Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ditto on the new job, Perrin. :cool:

On a side note, your PM box seems to be full, full, full: "perrinmiller has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks. :)

I fixed the inbox issue, I received enough new messages overnight to fill it and had not gotten around to clearing some space again with my phone.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"3-1 odds on the Crimson Fists keeping Raden alive," Demos states after a few seconds of thinking. Other than yourselves, not very many of Darga's guests take that bet, prefering to gamble on Zayda's crew.
Does this mean we cannot bet on ourselves or that we get really good odds, payout 3x if we win?

I tried to upload this yesterday but issues with the site prevented it. I added grid coordinates to the map, but I had to turn it sideways to fit on the screen in my mapping program.

EDIT: With wonky issues on the site, I ended up posting this twice. Sorry.

Attachments

• DoD Map 3.jpg
    DoD Map 3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Binder Fred

Possum said:
OOC: I'm going to say that Raden won't be able to move much in the battle, he's going to be all but stationary due to his knee.
Not to belabor the point too much, but the team HAS heavily invested in medical supplies, software and hardware specifically so we *can* do 10-minute Surgeries (with the Surgical Expertise Feat and our Surgical kit on the pointy end here). Now we get to a point where this can actually be helpful and... we can't use it??? Repairing a wounded knee seems to be exactly what the Surgery roll was designed to do.

If you want, we could always limit him to half speed? Or Darga could forbid we give him any weapons at the begining (I rather like this one, actually: ups the drama for Raden, to be put into the arena weaponless :devil:)?

On a side note, is it just me or has it been a while since [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION] have spoken up? I'll wait a bit before posting again.

Does this mean we cannot bet on ourselves or that we get really good odds, payout 3x if we win?
3:1 isn't really that good if we're the underdogs, you know? I was hoping for 5:1 at least! I guess Sloor did too much of a good job promoting the team. ;)

But, yes, 3:1 means you get three times your bet if you win. It's purely a money conversion (you put in 1, you get back 3) and is only indirectly linked with the oods of us winning. i.e. the numbers are not saying the oods of us winning are 1 in 4, as returns are set individually for each possibility. So having 3:1 on our team *winning* only implies that the spread for the *other team* winning will be somewhere below that, as they are supposedly the favorites (probably 2:1 or even fractional returns (down to 1.1:1) if Demos and the croud feel it's really a sure thing (which apparently he doesn't, or our own odds would be much, much higher)).

Mack might be able to increase his winnings if he bets on specific end conditions (Perfect Victory (no 'casualties' on our side) or a specific attacker for the kill, for example)?

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Not to belabor the point too much, but the team HAS heavily invested in medical supplies, software and hardware specifically so we *can* do 10-minute Surgeries (with the Surgical Expertise Feat and our Surgical kit on the pointy end here). Now we get to a point where this can actually be helpful and... we can't use it??? Repairing a wounded knee seems to be exactly what the Surgery roll was designed to do.

If you want, we could always limit him to half speed? Or Darga could forbid we give him any weapons at the begining (I rather like this one, actually: ups the drama for Raden, to be put into the arena weaponless :devil:)?

On a side note, is it just me or has it been a while since [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION] have spoken up? I'll wait a bit before posting again.

3:1 isn't really that good if we're the underdogs, you know? I was hoping for 5:1 at least! I guess Sloor did too much of a good job promoting the team. ;)

But, yes, 3:1 means you get three times your bet if you win. It's purely a money conversion (you put in 1, you get back 3) and is only indirectly linked with the oods of us winning. i.e. the numbers are not saying the oods of us winning are 1 in 4, as returns are set individually for each possibility. So having 3:1 on our team *winning* only implies that the spread for the *other team* winning will be somewhere below that, as they are supposedly the favorites (probably 2:1 or even fractional returns (down to 1.1:1) if Demos and the croud feel it's really a sure thing (which apparently he doesn't, or our own odds would be much, much higher)).

Mack might be able to increase his winnings if he bets on specific end conditions (Perfect Victory (no 'casualties' on our side) or a specific attacker for the kill, for example)?

Raden: You've convinced me. He will start off with no weapons, but will only be able to move at about half speed.

And yes, I'll be willing to take situational bets on the outcome of the battle. Thanks for the map, again, PM. For some reason, I can't get GIMP to put a grid on the images, even though I think that it should be able to.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Heh, you are using GIMP. That program is not so easy.

I would try this one: RPTools - Downloads

That's what I use to put grid coordinates on the maps. With on-line tutorials its learning curve is not bad at all.

--------

Tripling my money if we win should be enough, I guess. Unless Sloor has some better ideas. ;)

Binder Fred

Raden: You've convinced me. He will start off with no weapons, but will only be able to move at about half speed.
Both of them at once, uh? Well... I *did* ask for more challenges, didn't I? ;)

How high are those rocks in the arena, by the way? Are the sides climbable?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION],

Once we get tokens on the map, I can zoom in to the specific section so we can get a better grid layout. Unless you know what part you need now; you can give me the rows and columns you want zoomed in on.

I am bit confused. I thought we could not use our own weapons, but were given some non-lethal ones. So how are the bad guys going to get explosives? I sort of asked this indirectly in IC, but haven't received an answer yet. Can I have this clarified, please?

Then I will be able to reply in the IC thread for our planning session. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases