Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Cawver mawre grawnd?" replies Sloor, obviously not seeing what he means exactly...

<Reponse Mack?>
I have two reasons OOC against this:
1. No diplomatic or social skills with Mack and possibly Darius either. Sloor is the face and Mir has the Mind Trick. So really Mack on any team is only Aid Another actions.
2. Don't like splitting up party into 2 groups for IC interactions with NPCs either. If there are combat encounters then the pair is either out gunned or they get XP the others don't.

But it is late night and I cannot think of an IC explanation (that would be appropriate from Mack) to change Sloor's mind today.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor was initially planning to suggest a game of chance to split up the teams, but then IC matters interfeered. :) That said,

No 1 seems a perfectly valid point IC. Might be worth bringing it up.

No 2, on the other hand, seems either overly timid or metagamy - perticularly considering that we all have comms and that level advancement in this game is clearly event-triggered. You certainly won't convince Sloor that he can't handle a squad of locals on his own, but you're welcome to try. ;)

No 3 is of course that Mack badly *wants* to be teamed up with Mir. :D

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tomorrow finds me out of town (yeah, out of town from being away from home already), driving 18 hours to attend my brother's wedding. I will be a tad scarce during the weekend until returning on Tuesday.
Well, I just finished driving 19 hours and woke up. Outside of that 1-2 hours I had Friday night, I have barely been able to even read everything, let alone play. After staying up everynight to 2:00am visiting with relatives I haven't seen in 13 years, there was no time for IC posting.

I will try to catch up tonight. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, pardon my bad writing. :blush: But Mack was not really agreeing with Sloor but backing up Mir's proposal to stay together.

Of course if Mir's Search Feelings says it is okay, Mack could change his mind. Maybe? (Voodoo ;))

But I don't think the UtF check will help in our decision to split up unless there is a strong danger that would happen within 10 minutes. I think that is all the farther you can look ahead and long-term ramifications will not be factored in. At least that is how it was explained to me in another game.

However, I recommend that Mir do that often when we are moving about in this potentially dangerous situation. Maybe Possum will let you have that going on a standard operating procedure so you don't have to post it all of the time.

toasterferret

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Darius is a big fan of UTF checks. I'm sure if you brought it up he wouldnt mind helping Mir or searching his own feelings about the matter [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Since it was an OOC suggestion only, by all means do the checks. :)

Mack is taking the ignorant approach to the Force, believing it to be akin to magic.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hey guys,

I returned to my office yesterday only to be laid off. It looks like the natural disaster has put the writing on the wall in my little office and they realize that the SALES people cannot do their job. So they need to reduce costs by cutting the senior engineer (keeping the junior guy that has only been there 3 months). No one every says management is smart. I would have waited a few more months to ensure the junior guy's at least could do the job first. Anyway, that's what I get for skipping town under the threat of nuclear disaster.

Not sure what that will mean for the future of my gaming, but it has definitely put a damper on my creativity for the near term. I expect that I will actually have less time for playing in the longer term as I no longer have my iPhone to keep up on things and cannot spend as much time in front of a computer at home as I could working.

I have not been able to catch up since I left Stateside yet, but hope to in the next few days.

-PM

possum

First Post
Hey guys,

I returned to my office yesterday only to be laid off. It looks like the natural disaster has put the writing on the wall in my little office and they realize that the SALES people cannot do their job. So they need to reduce costs by cutting the senior engineer (keeping the junior guy that has only been there 3 months). No one every says management is smart. I would have waited a few more months to ensure the junior guy's at least could do the job first. Anyway, that's what I get for skipping town under the threat of nuclear disaster.

Not sure what that will mean for the future of my gaming, but it has definitely put a damper on my creativity for the near term. I expect that I will actually have less time for playing in the longer term as I no longer have my iPhone to keep up on things and cannot spend as much time in front of a computer at home as I could working.

I have not been able to catch up since I left Stateside yet, but hope to in the next few days.

-PM

Damn, man, I'm sorry. I hope you have a lot of luck when it comes to finding another job. And I don't blame you at all for not being in the mood for gaming. Take care.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases