Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread] - Page 22

3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    I think the grid references are more important than the players being able to update the tac grid themselves.
    How so? If you edit the map yourself you have no need to say "my character moves to X12" and all targets are identified by different "icons" so there is no need for "I attack the tarasque in B3" either... What does that leave? Area attacks? Put a "*" on the square you target if it's unoccupied and it's important to specify.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

Defender (Lvl 8)

GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

° Ignore perrinmiller
    Binder; I get the impression you will argue or debate anything.

I think it's personal preference and ASCII is visually not pleasing. (Don't think you can argue with that now. )

In any case, I am just trying to be helpful and will work with any method. If I post up the source material encounter map every time, then everything looks clear to me either way.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Binder Fred
    Binder; I get the impression you will argue or debate anything.
    How so?

I think it's personal preference and ASCII is visually not pleasing.
    Brings back fond memories of Hack for me. Endless hours worming my way down ascii levels paved in ".", battling alphabet creatures in search of the next set of "<" (that would be stairs for you neophites), and finding out you've been beating up monsters over the head with your bow for three combats now because you forgot to switch it out.... GOOD TIMES!
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore perrinmiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloor
    The besalisk glances his way: so *there's* the 3m thick Mack he met on the promenade (wonder where he was gone all this time?). Walked right by the point without even noticing it's there...
    Earlier I had Mack intentionally misunderstand or not hear correctly. But this time he did get the point. Sloor should may be consider why Mack so quickly said he'd pay. There is actually three reasons.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Binder Fred
    He will have to mention them at some point then. Right now Sloor thinks he already *has* the perfect explanation.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Memorable games

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore perrinmiller
    Sadly Mack probably will not mention anything. Not privy to the inner thoughts of Sloor anyway, he doesn't really know what Sloor thinks about it and does not really care either mere seconds before entering combat.

Mack is in the zone now, Sloor would probably notice this just by looking at him. He is ignoring pretty much anything that isn't constructive that could prove distracting. And after the fight, it will probably be forgotten since it wasn't really important anyway.

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore perrinmiller
    The hovercraft, has a gunner or pilot visible, correct? And does he have cover and how much?

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore possum
    The hovercraft does have a pilot visible, and the craft does provide cover for him. With one obvious exception, that is...

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore perrinmiller
    Songdragon; Did you only take a Move Action? I think your earlier distraction was before the surprise round so you still have Standard action yet don't you?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Binder Fred
    You only get a single action during the surprise round (p.150). Your choice wether it's a standard, a move or a swift though.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Memorable games

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast