Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I have a female saber girl on the sidelines after FireintheDust's game folded. I don't mind running her too. Probably better in the long run as I have no idea who to ask to join. I tried to recruit a decent player for PF and everyone I know is busy.

Open recruitment is a crap shoot and we have good chemistry that will only be tarnished by another person who cannot get into it.

Akira2-small.jpg

Sonja Kuurzon

Female Human, Jedi, Level 5

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I don't know, I kind of like the idea idea of a fourth (fifth?) player in the group. Three works, for sure, but additional players add something to the dynamics, I think... Perhaps the trick to smoother recruitment could be:

1. DON'T do fitrst come, first served; ask for a completed character, with background, and choose the best.

2. Specify that submitters have to come up with a believable way for the character(s) to come into the group and must build that into their character submission. That should help a lot with character integration into the group's "chemistry", and it shows at least a minimum of reading/dedication from would-be applicants.

Off the top of my head: Sloor has been trying to recruit personel since day one (sec guard at Sel Zom, Biker chick recently, etc). Maybe he could finally succeed? (Potentiel targets for this: Darga personnel (one of Zayda's team even?), future imperial personnel coming with the delegation (and wishing to deffect after seeing the horrors of the Sarlacc project?)). Or it could be any of the slaves we hear Darga has been keeping, or Bicker chick (with a frekking good explanation as to why she buggered off), or how about Radden himself, he's got good reasons to re-locate (and maybe his -hum- character flaws were mostly caused by spice addiction? Sobber it's like he's a whole new person ;))?

I can't help feeling that, in a perfect world, adding another character - without adding another *player* - (So just to beef-up our combat efficacity?), shouldn't be our first choice.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I find it very fortunate that my first PbP game is with you guys. It set my standards high and since, I have found most other players lacking. Everyone in the other Star Wars games here at EnW I have encountered are not acceptable. They either are weak on content or cannot post daily on any frequency.

I am not interested in playing with another person that cannot meet our standards, and I could care less their reasons for it. In a recruitment, I am not very understanding about RL getting in the way. Those people should not commit in the first place.

So that leaves trying to find a person that I have not encountered before. There are some decent players in LPF, but I recently polled all of them to join a PF game and could not find one with the time. I hope I am wrong and one of you knows a good player that I don't.

Otherwise, we are left with trying to build chemistry with an unknown person. Sorry, that will be a crap shoot and I am not very excited at the prospect. I am increasingly unhappy with the mainstream EnW culture perpetuated but several longtime players.

I have games where there are only three players and they work just fine for figuring out plot issues. Let's face it, most of the work have been by us three from the start anyway. When determining what to do, we still need a consensus from 2 out of 3 players.

Mack and Sonja have very different personalities so I can assure you interactions will not be the same just because I am pulling their strings. In fact the persona I would use for her would not be the one I was using in Strike for the Adamant. She was more mature and soldier like considering the campaign. I have a RCR version that is younger and more suited to be found on our current planet perhaps.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Well I still think there are some decent players out there, and I will try contacting a few (let you know how that turns out.

On another tack, Perrin, if minimal disruption of group chemistry is our goal, why not just take over Darius?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases