Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Seeing our combat-heavy adventures, I'm thinking of taking a level of Soldier. Get a vibro-axe ("vibro-mace"?) and keep one of the carbines to use on autofire. TB upgrades could include tech and/or slicing. Upping TB's Treat Injury skill'll require upping his Wis score, but a surgery kit would definitively be nice, perticularly if we can get a semi-permanent mobile base or something... What do you guys think?

Songdragon

Explorer
Possum and everyone...

My question about being too overpowered with the skill focus in use the force. The +13 does make many abilities rather simple and basically guaranteed to work. Just asking is all.

possum

First Post
I would like to say that I enjoyed playing with everyone. We seem to have a nice mix of people both in and out of character.

One concern I have is having such a high Use the Force skill check. +13. I know that some GMs have issues with characters that lean more towards Force abilities (Force Wizards). So what I am asking of you all, is the having the Skill Focus (Use the Force) a little over the top? While I have rolled low on occasion, most times roll a UtF check is to see how high I can roll rather then to see if it merely succeeds. There does not seem to be challenge with a +13 to a skill, at level 2. Let me know what you all think please? I would be willing to change the Skill Focus, GM allowing.

Question for armor... I am interested in the Tracker Vest in the Clone Wars book, it is light armor, which I can get the feat for, but if I wore the stuff, I could not use my level for my Ref Def, correct? I would need the Soldier Talent Armored Defense? Is there any way to get such a vest that is not armor?

[sblock=Leveling Ideas]Not sure about class... Scoundrel or Solider

Feat: Force Training (Mind Shard, Vital Transfer, Rebuke)
Talent: Force Harmony[/sblock]

Skill Focus: Personally, it's up to you. Yes, it does tend to get a little overpowered at earlier levels, but it does eventually plateau once you get to later levels. You could always retrain and then get the feat again at a later date.

Armor: Without the Armored Defense feat, you do lose your level bonus to your Reflex defense. With it, you merely get the choice of which bonus to use. Improved lets you take both your level and half of the armor bonus.

As for everyone, I'm adding a new "rule" when it comes to your statblocks. For ease of looking stuff up, please list the book and page number for what non-core talents, feats, equipment, etc that you have. I.E. Tracker Utility Vest (CW 64). It'll help both you and me.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Maybe I missed the answer to this, but is retraining going to be allowed? Does it also include changing a trained skill?

Edits:

@SD, well at 3rd level you are starting to become a journeyman, skilled in the use of the Force. Somethings should be a piece of cake.

@BF, Mack has tech skills and use computer, so far they have been good enough and Mack can get another Interface Visor to boost Use Comp some more. Surgery is our weakness in skill sets. But with a kit, TB should be able to handle it. We can program him with Surgical experience maybe as well and perhaps get him Knowledge Life Sciences. I haven't looked up about doing this stuff yet, but we should make sure we have the droid properly programmed based on what we have learned for far.

Sounds fine on taking Soldier level to increase combat power. Not sure what you mean about mobile base though to properly answer that one. But before we forget, we have that hover sled from earlier that is still on Alderaan. If we cannot use it, we should get money for it.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Well I am just thinking about the Pilot skill. We have not had a need for it and unless this campaign has starship combat down the road we probably won't. I will the decision up to you if I should keep it. ;)

If it is wasted then I would like to change it as I posted earlier.

Songdragon

Explorer
Scoundrel (level 1, 3rd level character)
5 hit points
+1 Will Saves
Force Points 6
Destiny Point +1

Feat: Point Blank Shot and Force Training

Talent: Force Harmony (activate talents that require Force points, without using a force point, 1/encounter) (p 16, Jedi Academy Training Manuel)

Force Powers: Mind Shard (p 28, Jedi Academy Training Manuel), Rebuke, Vital Transfer

Remove ads