Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
You guys want to discuss tactics?

I was planning to maintain sight on those troopers while you guys flank them from the other side. We might be able to open a door if there is no one in that turbolift area, but as soon as a firefight breaks out, in one of those rooms with an open door, those troopers will come running. An besides, we are not supposed to know which door leads where.

I think (at least that's how it is played in other games) the doors are sound proof. So I was hoping that surprise would have cut down those troopers in one round and we could then sneak around easier.

It is a little late now, but is there a way to artificially create fog of war or at least black out unexplored areas on that program you are using Possum?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I think we might have a chance to stay undetected if we took out the two guards hand to hand. But weapons fire, perticularly autofire? I have my doubts. Those two troopers are visible from outside as well (see Possum's initial description). Only a matter of time before one of the patrols looks and sees them missing.

I think our best bet is to stay quiet in the main area and use surprise to charge into any room we decide to enter as a group, with TB closing the door behind us as soon as we're through. Overwhelm any resistance we meet as quickly as possible (sticking to single shots?). Repeat.

What do you think?

Nebten

First Post
Yah, i say we just pick a side (left or right) and systematically clear the rooms until we come across a map/computer that can direct us in the right direction. I would like to continue hugging the back wall, so I say we go with the nearest left door.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Possum, there are two pieces of information that might be important to this discussion.

1. Can we see the security cams at all? I would imagine there would be cameras that relay to the control room. You have already said this back hallway is clear, but did we see any in the other areas yet in the hallway leading to the gun turret?

2. Is there actually windows for the two troopers to look out of for the E-Web cannon, or are they using computer screens for visual? Bottom line, can the two troopers outside the facility actually see into the gun turret to see if it is manned or not?

Given that we are not supposed to know the layout of the interior, it is kind of hard to determine where I would have gone first in opening the doors. But moving clockwise would appear to be logical. Mack will switch to single shot, but I am not a big fan of hand-to-hand unless we have to.

possum

First Post
You can't see any holocams in the sections you've visited. As for the turret, I'm assuming that they have a small opening in the base itself like WWII-era bunkers, if you've ever played Call of Duty or Medal of Honor.

Binder Fred

Sloor is waiting for the results of his and TB's perception rolls. Those basically boil down to: can we tell which room is which from the outside? Signs, warnings, door size, design and/or degree of thickness/reinforcement, etc.

Binder Fred

Mack swings the barrel of his blaster rifle at the only living target moving. After hearing him order an attack, Mack shoots him.
Uh, Perrin, two things:

- Since we're in the surprise round, the good doctor has not had time to do anything as of yet (besides being caught doing dastardly experiments on the locals, that is).

- You do remember the two guards around the corner? As discussed above, I was hoping we could use the surprise round to get in, close the door behind us and actually have a chance of remaining undetected.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Dang, you are right. I was up too late last night and rushed to catch up. I have family in from out of town and I am really short on time. I will edit and fix.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases