Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
<<Mack said he'd pay. If this wasn't resolved, then Sloor had no business opening the door before allowing Nebten to respond.>>

Excuse me? Both Sloor and TB's action *have* been described exactly, with a clear conditional both on TB's healing and Sloor's opening of the door (the second has been met once Nebten posted with no objections to that opening, the first clearly hasn't, despite Nebten obviously having a chance to post since he DID post to say he moved into the room). If you want to enforce strict "time forwards" rules, which I am not advocating by the way, then it was Nebten's responsability to speak up IC at either of those conditionals. Just saying "after TB patches up Keyton", in addition to glossing over any character-building roleplay and being highly unsatisfying, is assuming either (A) that Keyton has paid or (1) that Keyton has agreed to have Mack bail him out, (2) that Mack has paid and (3) that Sloor accepts Mack's payment as solving anything about the situation. That seems a lot to assume (especially in the second case which you seem to favor as having happened), hence the demand for clarifications.

Since Nebten has now edited his last post, we can conclude that scene retroactively without slowing down ongoing combat. If you want to pause everything until it *is* concluded, you can submit that motion to Possum, sure, if you want.

Nebten

First Post
In my mind was assumed that Sloor would accept Mack's payment. Since he didn't, I changed my post, which only added dialouge but didn't change his actions. If its a matter of med-paks, Keyton will use one of his own. If its because Sloor wants to prove a point, he has done so loud and clear. Heard by all. No reason to hammer on it.

In either case let us continue on.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
In my mind was assumed that Sloor would accept Mack's payment.
In either case let us continue on.
Yeah me too, it was a distraction that I didn't need in RL. But whatever, moving on, it wasn't my business anyway.

Also I want to edit my actions. This business about not being able to fire in the surprise round has irked me and should not have happened. If we are able to retroactively do some things, like resolve the conversation about healing Keyton then my edit should be alright.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Surprise Round: (p.150) "... combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a single action - a standard action, a move action, or a swift action - during the surprise round."

Surprise rounds have always been only 1 action. Move or attack sort of thing, not both. Hence Mir moved so others could get at least fire. That and I was not aware or read wrong that the sled was even a viable target from the doorway. So I will be in a better position come round 1.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yes definitely miss that. A nice house rule would be to allow it as a swift action when Move Actions are not used for movement.;) Stands to reason if you can fall prone as a swift action, taking a step would be about the same.

My original starting position was based on my thinking in d20, thus my step before surprise started. At least I am hoping possum allows it. It would seem reasonable since that was our intentions. I am finding SE rules don't interpret RP actions very well. d20 was more complicated but lent itself to adjudicating RP actions better.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
If its because Sloor wants to prove a point, he has done so loud and clear. Heard by all. No reason to hammer on it.
I admit that I'm a bit puzzled. You aknowledge that the point has been made, yet repeatedly refuse to have your character do the same (the investment of - what? - 5 minutes of writting time at the most?) and *I* am the one drawing this out? Keyton got himself into this situation by roleplaying (looking down on everything Sloor and then asking favors from him), to my mind it is therefore entirely proper to ask him to roleplay his way out of it. If you won't, that's certainly your choice -- if a bit of an odd one in what is, after all, a roleplaying game. The stipulations in my last IC post stand as written though.

possum

First Post
Sorry for my silence the past few days. I completely forgot to tell everyone here that I would be gone and without internet access for my trip to Kansas City. Went to go see Pearl Jam in concert on Monday and the family did some shopping the next day, so I didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Did I miss any questions while I was away?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
@Possum;
So I could not have my shift in position as Mir did her distraction, before the surprise round? Did not think that was unreasonable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases