D&D tac grids before I got into Campaign Cartographer 2 software.

BTW, I fixed the source material image, I think. It wouldn't display properly in preview and afterward.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Though the ascii maps where working very well, now that we caught the trick of making the changes ourselves and pasting the maps back into our action post (something the Excel sheet won't allow you to do, I imagine). Don't know how much trouble they are for Possum to make, but I got to say I'm a convert. Goooooo ascii! :)

Blee-bloo-bleep-bleeeeep!
/
star-wars.png

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think the grid references are more important than the players being able to update the tac grid themselves. But if we all have Excel 2003, we could do that too by DLing the attachment, update it and reattach it on our next post. But personally, using the reference grid coordinates and getting an update by the GM once per turn is fine by me.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sorry I forgot to update the Excel file before the first time I attached it. I deleted it and reattached it here. (Perhaps no one even noticed ;))

Attachments

• DoD Tactical Grid.xls
    20 KB · Views: 103

Songdragon

Explorer
Whichever way folks want to use is fine by me. As long as we all use the same medium.

So the plan as I see it...
Before combat... Someone opens door... Illusion of raging wookie runs roaring away and sends random bowcaster bolts all over to create distraction. We hopefully gain surprise, open up on troppers (in order sled, officer, troopers) and somehow make it to the storeroom with frosty friend (FF) get him, and get out on starship that is enroute.

Fun times! ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases