Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Depends on how you interpret the opening post: "Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal". I think some of us might *be* those agents...

Regardless, we'll each need a reason to get involved on the right side of things and I figure a link to the House would be a very good reason indeed... There are bound to be others, of course. Did you have something in mind?

Nebten

First Post
Well after Order 66, the "Jedi" has plenty of reasons to oppose the Empire =v).

Mir & Keyton may know each other when they worked together, but for separate factions when researching a newly discovered world.

It is also a known fact that House Organa has supported the Jedi for many years (if I'm wrong pleast let me know, I'm just now reading about this era of time).

Ambrus

Explorer
A few quick questions regarding droid equipment:

• Is all of a droid's starting accessories and equipment, even those bought with class credits, discounted from its encumbrance since they're its "stock" parts?
• How many and what sorts of tool appendages must a droid have to be considered to have access to toolkit or security kit? How much would such tool appendages cost individually?
• How much might a DRK-1 probe droid's "stealth shell" (Threats to the Galaxy) cost as a droid system?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ambrus, do you have the droid book? I think it would work out much easier if you access to that book.
• Is all of a droid's starting accessories and equipment, even those bought with class credits, discounted from its encumbrance since they're its "stock" parts?
I think there was some clearing to this somewhere, saying yes. The accessories you start with are stock parts.
• How many and what sorts of tool appendages must a droid have to be considered to have access to toolkit or security kit? How much would such tool appendages cost individually?
Not sure about the last point, but those would be a standard tool appendage each. So the total cost for those is two appendages.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Depends on how you interpret the opening post: "Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal". I think some of us might *be* those agents...

Technically, that line refers to one specific agent, but depending how possum feels, some of the pc's could also be his agents...

Ambrus

Explorer
Ambrus, do you have the droid book?
You mean the Scanveger's Guide to Droids? Yes, I do.
I think there was some clearing to this somewhere, saying yes.
If so, I haven't seen it yet.
Not sure about the last point, but those would be a standard tool appendage each. So the total cost for those is two appendages.
A toolkit has a half-dozen or so different tools listed with it; one can't fit all of those onto one tool mount. Of those tools, a stock R2 only has an electroshock probe and an electric arc welder as well as a cutting saw. But R2-D2 is seen repairing stuff and opening locked doors all the time so I'm wondering whether simply having one tool from the toolkit affixed to one tool mount and one from the security kit affixed to another tool mount is equivalent to having both kits.

Songdragon

Explorer
Songdragon, if it's not a secret, I was just wondering how you see Mir's link to house Organa, rebellious activities, anti-empire sentiments, all of the above? That could help you establish links with the other characters.

I have been considering Mir's background over the last few days. Been meaning to sit down and firm it up a little more, but the joys of family life has intruded a wee bit. So, no it is not a secret, well at least part of her life. ;)

Without writing it all out right now, the basics of what I had in mind...
- Mir grew up with her father a "guide" for travelers into the outer rim worlds, who in turn helped out in the clone wars as a scout of sorts. Her mother, whom Mir spent a good deal of her time with, was an archeologist traveling about to where the "finds" were. Both died at the end of the clone wars as their convoy ship was attacked and destroyed. Mir has not been able to get much detail as to what actually happened, save that a fugitive jedi was also aboard the ship that was attacked. Mir wants answers an no one is forthcoming!
- While on one of her Mother's digs, she ran into an Ror Roogak, an ithorian in the employ of Universal Geographic (and force adept). He did a piece on the planet and interviewed Mir's Mother, or wanted too. Mir was able to fill in. Ror, was impressed (and sensing Mir was a force sensitive) took her under his tutelage. She was able to get a job as his assistant and off the two went. When the war hit the two continued their part as UG correspondents, covering what the company wanted covering. When Order 66 went down, Ror and Mir went underground, or rather, proceeded into the Outer Rim where they would have less exposure. Mir left when she heard of her parents death and has tried to gain some insight as to why they died.
- Mir has an older bother on Coruscant who is the head of of some manufacturing firm, who profited well during the war. Has little interest in Mir or reasoning behind the parent's death. And a younger sister, who took after her mother as an archeologist. She too would like to know, but accepts the "offical" version of events. They speak as often as they are able considering their careers.

A bit of a ramble at the moment. :angel: But I will work on it to flesh it out a bit more and work with anyone who might want to weave their character's into the background.

Hope that helps, some. :D

~ Songdragon ~

Binder Fred

A toolkit has a half-dozen or so different tools listed with it; one can't fit all of those onto one tool mount. Of those tools, a stock R2 only has an electroshock probe and an electric arc welder as well as a cutting saw. But R2-D2 is seen repairing stuff and opening locked doors all the time so I'm wondering whether simply having one tool from the toolkit affixed to one tool mount and one from the security kit affixed to another tool mount is equivalent to having both kits.

Don't have the Scavenger's Guide, but how about buying internal storage for both kits and accessing them with a hand appendage (which could take the in-game form of a dedicated tool appendage if you want). Panel pops open, your manipulator reaches in and comes out with the tool-of-the-moment attached (or grasped if you're going with a general purpose hand manipulator). Or panels pop open all over the place and a brace of spindly mechanichal arms with the tools mounted at the end come out before diving in on their "prey". Sparks fly, happy days. :D

In both cases, the net effect is the same as having the tool kits and a fully functional hand available to use them effectively, so I think it makes sense.

Binder Fred

Mir's background
Niiice. I perticularly like the war-correspondant aspect; and the way it all fits together rather nicely, actually.

Would Mir by any chance be interrested in the flight recorder from that convoy ship? It might have crossed the palms of a certain Besalisk trader you know... :devil:

Unbeknowst to her (initialy at least), the entire command and control circuit has in fact have been "re-directed" away from the slag heap and a grey runner operating out of Brentaal rebuilt around its seemingly legit ID codes. Talk about a ghost ship! :eek: In this scenario, Mir would 1. follow the trail up to Sloor, which would 2. direct her, after payment/convincing, towards the (pirate?) ship -- got to work in that Feeorin in somehow, Blackrat: NPC or not, he's too good to let go ;). Mir might then want to hire Sloor (and droid) with an eye to locate and then possibly "re-direct" said ship away from its present owners (don't think they would willingly let an outsider look into their flight recorder, juryrigged by-passes not withstanding...). It would definitively be a good reason for her and Sloor (and droid) to be snooping around the station, in any event, and maybe even have a heart to heart with a "reformed" feeorin warrior or former jedi passenger... What do you think?

As always, just brainstorming away so modify to your heart's content, please.

Songdragon

Explorer
As always, just brainstorming away so modify to your heart's content, please.

I would not say war corespondent perse, more like covering effects of the war on <insert effects on natives, environmental cause, animal life, etc.>.

As for the getting information. I would think that she asked around in the UG staff and someone was able to put her in contact with more illicit folk for her needs. That could put her in touch with Sloor and his droid companion who agree to help her find that flight recorder and perhaps others in the area at the time of the attack (Keyton perhaps, whom she knows from a few years past while doing a piece on some outer rim world).

While they may not have what they want/need, agreed to meet on the space station above Brentaal to compare notes. And others of the party to be, may bring up "other" concerns that they have come across. (nice lead into the adventure and such)

(( Sound better? ))

~ Songdragon ~
(aka Mir Malone)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases