Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Songdragon

Explorer
Perrin... It is from Knights of the Old Republic book... pg 25. In the Consular Talents.

Reviews I have read of the Watch Circle Initiate (which is a talent you need for the rest of the talents)... are so-so... Some like it, while others are not so hot on the idea. I guess it all depends what you want to do as a Jedi. In Visionary Attack talent, you give up farseeing in your force suit to allow reroll of an attack if your UtF check is above the enemy's Will save. And Visionary Defense gives you a +5 to Ref defense if you do similar above.

Interesting concept, pricey in talents... and you would need several farseeing powers in your suite to make it worth while.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hey there folks!

Took Soldier level 1:
Reset FP to 6
+8 HP
+1 BAB
+1 Fort
+1 Will
+1 Ref
Talent: Devastating Attack
3rd level Feat: Mighty Swing (with a 'multiple strike' in-game SFX)
Soldier Begining Feat:

Thing I'd like a ruling for, please: For the Soldier begining feat, I got to admit that neither armor training nor range weapon training really appeal to me as feats suitable for Sloor. Could I take Advanced Melee WP instead?

Songdragon

Explorer
I hear you Binder... The solider starting feats do not do too much for someone that is ranged or does not want me be ranged. I have wondered too myself why AP: Advanced Weapons is not a solider thing, but then realize that not all soldiers are from technological places. But the nice thing about a campaign, is that you can always ask a GM for other options... :) I know I would even consider Martial Arts I.

toasterferret

Explorer
I actually think I'm going to go for a mobile, dual wielding Jedi, instead of my earlier idea. The watchcircle initiate would be better suited for an all jedi party, where taking a stack of foreseeing powers wouldnt cripple the force abilities of the group and party support is more of a commodity.

So here's that write up you asked for:

Basic idea is a Human Jedi padawan, who had been focusing on the Makashi lightsaber form, who narrowly escaped Order 66. She would focus on mobility, and multiple attacks with dual sabers. Talents by third level would be block and deflect, with her feats being weapon finesse, skill focus (utf), and dual weapon mastery 1.

Should I make up a character sheet, or would you prefer a different character concept?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I say go for it. :) We are allowed on Jedi in the party and with Keyton's departure the slot is open.

I take it, that you are staying for this one instead of the other one. Probably a better game in the long run with our track record.

I use Myth-weavers, but also put the character sheet in text and link in the rogue's gallery too.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
List of loot (Value in credits) and credits coming our way
1x Aratech 64 Y Swift 3 Repulsor Sled (8,000cr) -> Keep?
4x Suits of Storm Trooper Armor (32,000cr)
4x Utility Belts (400cr)
4x Blaster Carbines (3,600cr) (Sloor is keeping one, but Mack is putting his on the pile)
8x Blaster Pistols (4,000cr)
7x Medpacs (700cr) -> Keep
1x Med-kit (600cr) -> Keep
1x Box of Stim Packs (???) -> Keep
1x Repulsor pad (200cr) -> Keep

I think we should keep the repulsor pad for carrying loot maybe?
Keep the med-kit and the box of Stim Packs

Any reason to keep the stormtrooper armor? (I think not, but we can recalculate if necessary)

Estimated value of resale at 50% = 20,000cr
-5,000cr to buy out Keyton = 15,000cr

That is 5,000cr each, but I think we should pay for upgrades to TB first before dividing up the spoils.
Surgery Kit -1000cr
Medical Interface Visor (KotOR) -1500cr

Plus some items that maybe should be in the group, but not owned by anyone one person:
Vid-vox Scrambler (galaxy of intrigue pg66) - 3400cr
Veridicator (galaxy of intrigue pg66) - 4000cr

This would reduce treasury to 5100cr

possum

First Post
toasterferret: Sounds like a good concept, not quite sure why you're on the Nebulon-B at the moment, but I'm sure you will convince me. What I truly require is a character sheet w/ background posted on this thread, and then it in the Dramatis Personae if it's accepted. You may use Myth Weavers to help you and as a backup, I use it, too.

Perrinmiller: Sounds about right.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Toasterferret: Maybe your guy is on the ship, sent covertly by that Jedi back on Alderaan to be of use on these covert missions, but also to get him out from under foot and away from Bael and the Empire. Maybe no one else knows he is a Jedi until Mir discovers him.

Remove ads