Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Songdragon

Explorer
Question: I have been seeing the force power Mind Shard floating around in force user builds. Does anyone know the source and/or what the power does?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Are you still taking new players?

Possum, are you still allowing new players to get in on this? I realize you guys are close to starting. Let me know.

cheers,
PM

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
She asked around in the UG staff and someone was able to put her in contact with more illicit folk for her needs. That could put her in touch with Sloor and his droid companion who agree to help her find that flight recorder and perhaps others in the area at the time of the attack (Keyton perhaps, whom she knows from a few years past while doing a piece on some outer rim world).

Given the context, that agreement will pretty much have to rest either on a straight hire (stipend + expenses) and/or the expectation of monetary gain in the near future (read "loot" :)). The alternative is that they're setting you up for a bait-and-switch and/or a mugging. You wouldn't want that. :p

Payment is purely a roleplay thing. Favors owed to your UG source or vengeance might lower the cost some for example (bad blood between Sloor and the apparent target of the investigation? Better, Ror Roogak once keeping quiet about a few of Sloor's -uh- youthful indiscretions AND pulling his blubber out of an Ithorian holding pen back on Tokamon?). With that last one, I suggest a symbolic 2 credits a day (a man has his pride), plus expenses. That work for you?

And, of course, droid might just drag Sloor into the developing mess for its own unphantomable reasons. ;)

While they may not have what they want/need, agreed to meet on the space station above Brentaal to compare notes. And others of the party to be, may bring up "other" concerns that they have come across. (nice lead into the adventure and such)

Not sure I follow you here. Could you expand on that?

In my head I was seeing Sloor (and droid) as semi-local on the station with Mir coming in to see them in person, at the station (after an initial comm contact by Ror, if we're leaning that way). If you want to set the start of the game at the time of that initial meeting, that's perfect with me (provided Possum gives us enough time to discuss... On second thought, maybe set the begining just *after* a deal has been struck?). The main adventure plot would sort of stumble/interfere/swallow them whole from there.

Is that compatible with your starting situation, Possum?

Songdragon

Explorer
Better, Ror Roogak once keeping quiet about a few of Sloor's -uh- youthful indiscretions AND pulling his blubber out of an Ithorian holding pen back on Tokamon?). With that last one, I suggest a symbolic 2 credits a day (a man has his pride), plus expenses. That work for you? And, of course, droid might just drag Sloor into the developing mess for its own unphantomable reasons. ;)

This works for me. :cool: Mir would make good with those that help her out, especially concerning this matter. Once we start, she'll drop Sloor and if his droid companion are together, 250 cr as a working in good faith payment. ;)

On second thought, maybe set the begining just *after* a deal has been struck?). The main adventure plot would sort of stumble/interfere/swallow them whole from there.

This works as well. My point above was more or less just that. We agreed to meet. by other concerns I meant, running into others (the other folk of our little merry band) we know or just met and hearing of their not so kindness for the emerging Empire... and starts the adventure.

Songdragon

Explorer
Sooo... It's been a good 10+days now for folks. Just wondering about some of the other players, as there are only 3 characters posted over on the http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/273066-hayabusas-dawn-defiance-dramatis-personae.html#post5112356 page... the others still intending to play?

Sloor Sanbraiz (Binder Fred) Scoundrel
Keyton Voyran (Nebten) Jedi
Mir Malone (Songdragon) Scout (Force User)

(a droid) (Ambrus) ???
Naar (Blackrat) Soldier (mentioned he would drop out a few days ago, something about a 4th spot and knowing the adventure path)
??? (Tailspinner) (noble) (mentioned intrerest, but has not posted since March 2)

Perrinmiller (mentioned he was interested, if we still had room)

We can play with more than 4 players I would have thought. I know in the previous Living Force campaign, you could have up to 6 players in a mod. I believe these were designed in a similar fashion.

I suppose that it is all really for Possum to decide as to what he wants. I am all for 5-6 person party. Just some curiosity of what's happening. Itching/excited to get started and all. :)

Nebten

First Post
I second Songdragon's remarks.

In addtion, Possum, do you plan on only posting about once a week like your other Star Wars game?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Updated Sloor's background on the RG thread, hope it meets with your approval. :)

Random ideas for character links:

- Mir met Keyton during the aformentionned reporting gig and they fell in love. They've been long distance par amour since then, this capper being a rare chance for them to actually live together for a while.

- Naar and Sloor are drinking buddies that sometimes compete against each other in Droidgrab team matches, a bloody capture-and-bring-back the contrary (and *armed*) hover droid game played in and on the station's outer superstructure/hull (or wherever it ends up spilling into, actually). Hand-to-hand, non-stunning weapons are allowed, as are light-weight protective suits that allow short-term exposure to vacuum (no oxygen supply though)). Illegal, of course, with lots of betting. Sloor has been cutting way back recently, as the medical bills tend to eat up a sizable chunk of his profits. There's smarter money to be made elsewhere, but, still, it was a good way to get started...

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I submitted a character

Since it sounds like it is still open, I really want in. I don't want to steal someone else's spot so I hope possum will take 5 if Ambrus is still in.

Submitted my rough draft on the Human Soldier. I did not spend my credits yet. I will work on my background during the next 24 hours.

Also I checked the other characters and decided to take Use Computers and Mechanics, but I would like to change that if we have another character join that is more technical oriented, like a droid.

thanks,
Perry

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases