Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

possum

First Post
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION],

Once we get tokens on the map, I can zoom in to the specific section so we can get a better grid layout. Unless you know what part you need now; you can give me the rows and columns you want zoomed in on.

I am bit confused. I thought we could not use our own weapons, but were given some non-lethal ones. So how are the bad guys going to get explosives? I sort of asked this indirectly in IC, but haven't received an answer yet. Can I have this clarified, please?

Then I will be able to reply in the IC thread for our planning session. :)

I think that I'll leave the map as is, but thanks for the offer.

As for the explosives, they're much lower grade than normal. Not really enough to kill someone, but they'll still hurt (ie: still full damage, but your characters are unlikely to get killed).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Darga thinks for a few seconds, seemingly coming up with the rules on the fly. "Merciful Darga has decided on the rules for the match," the droid translates. "Your weapons and equipment will be take to your new quarters here and you will be given the non-lethal weapons all of my gladiators use, as will my team, save for one weapon each... A dagger will be given to Zayda and the others, to be used only for Raden."
Again I don't get where these explosives are coming from. Please provide details on these non-lethal weapons and what weapon we can keep. Do I get to keep my blaster rifle?

Since we are practically ready to start, I would like more on the rules as well. If we need to ask IC, let us know.

possum

First Post
Again I don't get where these explosives are coming from. Please provide details on these non-lethal weapons and what weapon we can keep. Do I get to keep my blaster rifle?

Since we are practically ready to start, I would like more on the rules as well. If we need to ask IC, let us know.

You don't get to keep your blaster rifle, per se, but you are provided with one that's relatively non-lethal (and happens to be exactly like your own rifle, how convenient!). The explosives are provided as well, by Darga.

As for rules, it's just like regular combat, save with a few objectives. You win if you incapacitate (reduce to 0 HP) all members of the opposing team. They win when they kill Warrick Raden. All damage is normal, save for the fact that you can't die.

Does that clarify it enough?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks.

So the bad guys have a knife that they technically are only allowed to use on Raden. These explosives are the equivelent on non-lethal frag grenades? Who many do we have each?

possum

First Post
I loved that "technically". I'd say that you can be assigned up to two each. Of course, one can always just give one to a friend...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
So when we roll damage for our non-lethal versions of our weapons, treat them as the same as what we normally have?

What's the damage for the explosives?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Not feeling too good (missing work has never been less fun :(). I'll try to get a post in today, but it might not go until tomorrow (Pretty tired at this point).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
No worries. Not sure I will post tonight or not. Wednesday nights for me are very busy and only a narrow time period of posting. I get absolutely nothing done during the day with the new job, so my evenings are it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases