Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

possum

First Post
You'll be advancing following the completion of the mission. So, when you're in bad shape in the facility, by all means burn those Force Points.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Does that mean we will not advance until we reach a break point, even if we hit enough XP to advance? Or you don't award the XP until we actually reach the break point (like at the end of a table top gaming session)?

I guess this question is not so much about this game only but a curiosity about your style, possum? Since I am assuming the answer would hold true for your other game as well.

possum

First Post
I'm mainly on break points for this game, but Fallout will be a little more by the book when it comes to XP.

Right now, I'm working on the Excel map for the next encounter. Sorry for the holdup guys, but I'm still too cheap to buy Photoshop! :p

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[/COLOR]Perception (1d20+9=21); Stealth (1d20+3=12) Without any bonuses applied.>>

Edit: The Stealth result is 19 with bonuses applied.

I think you mean 14. Mack has an all-temperature cloak (bonus vs extreme weather) while only Mir and Sloor purchased camouflage ponchoes on Alderaan (+5 stealth due to adaptive colouring). Not the same things at all.

EDIT = Unless you're saying you took Mir up on her offer to loan out her poncho?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
That's what I was wondering about earlier. I thought we all had camo ponchos. Not sure why only 2 would have gotten them, that makes no sense.

Since Possum didn't say "no", I was figuring that was the case. But doesn't matter to me either way. Personally (player point of view) I would rather fight them for the XP.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
That's what I was wondering about earlier. I thought we all had camo ponchos. Not sure why only 2 would have gotten them, that makes no sense.

Well, they didn't come directly from our sponsor. Mir and Sloor actually went shopping for outdoor gear while on Alderaan. Sloor bought heavy boots, gloves, etc and Mir bought one of the ponchoes, which prompted Sloor to buy one of his own. Here is where Sloor bought his, and here is where Mir bought hers (Threads are searchable, you know? Top of the Thread window when you're logged in).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks, I see where Mir made the suggestion for everyone to get survival gear and listed the stuff OOC. Then we added our wish lists. So I would expect everyone would have a camo poncho as she suggested, but at the time I got sidetracked on the resale of certain items that I thought was missing from our loot.

Accordingly Bail Organa arranged for the gear (Which I thought included ponchos and breathing masks if people wanted them) and cut certain items (holoconverter, Sound spounge, jet packs, and explosives). Speaking of which, who has the Detonite?

Overall, pretty sloppy book keeping on my part. :blush: Explains why I thought I had a poncho though. But until I went back and looked, I forgot about the detonite. Sloor have that?

Anyway, some GMs make a us pay for not being specific, others recognize the intent and let it slide. So I really just need a ruling on this either way. ;)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Don't think Mack actually needs a breathing mask with his Stormtrooper armor and helmet. But it don't hurt to have a spare for the prisoner we are rescuing.

Having been around the block a few times (PbP wise) now since I started this game, I have seen a few different ways some DM/GMs do Initiative. Might I offer a suggestion, Possum.

In between combats, why don't we each roll 3 Initiatives and you save them in your GM notes or here on the OOC thread. That way we roll them and you don't have to wait for us to roll right before combat starts. Then after you have used them up, we roll 3 more.

Another question. How do you feel about using JC 114?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases